• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington Post journalist reportedly murdered by Saudi regime
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-...-1.4859179

Apparently the journalist recorded his own murder and dismemberment on his Apple Watch, which is now in possession of Turkish authorities. Now Trump appears rattled by this and the Saudi stock market is having a meltdown.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/14/middleeas...index.html

I'm still waiting for the moment in time when Canada will sever all times with this country and regime. I'm not quite sure what we need them for. I'm sure there are lots of countries that would love to send their medical students here. Perhaps we can support a freedom loving regime instead.
Well, I am going to wait for the investigation. The king is an old guy, and if his son the crown prince is responsible then there may be severe punishment within the kingdom itself. If not, the international community should react strongly against this kind of dirty shit.

I saw the 60 Minutes interview by Diane Sawyer of Trump tonight. He is waiting for the investigation results also.
Shockingly it looks as though the Saudis may be willing to admit to this:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/15/middleeas...index.html

There must be irrefutable evidence. I can't wait to see how this plays out. It looks like they may become a pariah state like North Korea. I know here in Canada they tweeted a picture of a plane flying into the CN tower when we said something about their civil rights abuses. Disgusting. I hope the people there are able to overthrow these clowns.
It could be a rogue prince. If they execute him, it will be justice and they will gain respect for taking out their own trash.
So let's break this down a little in terms of a timeline:

1. The journalist disappears in the Saudi embassy in Turkey. His financee waits for hours and hours outside and he never returns. She immediately contacts her high level contact within the Turkish government. She apparently has video and audio evidence of the entire incident on her iPhone which was streamed from the victim's Apple Watch and was subsequently also uploaded to the cloud.

2. The Saudis deny all responsibility and say they do not know what happened to the journalist. They also say that the journalist actually left the Saudi embassy that night (the fiancee was waiting outside the whole time, and no, he never left).

3. The Turks come out and say that they have evidence of the killing.

4. The Saudis claim that it was an interrogation gone wrong.

5. The Turks claim that they have proof that there was no interrogation. The journalist was straight up murdered and dismembered pretty much from the moment he entered the embassy.

6. The crown prince and the king both deny all knowledge and responsibility for this incident. It is implied that there were "rogue" killers doing this of their own accord. This is despite the fact that the killers flew to Turkey in the prince's own jet that he paid for, with several members of his inner entourage.

It's going to be lots of fun to watch the troll prince and king try to walk themselves back from this one. They have already lost any and all credibility with their early statements which were clearly BS.

Don't Muslims have to make their pilgrimage for the Hajj in Mecca, which is part of Saudi Arabia? I feel badly for them. I would personally not feel comfortable traveling within a 500km radius of that country at the moment.
I have to see what happens with the Saudi's investigation before I judge anything.

But we already know that Trump is willing to forgive them and sweep everything under the rug even before an investigation starts and he is FoS about "severe consequences" even if the King/Crown Prince ordered the execution. But then Trump is a dirty liar who doesn't give a damn about human rights or our planet's future.

Yes. Mecca is in Saudi Arabia.
(10-17-2018, 12:11 AM)apoppin Wrote: I have to see what happens with the Saudi's investigation before I judge anything.

But we already know that Trump is willing to forgive them and sweep everything under the rug even before an investigation starts and he is FoS about "severe consequences" even if the King/Crown Prince ordered the execution.  But then Trump is a dirty liar who doesn't give a damn about human rights or our planet's future.

Yes.  Mecca is in Saudi Arabia.
There is video evidence of the entire thing. The assassins flew in on the crown prince's own jet. And they were members of his inner entourage.
(10-17-2018, 12:28 AM)SickBeast Wrote:
(10-17-2018, 12:11 AM)apoppin Wrote: I have to see what happens with the Saudi's investigation before I judge anything.

But we already know that Trump is willing to forgive them and sweep everything under the rug even before an investigation starts and he is FoS about "severe consequences" even if the King/Crown Prince ordered the execution.  But then Trump is a dirty liar who doesn't give a damn about human rights or our planet's future.

There is video evidence of the entire thing.  The assassins flew in on the crown prince's own jet.  And they were members of his inner entourage.

What I mean is if the King actually does something about the person responsible in a meaningful way - like a public execution - it would restore their credibility. If not, fsck them. But then Trump loves assholes like Kim and nothing will happen with him in charge of the White House. He loves money and power and aspires to be a dictator like the Saudis and NK rulers who abuse their people. He abuses women too - just like the Arab countries do.
(10-17-2018, 12:34 AM)apoppin Wrote:
(10-17-2018, 12:28 AM)SickBeast Wrote:

There is video evidence of the entire thing.  The assassins flew in on the crown prince's own jet.  And they were members of his inner entourage.

What I mean is if the King actually does something about the person responsible in a meaningful way - like a public execution - it would restore their credibility.  If not, fsck them.  But then Trump loves assholes like Kim and nothing will happen with a hateful moronic clown in charge of the white house.

Unless the prince and the king execute themselves there will be no justice here. Only sanctions and international condemnation.
Breaking news
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost?ref_s...r%5Eauthor

Quote:Breaking: Saudi government acknowledges journalist Jamal Khashoggi died while in that country’s consulate in Istanbul

I'll be damned if I pay to subscribe to the WP just to access their story, but TMZ also carries it

http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/19/saudi-arab...consulate/
Quote:The Saudi kingdom's public prosecutor says the Washington Post reporter -- who was last seen inside the Saudi Consulate on October 2 -- got into an argument with men inside the building, and a fistfight broke out. The prosecutor isn't saying what sparked the argument, or how Khashoggi actually died.

The prosecutor says 18 Saudis have been arrested in connection to the case.

They also fired 5 of their top officials. Unless it leads to incrimination of the Crown Prince - and his execution or exile - it's probably another White Wash worthy of the jerk in the White House.