• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off topic nonsense
This thread will be the catch-all for OT posts. If you find a post deleted - it probably isn't - it got moved here without change to this OT thread. Anyone can feel free to continue whatever you want here. But tech threads won't be derailed any longer even if I - or anyone else - started the derail.

The Turing thread (for example) is about Turing. Not about personalities or Youtube or anything other than Turing.

==========================================================================================================

Hardware Unboxed?

JC-LOL Laugh1 JC-LOL

Bomb

Next you will probably link to Adored.tv

Air_kiss
Just think, Greg, you could always run AMD hardware. Good3

Drinks Biggrin

Heart

I know you just love AMD.

HeartHeartHeart

An Intel GPU though...that just might work out for you. Just maybe. Good luck with the drivers. Help
What is wrong with many Youtube based sites?

Absolutely everything. They rely on social media and they cater to their followers - many of whom are AMD trolls and organized shills. Being popular means the difference between getting advertising dollars and big income - or getting nothing. And right now it is popular to rag on Nvidia for everything and it gets upvotes and views from the Red Team's organized hate campaign.

Most everything on YT has to be dumbed down for the stupids who can't comprehend text-based reviews. GamersNexus also has text articles and has maintained their standards even though they have to cater to their audience.
That FB popularity is an anomaly - that's why I posted it.

I don't give a crap what anyone thinks of my reviews and I don't cater to my audience.

I am still waiting for you to post links to Adored/tv to support your views.

Read my edit about GamersNexus. And it applies to Linus also
Quote:GamersNexus also has text articles and has maintained their standards even though they have to cater to their audience.
I did not say that their primary audience was AMD shills.

That's your own negative opinion about Nvidia.

But I will agree that many of Nvidia's customers are disappointed by the high prices of Turing.

I am very active on Reddit and I am well aware of what Nvidia customers are saying. And it is a larger forum than Linus' forum.
It's starting. The next round of the fight is starting.
He has own agenda.

Perhaps I have to explain the word "many" to him. No wonder he relies on YT for his primary knowledge of this subject. I am still waiting for him to post links to Adored.tv

Quote:man·y
/ˈmenē/Submit
determiner, pronoun, & adjective
a large number of.
"many people agreed with her"
synonyms: numerous, a great/good deal of, a lot of, plenty of, countless, innumerable, scores of, crowds of, droves of, an army of, a horde of, a multitude of, a multiplicity of, multitudinous, multiple, untold; More

Do I have to link to the dictionary for a "most" definition also? I did not say all. And I specifically excluded GamersNexus and Linus Tech Tips. There are also other good YT channels out of MANY *thousands*
- but then he is a rude orc.
I knew he would be back. It was only a matter of when. And now he wants to fight. You are giving him a fight. You are giving him what he wants. From what I have seen, gstanford *loves* a good fight. I remember asking him why he used to argue endlessly with Rollo and he told me to stay out of it, mind my business, and not worry about his reasons.

IMHO he is trying desperately to bait you. He knows you have signed the new NDA with nVidia and he is trying tirelessly to get you to say something you're not allowed to say. Not cool IMO. I know how much work you have put into this site and that is the absolute last thing I would ever want to see.
(10-20-2018, 02:06 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I knew he would be back.  It was only a matter of when.  And now he wants to fight.  You are giving him a fight.  You are giving him what he wants.  From what I have seen, gstanford *loves* a good fight.  I remember asking him why he used to argue endlessly with Rollo and he told me to stay out of it, mind my business, and not worry about his reasons.

IMHO he is trying desperately to bait you.  He knows you have signed the new NDA with nVidia and he is trying tirelessly to get you to say something you're not allowed to say.  Not cool IMO.  I know how much work you have put into this site and that is the absolute last thing I would ever want to see.

I have never cared what he thinks when he posts idiotic troll posts.

And the NDA I signed with Nvidia is not valid. It is not legally binding (anyway). They completely screwed up in my case. I keep NDAs *only* as a courtesy, and especially because I gave my word not to reveal anything before the launch.

And there is nothing I cannot say or post about Turing now - even IF the NDA was valid. It's out now. My opinions are my own and have always been my own.

Ask me anything about Turing.
I did not attack you. It's in your own mind. If you don't like me or my forum, my I remind you - WtF are you doing here?