• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone X
(09-16-2018, 11:56 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 06:09 PM)ZeroEnigma Wrote: Now this is hilarious:

https://reddit.com/r/videos/comments/9ga...f_iphones/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bad.  Notice that they say nothing about the processor, the OS, or the battery life.

Apples processor is better but no one has any issue with samsung battery life especially when they actually include fast charge out of the box without the need to buy $45 + of dongles for your dongles dongle.

Its just a funny ad. Far superior screens and more on Samsung but I remain on Apple for OS updates, stability and very basic needs.
(09-17-2018, 01:13 AM)ZeroEnigma Wrote:

Not bad.  Notice that they say nothing about the processor, the OS, or the battery life.

Apples processor is better but no one has any issue with samsung battery life especially when they actually include fast charge out of the box without the need to buy $45 + of dongles for your dongles dongle.

Its just a funny ad. Far superior screens and more on Samsung but I remain on Apple for OS updates, stability and very basic needs.

Fast charging is overrated. I use wireless charging. The iPhone X has been a battery beast for me. The only time it has died on me was when I used it at Disney from 8am until midnight that day, with moderate to heavy usage with tons of use of the camera, including 4k 60fps video. The dongles are largely a non-issue. Apple only charges $9 for them. I just use a dongle for each pair of my headphones that I commonly use. Quite frankly I prefer Apple's dongles over 95% of the headphone jacks I have used on various phones. Apple's audio output is superb and pretty much the best out there aside from LG with their quad DAC.

Have you tried the iPhone X? Which model of iPhone do you have? The iPhone X is the first phone from Apple that gives you pretty much everything that has been available on Android for some time. Notably wireless charging and fast charging.

I agree that was actually a pretty good ad. Pretty clear bias though and it was completely staged (obviously).
(09-17-2018, 02:43 AM)SickBeast Wrote:

Fast charging is overrated.  I use wireless charging.  The iPhone X has been a battery beast for me.  The only time it has died on me was when I used it at Disney from 8am until midnight that day, with moderate to heavy usage with tons of use of the camera, including 4k 60fps video.  The dongles are largely a non-issue.  Apple only charges $9 for them.  I just use a dongle for each pair of my headphones that I commonly use.  Quite frankly I prefer Apple's dongles over 95% of the headphone jacks I have used on various phones.  Apple's audio output is superb and pretty much the best out there aside from LG with their quad DAC.

Have you tried the iPhone X?  Which model of iPhone do you have?  The iPhone X is the first phone from Apple that gives you pretty much everything that has been available on Android for some time.  Notably wireless charging and fast charging.

I agree that was actually a pretty good ad.  Pretty clear bias though and it was completely staged (obviously).

Fast charge is anything but overrated. Hence why they advertise it so heavily. Only to pull the bait and switch with dongles. The dongle for fast charging is not 9 dollars.

In order to get the advertised "50% battery in 30 minutes," which is considerably slower than Samsung I might ad, you need a USB-C to lightning cable. Apple controls these cables and the quality and pricing sucks just go look at amazon. Minimum $25 purchase for just the cable.

The wall plug included in the box is also not the one you need. You also need a USB-C power brick with the correct wattage of at LEAST 29w. Quickly looking the cheapest I could find was this 25 dollar one from Anker.

That is $50+ to your already 1000 dollar phone. JC-LOL

HENCE why I went with the iPhone 8 plus. I have the Jump! program from T-mobile so I can upgrade anytime I want. I knew the x was the "future" and look, 1st gen x users get screwed and we now have a better phone at a cheaper price. Insane.

I am sorry but they are wearing me thin too. For the top of the line iPhone XS MAX with max storage it is now more expensive than a Macbook at $1500+. Nvidia all over again lol

I am glad you enjoy dongles, I do not. I use wireless headphones and they work great. I like to charge my phone and listen to music at the same time. I have tried the Samsung S9+, the iPhone X and the S9+ is frankly better. I went with the iPhone 8 plus for a very basic reason: Advanced messaging.

