• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Destiny 2 is coming for PC!
This is going to be the PC game of the year. I'm calling it.
(08-22-2017, 02:06 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Thanks.  I'm looking forward to this game.  I can't seem to get my beta key working though, I think Amazon sent me a PS4 key by mistake. :(

Destiny 2 on PC looks incredible. I am hoping to play it on PC. Most of my friends play on PS4 tho. I have close to 1000 hours on it. Mostly PVP. I used to play the Trials of Osiris every weekend and make it to the lighthouse a ton. :)

Did you activate your codeat bungie.net ?

For PS4, Xbox it was the same site. You need to go to bungie.net and use the Amazon code and get a bungie beta code. Its dumb but it converts it into the proper code.

Here is the site and how to redeem:
https://www.destinythegame.com/beta

Redemtion site-

https://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption
Thanks. Yeah I activated my code at Bungie but it looks like it was a PS4 code. Amazon may have sent me the wrong code. I have ordered a physical copy so I won't have my key until the release day. It's not a big deal anyways, it looks like it's an open public beta starting on the 29th. I will just miss out on playing on the 28th, unless I can get it working.

I can't wait to play this game in 4k HDR in SLI! Hopefully SLI will be working in the beta.

We should add each other as friends in the game, I would love to play with you.
I got my key to work! I'm downloading Destiny 2 now! I can't wait to try this game out on Monday. :)
(08-25-2017, 05:51 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I got my key to work!  I'm downloading Destiny 2 now!  I can't wait to try this game out on Monday. :)

Awesome!!

I haven'y used battlenet since the original Starcraft. I loved that game so much.

Ill see if I still have my account and we can for sure play together. The raids and pvp are my favorite part of Destiny. :)
Awesome that sounds great. :)

I have to work on Monday but I will definitely be playing it at some point, probably in the evening.
The beta is live! I'm trying it in a few minutes, I will report back.

Hey Mario I'm "SickBeast" on Blizzard, add me as a friend on there. I couldn't find you as "ZeroEnigma".

Ok I played the first mission...this game is outstanding. HDR looks outstanding. It's fully supporting SLI and I can max the game out at 4k resolution except for one setting, I'm using HBAO instead of "3D", whatever that means. That one setting tanks performance. My system was pegged at 60fps and I didn't even have my cards maxed out in terms of overclocking, I ran them undervolted just like I do for mining. I'm blown away by the fact that this is a beta. This game is more polished in its current form than most PC games are when they are released. I will play through some more of this over the coming days. Mario I'm not sure how the multiplayer works in this, I am only seeing the campaign.

Ok I found my first big frustration with the beta...it doesn't save your game! I played for about half an hour the first time and now I have to start over. I guess I will play next time when I have a lot of time to play through the entire thing in one sitting. What a thing to leave out though, that's just brutal. I wish I would have known before I played.
Mario has a Destiny 2 key. I am sure he will join you for an online session.
- hopefully we will see a short review from him. He has a capable GTX 1060-powered PC
(08-28-2017, 06:11 PM)apoppin Wrote: Mario has a Destiny 2 key.  I am sure he will join you for an online session.
- hopefully we will see a short review from him.  He has a capable GTX 1060-powered PC

I just don't see any multiplayer options in the beta. It is only the campaign. :(

The lack of saving the game is really ruining this beta for me. I usually game for a half hour to an hour at a time, tops. This really takes the fun out of it for me. It was still super cool to try out but I'm not sure I will put more time into it, it seems like a waste, and then I will just have to do it all again when the full game comes out in another month.

I will say that I am extremely pleased to see this game supporting HDR. You should see the opening scene in HDR, it's stunning. I'll try to take some screenshots if it can even capture a bit of it. I guess you would need an HDR display to see and HDR screenshot in all its glory.
(08-28-2017, 06:33 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 06:11 PM)apoppin Wrote: Mario has a Destiny 2 key.  I am sure he will join you for an online session.
- hopefully we will see a short review from him.  He has a capable GTX 1060-powered PC

I just don't see any multiplayer options in the beta.  It is only the campaign.  :(

The lack of saving the game is really ruining this beta for me.  I usually game for a half hour to an hour at a time, tops.  This really takes the fun out of it for me.  It was still super cool to try out but I'm not sure I will put more time into it, it seems like a waste, and then I will just have to do it all again when the full game comes out in another month.

I will say that I am extremely pleased to see this game supporting HDR.  You should see the opening scene in HDR, it's stunning.  I'll try to take some screenshots if it can even capture a bit of it.  I guess you would need an HDR display to see and HDR screenshot in all its glory.

You mean I can play it? It's not MP? I have a key. How big is the D/L?

Huh