• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Incoming* New Mystery HW *Incoming*
Yes, I am. I got a special dispensation to talk about the 2070. Just not about its performance .. yet.

That will come on the 16th of the month.

No FE is coming for me evidently. I asked Nvidia about it today with no response yet. I had to beg an AIB for the card.
(10-09-2018, 10:50 PM)apoppin Wrote: Yes, I am.  I got a special dispensation to talk about the 2070.  Just not about its performance .. yet.

That will come on the 16th of the month.

No FE is coming for me evidently.  I asked Nvidia about it today with no response yet.  I had to beg an AIB for the card.

Hmm. That's a bit strange in light of the fact that they just honored your Turing review. At least you got one. Hopefully there is a good explanation.
A good explanation without the card is ... well, ...

Anyway, I just got it. The delivery woke me up. Good nap.
No one guessed which card arrived.

But as another update, something unexpected ...

. . . INCOMING!

Crazy_pilot

Bomb

. . . . Bomb

. . . . . . . . Bomb
I hate FedEx. Another damn lazy liar of a driver decided to go home early and instead faked a door tag claiming I wasn't home. I will be lucky to get anything this week from that shitty company. I don't know why anyone would use that awful company if there is a choice. They have worse service than OnTrack - a budget company, and trying to get a resolution is barely a step over the (worst company) USPS. This is their "priority overnight" also. Ground is faster.
Hmm. Maybe the FE card. Interesting.
Whatever it is, it may not arrive in time for the NDA end.  But I have another one that I will start benching tomorrow.  So it's OK.
I think I sense an SLI article coming. Dirol

Maybe the first one. Hopefully it will be another big success for BTR.

Speaking of shipping, what a nightmare for my bikes (my own and my daughter's). I ordered them almost two weeks ago now and they still have not arrived. Shipped by Purolator. They refused to safe drop them and then left two notes on my door saying they would be available 5 minutes away from my house the next day. So fine, no big deal. Then the next day I get home from work and there is a new notice saying the bikes will be at a different depot almost an hour away. I was not happy so I phoned Purolator and they agreed to ship the bikes to the closer depot. Then I went there today and the bikes weren't there. Strangely enough Purolator called me while I was there to ask which depot I wanted to get the bikes at. I nearly lost it. I put in a complaint with Sport Chek and if the bikes aren't there tomorrow I'm not too sure what I'm going to do. I'm not happy about it.

My daughter has been looking forward to the bikes every night this week. I hate promising her something and then it doesn't happen due to shenanigans like this. Receiving a domestic package two weeks after I order something is unacceptable in this day and age IMO. I said to Purolator that Amazon has drop shipped $1000 items for me before, with next day shipping to boot. Really poor service from Purolator IMO.
(10-12-2018, 01:18 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I think I sense an SLI article coming.  Dirol

Maybe the first one.  Hopefully it will be another big success for BTR.

Speaking of shipping, what a nightmare for my bikes (my own and my daughter's).  I ordered them almost two weeks ago now and they still have not arrived.  Shipped by Purolator.  They refused to safe drop them and then left two notes on my door saying they would be available 5 minutes away from my house the next day.  So fine, no big deal.  Then the next day I get home from work and there is a new notice saying the bikes will be at a different depot almost an hour away.  I was not happy so I phoned Purolator and they agreed to ship the bikes to the closer depot.  Then I went there today and the bikes weren't there.  Strangely enough Purolator called me while I was there to ask which depot I wanted to get the bikes at.  I nearly lost it.  I put in a complaint with Sport Chek and if the bikes aren't there tomorrow I'm not too sure what I'm going to do.  I'm not happy about it.

My daughter has been looking forward to the bikes every night this week.  I hate promising her something and then it doesn't happen due to shenanigans like this.  Receiving a domestic package two weeks after I order something is unacceptable in this day and age IMO.  I said to Purolator that Amazon has drop shipped $1000 items for me before, with next day shipping to boot.  Really poor service from Purolator IMO.

RTX 1070 doesn't support SLI. But if I get two, I can upgrade Mario perhaps (with permission, of course). It would be great for him to have a more capable card than a GTX 980 Ti (and he will be able to evaluate RTX *and* play at 4K decently).

Sorry to hear about your issues with your GT bikes and Purolater.

FedEx called me back within 1.5 hours - a new driver got lost. Now FedEx is on it. I *should* have it tomorrow.

I know how to escalate issues with FedEx. When they give the ticket to Cookie, you know she will get it fixed. She is pretty experienced and promised to print out a map for the driver tomorrow.
Air_kiss

It arrived early this morning - special courier from FedEx with apologies from the regular driver.
Good3
New hardware incoming!  Scheduled for Tuesday

Crazy_pilot

Bomb

And I have been benching in preparation for it starting yesterday.  Can't wait to see performance . . .  and pricing.  I even updated my benching suite for it; of the 35 games, only 5 classic or popular games remain that are older than 2017.
Dirol

DX11 Games
Grand Theft Auto V
The Witcher 3
Fallout 4
Rainbow Six Siege
Battlefield 1
Resident Evil 7
For Honor
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Prey
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Project CARS 2
Middle Earth: Shadow of War
Destiny 2
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Final Fantasy XV
Far Cry 5
The Crew 2
Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
DX12 Games
Tom Clancy’s The Division
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation
Hitman
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Gears of War 4
Civilization VI
Sniper Elite 4
Total War: Warhammer II
Forza 7
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Vulkan Games
DOOM
Wolfenstein: The New Colossus
Strange Brigade

I am taking requests for additional games, but they cannot (yet) be purely MP games. And I expect to drop BF1 for BFV next month.