• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intel i9 9900K $580
(10-09-2018, 10:49 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 10:43 PM)SickBeast Wrote:  I guess if it's cheap enough and performs a bit faster than a GTX 1080 it could be ok.  nVidia has given AMD a big window in terms of pricing.  However nVidia will certainly rain on their parade with a new product or else lower prices.

Exactly!  The midrange where the new 2070/2060 will reside.  The money makers.  Lowering prices is good for gamers!

And I'd love for Ryzen II to take much more marketshare and mindshare away from Intel.

It just would be nice if AMD could truly challenge Intel and nVidia. What they are doing now is "good enough" but it's also second best.
(10-09-2018, 11:04 PM)SickBeast Wrote: It just would be nice if AMD could truly challenge Intel and nVidia.  What they are doing now is "good enough" but it's also second best.

It reminds me of during the Cold War the Russians sponsored an international contest between a Ford and a Lada.  Of course, the Ford won on every single metric except price.  So the next day, the Moscow news proudly - and truthfully - proclaimed:

Quote:"In an International automobile competition judged by an unbiased panel of experts from all over the world, our glorious Lada came in second, and the overpriced American car came in second-to-last."

(The Lada was finally discontinued last year, and it was always the butt of jokes in Russia i.e. "What's the difference between a Lada and a Jehovah's witness? ... You can shut the door on a witness" or "Why does the Lada have a rear defroster built into the back window? - to warm your hands while you push it")

Drinks
Intel cheating again with benchmarks?

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-...37908.html

Quote:As part of its Coffee Lake Refresh launch, Intel paid test firm Principled Technologies to benchmark its new processors and compare them to chips in AMD's current lineup (PDF). However, Hardware Unboxed spotted a few test conditions that obviously could skew the results in favor of Intel's processor, including using a less-capable CPU cooler on AMD's chip, overclocking the RAM on Intel's platform only, and disabling half the cores on an AMD Ryzen processor.
I guess you missed my post on the previous page...
(10-10-2018, 11:03 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I guess you missed my post on the previous page...

Blush

I am surprised I remember to eat ... I have been ridiculously busy the last couple of days ...

. . . and it will get worse this week ... much worse

And to be fair to ME ... you made a ninja edit with a text link. You know I never watch YT videos and didn't see your update
Beee
(10-10-2018, 01:52 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 11:03 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I guess you missed my post on the previous page...

Blush

I am surprised I remember to eat ... I have been ridiculously busy the last couple of days ...

. . . and it will get worse this week ... much worse

And to be fair to ME ... you made a ninja edit with a text link.  You know I never watch YT videos and didn't see your update
Beee

That was a special ninja edit, just for you.

But it's ok. I'm just glad you saw it in the end. A new low for Intel. One of the most dishonest things I have seen a tech company do, ever.

I'm quite busy this week also. Not that that will make you feel any better. Good luck to you. I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park with the RTX 2070.
(10-10-2018, 09:49 PM)SickBeast Wrote: That was a special ninja edit, just for you.

But it's ok.  I'm just glad you saw it in the end.  A new low for Intel.  One of the most dishonest things I have seen a tech company do, ever.

I'm quite busy this week also.  Not that that will make you feel any better.  Good luck to you.  I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park with the RTX 2070.

I didn't see it until you pointed it out to me.

It's not a new low for Intel. It's expected of them. That is what they have been doing for a long time. They are an easy and big slow-moving target.

I just signed up for the Internet through my phone company (Frontier). Unlimited 25Mbps for $50 a month (with taxes, about $65 a month - and way less than the $110 a month I'm currently paying for ViaSat). It's a new fiber optic cable, and I'll get unlimited phone calls to the USA, Mexico, and Canada. There is a $9.99 charge for the modem but no installation fee and they give me an Amazon Dot Echo as well as a DVR for my TV.

Installation is scheduled for less than 2 weeks, and I'll terminate my ViaSat service afterward and have them take their damn dish off my roof if everything works as hoped. The only thing I don't like is a $120 early termination fee (which is way less than with ViaSat).

Online gaming is OtW!
Gamer4
(10-10-2018, 10:09 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 09:49 PM)SickBeast Wrote: That was a special ninja edit, just for you.

But it's ok.  I'm just glad you saw it in the end.  A new low for Intel.  One of the most dishonest things I have seen a tech company do, ever.

I'm quite busy this week also.  Not that that will make you feel any better.  Good luck to you.  I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park with the RTX 2070.

I didn't see it until you pointed it out to me.  

It's not a new low for Intel.  It's expected of them.  That is what they have been doing for a long time.  They are an easy and big slow-moving target.

I just signed up for the Internet through my phone company (Frontier).  Unlimited 25Mbps for $50 a month (with taxes, about $65 a month - and way less than the $110 a month I'm currently paying for ViaSat).  It's a new fiber optic cable, and I'll get unlimited phone calls to the USA, Mexico, and Canada.  There is a $9.99 charge for the modem but no installation fee and they give me an Amazon Dot Echo as well as a DVR for my TV.

Installation is scheduled for less than 2 weeks, and I'll terminate my ViaSat service afterward and have them take their damn dish off my roof if everything works as hoped.  The only thing I don't like is a $120 early termination fee (which is way less than with ViaSat).

Online gaming is OtW!
Gamer4

Oh yeah! Awesome! Please LMK when you are up for a game of Overwatch or something. Awesome news! We should get a BTR game of some sort going.
(10-10-2018, 10:47 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Oh yeah!  Awesome!  Please LMK when you are up for a game of Overwatch or something.  Awesome news!  We should get a BTR game of some sort going.

I will. I am looking forward to it! My new service should go live on the 22nd.

I'll keep ViaSat for a couple of days as an overlap to make sure that everything is OK with Frontier's service. It will be great to get that damn dish off of my roof and say goodbye to overpriced and throttled "unlimited" high-ping Satellite Internet
Bomb

Letsee, maybe Mario will join in .. and perhaps we could also recruit HappyMedium and gstanford.

Gamer4
It will be a humbling experience for you all.

Orc Crazy_pilot Paladin Gamer4 Dirol Wizard Aggressive