• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PNY 512gb USB drive
(08-03-2018, 03:28 PM)apoppin Wrote: Agree

Don't worry about Crystal Disk benches. They are synthetic.   You have a fast flash drive with a lot of capacity.  I'm taking both of my 64 GB flash drives and a couple of 240 GB SSDs with me to Hawaii.  I want to watch movies on my notebook on the flight but I will have to rip my DVDs to the SSD as my notebook doesn't have an optical drive and I am not going to bring my external Blu-Ray player (well, maybe I will as it is tiny).

Good idea. We don't have that option with our Apple gear. This is the one circumstance when Android is much better with their SD card slots and such. You can't even use OTG storage with Apple, it sucks. It would be great if I could offload my photos onto the 512gb memory stick from time to time, but no, I will have to rely on the cloud. My router can turn my 5tb HDD into cloud storage so I might use that or else just Google Drive and stuff.

The 32gb on our iPads is thankfully enough to store some shows off Netflix for the kids.

I might put one or two on my phone for the flight, that's not a bad idea.
Well that really sucks with Apple. Not many airlines will allow you to access your cloud in flight.

Beee

Can I sign up for Netflix and download movies to watch offline? I might do that. Or Amazon?
(08-03-2018, 03:54 PM)apoppin Wrote: Well that really sucks with Apple.  Not many airlines will allow you to access your cloud in flight.  

Beee

Can I sign up for Netflix and download movies to watch offline?  I might do that.  Or Amazon?

Netflix definitely lets you do that within the Netflix app. I'm not sure about Amazon. And I believe Netflix gives you a free one month trial.
(08-03-2018, 04:01 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 03:54 PM)apoppin Wrote: Well that really sucks with Apple.  Not many airlines will allow you to access your cloud in flight.  

Beee

Can I sign up for Netflix and download movies to watch offline?  I might do that.  Or Amazon?

Netflix definitely lets you do that within the Netflix app.  I'm not sure about Amazon.  And I believe Netflix gives you a free one month trial.

That would work for me! Thanks. A month trial would be perfect. I would download to my tablet in addition to movies I rip to my notebook. 6 hours is a long flight for me and I want to be distracted.

Does Netflix work seamlessly with both Windows and Android devices? If so, I will sign up today.

Good3
(08-03-2018, 04:05 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 04:01 PM)SickBeast Wrote:

Beee

Netflix definitely lets you do that within the Netflix app.  I'm not sure about Amazon.  And I believe Netflix gives you a free one month trial.

That would work for me!  Thanks.  A month trial would be perfect.  I would download to my tablet in addition to movies I rip to my notebook.  6 hours is a long flight for me and I want to be distracted.

Does Netflix work seamlessly with both Windows and Android devices?  If so, I will sign up today.

Good3

Yes, I believe it does. There is a Windows 10 app also.
Awesome! Thank-you. I will sign up for Netflix today. I don't need Amazon anything.

Good3