• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *17*
AMD at CES live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bibZyMjY2K4

Good news. AMD is competing with Nvidia again. The new Vega has been announced for February for $699 with 3 good games bundled and it will evidently compete with the RTX 2080.
Cool beans, dude. Best wishes from the north. The variable refresh rate is a very nice surprise. Still nothing about Zen 2 eh?

apoppin lots of typos. You called the card an rtx 2070 several times and also I believe you may have accidentally reversed the dlss and taa results for ffxv on the first page.
Thanks. Yes. Zen 2 is going to be released in the 2nd half of 2019 - probably with more than 8 cores. Lisa showed it off in her keynote address.

I will leave the typos in; readers can figure it out. It's one of the most successful articles I have written - I guess readers prefer some imperfection instead of flawless. :-)
--- It's the third day and traffic is still way up because of it! A first for BTR.

I am busy working on the overclocking showdown between the RTX 2060, the GTX 1070 Ti, and versus the RX Vega 56. I'll post it on Friday and then get on to the next review.
(01-10-2019, 01:09 AM)apoppin Wrote: Thanks.  Yes.  Zen 2 is going to be released in the 2nd half of 2019 - probably with more than 8 cores.  Lisa showed it off in her keynote address.

I will leave the typos in; readers can figure it out.  It's one of the most successful articles I have written - I guess readers prefer some imperfection instead of flawless. :-)
---  It's the third day and traffic is still way up because of it!  A first for BTR.

I am busy working on the overclocking showdown between the RTX 2060, the GTX 1070 Ti, and versus the RX Vega 56.   I'll post it on Friday and then get on to the next review.
I am extremely pleased for you. I have seen what you have put into this for *years*. It's about time you got some real recognition for it! Congrats! I hope it continues to pay dividends for you for many years. You just need that elusive advertising contract. I would think Kingston, nVidia, AMD, Powercolor, Team Group, and other companies would probably be interested at the very least in small banner ads somehow. Perhaps Mario could get creative with it and create a really cool site skin involving ads from all five companies (or more). That's my own suggestion. Creative thought is one of my strongest talents.
Thank-you.  So far over 31,000 unique visitors have been to BTR this past week - mostly generated over the past 4 days; the past 24 hours saw nearly 11,000 unique visitors!  And it will go much higher when the follow-up OC showdown is posted tomorrow.

I have given up on Nvidia or anyone else agreeing to an ad contract; and I no longer care. They are the losers, and I am not going to pursue any ad contract as a distraction from real work and a waste of time. We (Mario and I) don't have to kiss anybody's butt for anything; and we don't owe anyone anything other than fair and thorough reviews. We review products on loan - and that's it. Our opinions are our own.
Beee

BTR is getting enough advertising to support itself now.  That is all I was ever concerned about.  You know the song, "My Way"?  That's my own theme. I am keeping busy with work that I love, and BTR is reaching over 80,000 readers a month with decent and unique reviews. And there will be a large expansion soon with expanded benching, enough to make this site even more of a gamers' resource.
Dance3

BtW, free game on Humble Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/a-sto...cle?linkID

Great reveiws
https://store.steampowered.com/app/27836..._My_Uncle/
It's 5th day in a row with very high traffic (over 32,000 unique visitors this week, so far). So let's see if it will go higher with the OC showdown
https://babeltechreviews.com/overclockin.../view-all/

New Radeon SW - 19.1.1 dropped yesterday evening. Expect a driver performance analysis up early next week. Still holding at only 39 games. The next one will feature 40.
https://babeltechreviews.com/adrenalin-s.../view-all/

It's the latest driver performance evaluation Adrenalin 19.1.1 and I included a readers poll to see if they want to see competing cards included in driver reviews.

So far, BTR had 37,000 visitors last week. It's a record. Next up will either be an EVGA RTX 2060 review or another OC showdown featuring the Liquid cooled RX Vega vs the GTX 1080 and vs the RTX 2070.
So what's the large expansion you are working on?

Things are quiet here. It's kind of grey out. This is the part of winter that I do not like. Very little natural light. I went for a nice walk though and it wasn't too cold out.
I am working on adding eSports/multiplayer games to my regular benching. 50 games total. I need to set up a server to bench MP repeatably for the games where 'bots can't be used properly.

It's been raining off and on since Sunday evening here. LA got more rain than Seattle, so far, this year. And the rain doesn't end until Friday morning. However, it's all 'tropical', so the temperatures are in the 50s F, not near freezing from traditional Winter storms.

It's perfect for working. I am working on GF 417.71 in preparation for a new aftermarket RTX 2060 to arrive later this week.
Cool. Good luck with that.