I talk with my mom, sister, friends who all live two States away from me and they are constantly sending me pictures. As of today, Sprint is the only US carrier that supports advanced messaging on Android devices without the need for third-party apps which I could not get to work. a 4k video for instance cannot be sent from one S9 to another on Verizon.

Apple includes this technology by default and ignores the wireless carriers limitation with iMessage. Literally the only reason lol. Oh, and iPhone 8 also includes wireless charging
(09-17-2018, 04:54 PM)ZeroEnigma Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 02:43 AM)SickBeast Wrote:

Fast charging is overrated.  I use wireless charging.  The iPhone X has been a battery beast for me.  The only time it has died on me was when I used it at Disney from 8am until midnight that day, with moderate to heavy usage with tons of use of the camera, including 4k 60fps video.  The dongles are largely a non-issue.  Apple only charges $9 for them.  I just use a dongle for each pair of my headphones that I commonly use.  Quite frankly I prefer Apple's dongles over 95% of the headphone jacks I have used on various phones.  Apple's audio output is superb and pretty much the best out there aside from LG with their quad DAC.

Have you tried the iPhone X?  Which model of iPhone do you have?  The iPhone X is the first phone from Apple that gives you pretty much everything that has been available on Android for some time.  Notably wireless charging and fast charging.

I agree that was actually a pretty good ad.  Pretty clear bias though and it was completely staged (obviously).

Fast charge is anything but overrated. Hence why they advertise it so heavily. Only to pull the bait and switch with dongles. The dongle for fast charging is not 9 dollars.

In order to get the advertised "50% battery in 30 minutes," which is considerably slower than Samsung I might ad, you need a USB-C to lightning cable. Apple controls these cables and the quality and pricing sucks just go look at amazon. Minimum $25 purchase for just the cable.

The wall plug included in the box is also not the one you need. You also need a USB-C power brick with the correct wattage of at LEAST 29w. Quickly looking the cheapest I could find was this 25 dollar one from Anker.

That is $50+ to your already 1000 dollar phone.  JC-LOL

HENCE why I went with the iPhone 8 plus. I have the Jump! program from T-mobile so I can upgrade anytime I want. I knew the x was the "future" and look, 1st gen x users get screwed and we now have a better phone at a cheaper price. Insane.

I am sorry but they are wearing me thin too. For the top of the line iPhone XS MAX with max storage it is now more expensive than a Macbook at $1500+. Nvidia all over again lol

I am glad you enjoy dongles, I do not. I use wireless headphones and they work great. I like to charge my phone and listen to music at the same time. I have tried the Samsung S9+, the iPhone X and the S9+ is frankly better. I went with the iPhone 8 plus for a very basic reason: Advanced messaging.

I talk with my mom, sister, friends who all live two States away from me and they are constantly sending me pictures. As of today, Sprint is the only US carrier that supports advanced messaging on Android devices without the need for third-party apps which I could not get to work. a 4k video for instance cannot be sent from one S9 to another on Verizon.

Apple includes this technology by default and ignores the wireless carriers limitation with iMessage. Literally the only reason lol. Oh, and iPhone 8 also includes wireless charging
The difference in price between the 8 Plus and the X was so minimal that I went with the X because it seemed like the vastly superior phone to me. I wanted something pocket friendly. I've had big phones like the 8 Plus before and I didn't like how they felt like a brick in your pocket.

You do make valid points about the iPhone X. I think from my standpoint I was just done with Android in general and I was ready to try an iPhone. This is my first iPhone, believe it or not. I have had more Android phones than I can remember or even name. Notably I owned every LG flagship since the G3. The Essential Phone was my very last Android phone. It was the last straw for me. It used stock Android and it still had all sorts of problems. And there were some really major QC issues and horrible design decisions that would never happen with Apple. The simple fact that I hated that phone so much told me that it was time for a change.

So while yes, there are definitely some big things in favor of Android, you can't really look past the advantages of iOS also. Notably Android phones tend to have a micro SD card slot and they support fast charging and USB-C out of the box. Android phones also tend to be cheaper and often have better specs than Apple phones. Never a faster CPU though. And never a better, more stable OS with more updates.

