• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turing Discussion Thread
http://techreport.com/news/31582/report-...nm-process
Quote:We're still gawping at the massive performance of the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, but here's a nugget of news about Nvidia's next big thing. According to a report from Taiwan's Commercial Times, TSMC will be fabricating Nvidia's upcoming Volta GPUs on its new "12nm" process. Currently, TSMC's most efficient process is called "16nm FFC", and given that it debuted back in April 2015, it's about time for an update.
I JUST HAVE TO BUY ONE.
GTC 2017

I have to be there
Wow that's happening in May. Not far off at all. nVidia is unveiling Volta in May? The professional series I'm guessing? I thought Volta wasn't really coming until 2018.
We might see something about the new Tesla GPUs. Speaking of Tesla, how is nVidia allowed to use that product name in light of the auto manufacturer of the same name, which actually happens to be a direct competitor? I smell a lawsuit. I wonder who thought of the name first.
(03-14-2017, 11:34 PM)SickBeast Wrote: We might see something about the new Tesla GPUs.  Speaking of Tesla, how is nVidia allowed to use that product name in light of the auto manufacturer of the same name, which actually happens to be a direct competitor?  I smell a lawsuit.  I wonder who thought of the name first.
The CEO of Tesla and Nvidia's CEO are friends.
:smirk:

Volta tech reveal at GTC is likely IMO.
:wait:
(03-14-2017, 11:52 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 11:34 PM)SickBeast Wrote: We might see something about the new Tesla GPUs.  Speaking of Tesla, how is nVidia allowed to use that product name in light of the auto manufacturer of the same name, which actually happens to be a direct competitor?  I smell a lawsuit.  I wonder who thought of the name first.
The CEO of Tesla and Nvidia's CEO are friends.
:smirk:

Volta tech reveal at GTC is likely IMO.
:wait:
For now they are friends. Perhaps one of them is using it as leverage over the other. There is quite a lot riding on that brand name for Tesla. And I'm thinking nVidia thought of it first. :slash:
BFF
:D

No leverage. Tesla can be a GPU name and a car company without infringing on anything.
(03-15-2017, 01:39 AM)apoppin Wrote: BFF
:D

No leverage.  Tesla can be a GPU name and a car company without infringing on anything.

Interesting. I would hate to see nVidia's CEO having leverage. He has a lot of bravado to begin with. With leverage he would really be a beast. :muscle: Hungry Angel
Wouldn't it be interesting if Tesla the car company integrated Nvidia Tesla GPUs into their cars? :smirk: