• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone X
(07-24-2018, 08:18 PM)ZeroEnigma Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 06:42 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 06:15 PM)ZeroEnigma Wrote: Just as a quick note, I just got the Apple Airpods and they are awesome. I highly recommend them. They are a little expensive but I go them for cheap through T-mobile.

:beer:

Thanks. I am interested in them. How is the sound quality?recently got some beats x headphones for half off and I have been using them for workouts. I like them a lot. But I think the airpods would be better.

I bought my wife the Beatssolo3 Wireless headphones and those are obviously better. They sound amazing but are also over double the price. I like the airpods a lot. super easy to use and carry around, fit great and sound good enough. Obviously not as good as the beats do but well enough to be good :)
Thanks. From what I'm reading the Beats X do sound a bit better than the Airpods. But the Airpods are so much more portable and elegant.

I need to stop buying more headphones! Stop giving me ideas! :P
Apple says they fixed the Macbook overheat and throttling issues. What sloppy QC in the first place. But the patch looks "promising"

https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-macbook-...ch-tested/
Quote:The bug affected all new 2018 MacBook Pro laptops, but the MacOS update is already showing promising results.
(07-25-2018, 05:06 PM)apoppin Wrote: Apple says they fixed the Macbook overheat and throttling issues.  What sloppy QC in the first place.  But the patch looks "promising"

https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-macbook-...ch-tested/
Quote:The bug affected all new 2018 MacBook Pro laptops, but the MacOS update is already showing promising results.

It's hard to believe they can actually cool a processor that's as powerful as our 8700K chips in a chassis that small and thin. It's good to hear they sorted it out.
(07-25-2018, 05:51 PM)SickBeast Wrote: It's hard to believe they can actually cool a processor that's as powerful as our 8700K chips in a chassis that small and thin.  It's good to hear they sorted it out.

Actually they didn't. It just shows promising results.
Quote: . . . the MacOS update is already showing promising results.

No, there are many other ultra lights from better companies that use an overclocked 8700 and also a GTX 1080 full chip which can overclock and they don't have the ridiculous throttling issues Apple's sh!tty QC sent out to be sold without proper validation.
:doh:

Apple is sloppy and they do not deserve any kind of pass for their over-priced and under-performing notebooks. They are putting out hardware worthy of RTG - ship it out, and maybe fix it later on.
Dodgy
(07-25-2018, 06:01 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 05:51 PM)SickBeast Wrote: It's hard to believe they can actually cool a processor that's as powerful as our 8700K chips in a chassis that small and thin.  It's good to hear they sorted it out.

Actually they didn't.  It just shows promising results.  

No, there are many other ultra lights from better companies that use an overclocked 8700 and also a GTX 1080 full chip which can overclock and they don't have the ridiculous throttling issues Apple's sh!tty QC sent out to be sold without proper validation.

Apple is sloppy and they do not deserve any kind of pass for their over-priced and under-performing notebooks.  They are putting out hardware worthy of RTG - ship it out, and maybe fix it later on.
Dodgy

Are they as thin with a premium build like the Macbook? I would be surprised.

These Macbooks are extremely expensive. But that seems to be the market Apple targets. If I were loaded rich and needed a laptop I would want one.

But you're right, a GTX 1080 would sure be a nice addition. Do you have a link to one of those laptops? It sounds interesting.
(07-25-2018, 06:51 PM)SickBeast Wrote:

Apple is sloppy and they do not deserve any kind of pass for their over-priced and under-performing notebooks.  They are putting out hardware worthy of RTG - ship it out, and maybe fix it later on.
Dodgy

Are they as thin with a premium build like the Macbook?  I would be surprised.

These Macbooks are extremely expensive.  But that seems to be the market Apple targets.  If I were loaded rich and needed a laptop I would want one.

But you're right, a GTX 1080 would sure be a nice addition.  Do you have a link to one of those laptops?  It sounds interesting.

Yes .. Nvidia has many partners making them to a special standard called "Max-Q"

Do a search and see what you find. Crapple notebooks can't hold a candle to them ... maybe as a blowtorch
:D

The GeForce notebooks are about 1 pound heavier. Big deal. Same size. And the damn things can play games at 4K without burning up
:nerd:
(07-25-2018, 07:14 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 06:51 PM)SickBeast Wrote:

Dodgy

Are they as thin with a premium build like the Macbook?  I would be surprised.

These Macbooks are extremely expensive.  But that seems to be the market Apple targets.  If I were loaded rich and needed a laptop I would want one.

But you're right, a GTX 1080 would sure be a nice addition.  Do you have a link to one of those laptops?  It sounds interesting.

Yes .. Nvidia has many partners making them to a special standard called "Max-Q"

Do a search and see what you find.  Crapple notebooks can't hold a candle to them ... maybe as a blowtorch
:D

The GeForce notebooks are about 1 pound heavier.  Big deal.  Same size.  And the damn things can play games at 4K without burning up
:nerd:

Thanks. I just had a look and the Max-Q laptops do look pretty awesome. They are a much better value than the Macbooks. I'm sure with Volta they will get even better.
(07-25-2018, 07:33 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Thanks.  I just had a look and the Max-Q laptops do look pretty awesome.  They are a much better value than the Macbooks.  I'm sure with Volta they will get even better.

Apple = hype = Crapple when it comes to notebooks. Overpriced ... and underperforming. It's **only** for Apple Fans - their sheeple who must have their OS.

Just buy a good Win 10 Max-Q notebook, boot camp it, and have a real notebook that can game AND not burn your lap.
Now this is hilarious:

https://reddit.com/r/videos/comments/9ga...f_iphones/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(09-16-2018, 06:09 PM)ZeroEnigma Wrote: Now this is hilarious:

https://reddit.com/r/videos/comments/9ga...f_iphones/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bad. Notice that they say nothing about the processor, the OS, or the battery life.