• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield V
I finally got around to playing the open beta today and my reaction is "wow". They have done a very nice job with this game. I can confirm that the HDR in it is very well done. The game is a technical marvel, even without the ray tracing. Next gen graphics. It ran butter smooth on my hardware at 4k resolution. The lighting and the shadows are very well done in this game. Overall I liked it. There were a couple of glitches but overall the game appears to be quite polished and stable. I recommend it.
Thanks for your feedback. I won't be buying BF V

Boredom

If Nvidia doesn't send me a review copy I will be shocked.

Gamer4

Unless I do a really horrible job on my next set of reviews
Black_eye
No problem.

Just one more week to go for you. I wish you well. I'm sure you will get it right, you always do. Your GPU reviews are always the best ones out there and you're continuing to improve.

How has your health been? Still eating well?
(09-08-2018, 01:33 AM)SickBeast Wrote: No problem.

Just one more week to go for you.  I wish you well.  I'm sure you will get it right, you always do.  Your GPU reviews are always the best ones out there and you're continuing to improve.

How has your health been?  Still eating well?

Thanks for that ... but it looks like I will be under extreme time pressure. You never know
Bomb

Yes, I am still OK. I'm eating optimally (and less - I am no longer stuffing myself) ... I still have a long way to go, but my BP is still normal and I can work full time.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider supports HDR
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Shadow-of-...s-1264575/

use google translate.
Best HDR I have ever seen is in Destiny 2.

Ivan should start playing with me on PC soon as well :)

Regarding Battlefied, I should really do an article but:

1. Tanks, airplanes, etc are all trashed and there is only one viable airplane and it is difficult to do strafing runs on ground troops.
2. The menus are terrible in the beta. You have the leave the lobby/game and use a stupid in-game currency to purchase new attachments and the new "gun skins" are generic and lazy. The copy pasted the GARBAGE system from Battlefront 2 and I do not know why!
3. Gunplay is still epic and the games looks great. I agree. runs awesome even on my 980ti
4. Health/ammo system in the game is cumbersome. I often find myself running out of clips extremely fast after a kill or two and instead of going to a good tactical location or following my team I have to hope they are running a specific class or look for a supply box. Its dumb.

I have a couple more gripes but with the current gaming landscape and even Call of Duty's Blackout mode having more players (BFV might limit it to 64) it is not looking good for this game. I love Battlefield but I am worried for the franchise as a whole. They need to take a year off
Speaking of Tomb Raider lol

https://twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/statu...5480504322
Hey Mario I will play some Destiny 2 with you if you are playing. I love that game and my character is pretty powerful. I agree that the HDR in it looks really good. Both Destiny 2 and Battlefield V did a great job with it though. Battlefield V has more realism but Destiny 2 has more "pop" and they made a much more artistic use of the feature.

Actually the entire Destiny 2 game is a work of art. I will miss running it in 6k DSR with my SLI setup. It will probably be years before I have that kind of GPU power again.
(09-10-2018, 08:40 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Hey Mario I will play some Destiny 2 with you if you are playing.  I love that game and my character is pretty powerful.  I agree that the HDR in it looks really good.  Both Destiny 2 and Battlefield V did a great job with it though.  Battlefield V has more realism but Destiny 2 has more "pop" and they made a much more artistic use of the feature.

Actually the entire Destiny 2 game is a work of art.  I will miss running it in 6k DSR with my SLI setup.  It will probably be years before I have that kind of GPU power again.

I hate Bungie though. Did you have the season pass with base game?

The DLC is 40 dollars or 59.99 for the legendary edition that has all the base game dlc

It's a pretty good DLC and Ivan already ordered all his things so I am just waiting for his GPU to come in.
The new CoD is in Beta ...

As a reviewer, I would also appreciate it if the game franchises would be updated only when they are polished and ready instead of the current model which only benefits the publishers.