The battery life is the biggest difference I notice quite honestly and it was a big reason in terms of why I switched. I'm just happy it worked out because I was concerned that I would have battery drain issues all over again with Apple.
I just installed iOS 12 on my iPhone X. I'm not sure I have ever seen such a dramatic performance improvement from an update. You should see how fast the camera loads up in particular. Instantaneously basically. So far so good. Some people are complaining that the colors are now messed up with the new update but I'm not sure about that yet. I will share my thoughts once I have spent more time with the update. I'm installing it on my iPad now also.
I'd much rather have a Surface Pro 6 than an iPad Pro, but maybe it is just me.

https://www.theverge.com/tech/2018/10/3/...ge-battery
(09-26-2018, 02:20 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I just installed iOS 12 on my iPhone X.  I'm not sure I have ever seen such a dramatic performance improvement from an update.  You should see how fast the camera loads up in particular.  Instantaneously basically.  So far so good.  Some people are complaining that the colors are now messed up with the new update but I'm not sure about that yet.  I will share my thoughts once I have spent more time with the update.  I'm installing it on my iPad now also.

Pretty terrible update that seemingly had no QA testing. Besides those positive changes: Apple blocks accessories that do not pay their ridiculous lightning cable licensing fees. Instead of allowing some wireless things to work, for instance a cheaper 12 foot charging cable you can buy on Amazon, they will occasionally give you a "accessory not supported" error message.

Whoever made this update fucked up badly. Apple is barely acknowledging it but some of my headphones refused to work, my LTE stops working randomly and is only resolved with a hard reset, if you turn off your phone and let it sit and then try to put in a charger cable into it without turning the screen on first it will never charge.

:(
Oh yes let's post more negative things about Apple and the iPhone X.

News flash: I have used more Android phones than I can count, and the iPhone X is a very large cut above them all. After most work days I have over 80% battery, sometimes more. The phone is fast with a great interface and a great camera. It's pocket friendly. Quite honestly it has everything any Android phone has, and more.

I'm not sure why you keep posting all the hate and negativity. I will simply go on enjoying the best phone I have ever owned. There is a reason these things are so popular despite being so expensive. They are that good.
(10-03-2018, 10:17 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Oh yes let's post more negative things about Apple and the iPhone X.

News flash:  I have used more Android phones than I can count, and the iPhone X is a very large cut above them all.  After most work days I have over 80% battery, sometimes more.  The phone is fast with a great interface and a great camera.  It's pocket friendly.  Quite honestly it has everything any Android phone has, and more.

I'm not sure why you keep posting all the hate and negativity.  I will simply go on enjoying the best phone I have ever owned.  There is a reason these things are so popular despite being so expensive.  They are that good.

JC-LOL JC-LOL

I have owned every iPhone since the 2. I have also owned countless Android phones/tablets/streaming boxes etc. Let's relax. I wouldn't buy a phone if I was anti-apple and a pathetic fan boy hater. Now that we have moved on from that silliness, I mean this would be like me ignoring Marks complaints about the hang up and low res graphics from yesterdays Windows 10 installs and calling him a Linux lover and a Windows 10 hater.

I LOVE MY PHONE. OMFG I LOVE IT SO MUCH I LICK IT BEFORE I GO TO BED, just not the charging part as that has not gone well in the past ;)

Thanks for the review, I agree really great phones with awesome features! Now that we agree we can move on right?

Ill break it down: I have an iPhone 8 plus. My Wife has an iPhone 8 plus. I have the airpods. I also have some beats headphones I bought for my wife. With this update our phones are faster but only wireless charging works. My wife cannot charge her phone without turning her screen off and on over and over and alternating the cables orientation. ONLY Wifi works on my phone unless I do a hard reset every time I leave my house. My headphones will no longer auto connect as they should..since they are an Apple product, instead I get an accessory not supported message. Should I go on? Its not hate. Its my own experience...since the update. Agree
Beta fixed my charging issues from what I can see and headphones began working like normal :) finally. I had to sign up for the beta program but it was worth it.