• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone X
Just so you know, Samsung is developing their own GPU
https://gfxspeak.com/2018/07/23/samsung-developing-gpu/

It's certainly an SOC for their smartphones to take on Apple
Thinking

There goes Apple's advantage

Angel

And while we were talking about MacBooks and you mentioned you thought the 2018 model might be good ... I didn't watch it but I love Elric's title
Quote:2018 i9 Macbook Pro Is An Over Priced Overheating Monster!

Damn, he could use a text editor - The 2018 i9 Macbook Pro is an Over-priced Over-heated Monster!
No wonder he picked Youtube
:D
(07-24-2018, 01:52 PM)apoppin Wrote: Just so you know, Samsung is developing their own GPU
https://gfxspeak.com/2018/07/23/samsung-developing-gpu/

It's certainly an SOC for their smartphones to take on Apple
Thinking

There goes Apple's advantage

Angel

And while we were talking about MacBooks and you mentioned you thought the 2018 model might be good ...  I didn't watch it but I love Elric's title
Quote:2018 i9 Macbook Pro Is An Over Priced Overheating Monster!

Damn, he could use a text editor - The 2018 i9 Macbook Pro is an Over-priced Over-heated Monster!
No wonder he picked Youtube
:D
They can’t compete with Apple. No one can in the mobile space. Samsung has already developed their own CPUs. They are barely competitive with Qualcomm, let alone Apple. I will say that Quallcomm’s GPUs are a lot more competitive with what Apple makes compared to the CPU side, but really I think the CPUs are a large part of what sets the Apple products apart. It’s the single threaded performance more than anything, and that’s what 90% of people are going to notice most when they use their devices.

As for Elric’s video, I will watch it when I have some time. How many cores does the i9 CPU have? There are limits to how much heat a mobile chassis can dissipate, and the MacBook Pro has a very slim chassis. The weaker CPU models probably don’t have a problem.

By the way, why is Elric wearing a Gamer’s Nexus t-shirt? Is he affiliated with them now?
(07-24-2018, 02:17 PM)SickBeast Wrote: They can’t compete with Apple.  No one can in the mobile space.  Samsung has already developed their own CPUs.  They are barely competitive with Qualcomm, let alone Apple.  I will say that Quallcomm’s GPUs are a lot more competitive with what Apple makes compared to the CPU side, but really I think the CPUs are a large part of what sets the Apple products apart.  It’s the single threaded performance more than anything, and that’s what 90% of people are going to notice most when they use their devices.

As for Elric’s video, I will watch it when I have some time.  How many cores does the i9 CPU have?  There are limits to how much heat a mobile chassis can dissipate, and the MacBook Pro has a very slim chassis.  The weaker CPU models probably don’t have a problem.

By the way, why is Elric wearing a Gamer’s Nexus t-shirt?  Is he affiliated with them now?
Samsung *can* compete with Apple. About the only thing Apple has going for it beside their massive hype campaign which seems to have made you a believer in their false god, is their CPUs. :P

Samsung tapped the lead engineer for Nvidia's SOC and if they put enough money into it, they can easily top Apple.

Who cares if the i9 has only 1 core or 80? It's an overpriced PoS according to Elric. And that tends to describe their desktops and laptops in general compared to Windows offerings. Clearly Apple's design is inferior to the best ultralights which can actually PLAY games. I don't want light-as-a-feather and slow-as-hell that burns my lap - that looks great when it is off or displayed on Apple's altar where Cook does a little dance and brings out an 'innovation' that is really a fix. Apple makes and sells real crap besides their decent but overpriced smartphones. And you can have their iPads also - they are average.
:poop:

Elric got a few things sent to him by Steve .. I don't know .. he doesn't talk to me any longer. He is very temperamental - with an emphasis on temper. He evidently didn't like the results from a favor that I did for him - so I don't really care what is happening in his Youtube fantasyland

Angel
(07-24-2018, 02:24 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 02:17 PM)SickBeast Wrote: They can’t compete with Apple.  No one can in the mobile space.  Samsung has already developed their own CPUs.  They are barely competitive with Qualcomm, let alone Apple.  I will say that Quallcomm’s GPUs are a lot more competitive with what Apple makes compared to the CPU side, but really I think the CPUs are a large part of what sets the Apple products apart.  It’s the single threaded performance more than anything, and that’s what 90% of people are going to notice most when they use their devices.

As for Elric’s video, I will watch it when I have some time.  How many cores does the i9 CPU have?  There are limits to how much heat a mobile chassis can dissipate, and the MacBook Pro has a very slim chassis.  The weaker CPU models probably don’t have a problem.

By the way, why is Elric wearing a Gamer’s Nexus t-shirt?  Is he affiliated with them now?
Samsung *can* compete with Apple.  About the only thing Apple has going for it beside their massive hype campaign which seems to have made you a believer in their false god, is their CPUs. :P

Samsung tapped the lead engineer for Nvidia's SOC and if they put enough money into it, they can easily top Apple.  

Who cares if the i9 has only 1 core or 80?  It's an overpriced PoS according to Elric.  And that tends to describe their desktops and laptops in general compared to Windows offerings.  Clearly Apple's design is inferior to the best ultralights which can actually PLAY games.  I don't want light-as-a-feather and slow-as-hell that burns my lap - that looks great when it is off or displayed on Apple's altar to.  Apple makes and sells real crap besides their decent and overpriced smartphones.  And you can have their iPads also - average.
:poop:

Please wake me up when Samsung has a faster CPU than Apple. Not. Gonna. Happen. And please don’t try to argue that the GPU is somehow more important. It’s not. The CPU is used for practically everything. The GPU is used for gaming, which most people don’t do or even care about on a phone.
(07-24-2018, 02:29 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Please wake me up when Samsung has a faster CPU than Apple.  Not.  Gonna.  Happen.  And please don’t try to argue that the GPU is somehow more important.  It’s not.  The CPU is used for practically everything.  The GPU is used for gaming, which most people don’t do or even care about on a phone.

Wake up .. it is no longer 2013 ... the GPU is a co-processor with the CPU. It is just as important as the CPU for a SOC - and it is used for everything on a smartphone.
:time:
(07-24-2018, 02:36 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 02:29 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Please wake me up when Samsung has a faster CPU than Apple.  Not.  Gonna.  Happen.  And please don’t try to argue that the GPU is somehow more important.  It’s not.  The CPU is used for practically everything.  The GPU is used for gaming, which most people don’t do or even care about on a phone.

Wake up .. it is no longer 2013 ... the GPU is a co-processor with the CPU.  It is just as important as the CPU for a SOC - and it is used for everything on a smartphone.  
:time:
That doesn’t change the fact that Apple’s CPUs blow everything else out of the water in terms of single threaded performance.  And their GPUs are no slouch either.  Samsung may have poached a very good engineer but Apple has a few years head start on them.

I will admit that I’m biased though.  I have never liked Samsung as a company or their products.  I can’t stand them actually.
(07-24-2018, 02:41 PM)SickBeast Wrote: That doesn’t change the fact that Apple’s CPUs blow everything else out of the water in terms of single threaded performance.  And their GPUs are no slouch either.  Samsung may have poached a very good engineer but Apple has a few years head start on them.

I will admit that I’m biased though.  I have never liked Samsung as a company or their products.  I can’t stand them actually.

Thank-you for your admission. I never liked Apple. I hate over-hyped and over-priced, but they have found their large niche and the do make decent smartphones. But they are not too big to fail and unless they continue to innovate, then a competitor will overtake them.

I never liked Samsung either. They have been involved in a lot of fraud and I tend to think of them as an extra 'dirty' company that cheats on their benchmarks more than most.
Dodgy
Just as a quick note, I just got the Apple Airpods and they are awesome. I highly recommend them. They are a little expensive but I go them for cheap through T-mobile.

:beer:
(07-24-2018, 06:15 PM)ZeroEnigma Wrote: Just as a quick note, I just got the Apple Airpods and they are awesome. I highly recommend them. They are a little expensive but I go them for cheap through T-mobile.

Thanks. I am interested in them. How is the sound quality?recently got some beats x headphones for half off and I have been using them for workouts. I like them a lot. But I think the airpods would be better.
(07-24-2018, 06:42 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 06:15 PM)ZeroEnigma Wrote: Just as a quick note, I just got the Apple Airpods and they are awesome. I highly recommend them. They are a little expensive but I go them for cheap through T-mobile.

Thanks. I am interested in them. How is the sound quality?recently got some beats x headphones for half off and I have been using them for workouts. I like them a lot. But I think the airpods would be better.

I bought my wife the Beatssolo3 Wireless headphones and those are obviously better. They sound amazing but are also over double the price. I like the airpods a lot. super easy to use and carry around, fit great and sound good enough. Obviously not as good as the beats do but well enough to be good :)