iPhone X
A quickie search found some workarounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tjpyb88qDQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoHwcKeKMpQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCemu7ceTaA

As usual, I didn't watch any of them
Beee

But I hope they may be useful to you.
Thanks. The problem is that he forgot his password and he did not associate his account with an email address. So he's stuck with it on that particular iPad, permanently. We contacted the developer and they will not help us.
(11-03-2018, 06:10 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Thanks.  The problem is that he forgot his password and he did not associate his account with an email address.  So he's stuck with it on that particular iPad, permanently.  We contacted the developer and they will not help us.

Cry
(11-03-2018, 06:16 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 06:10 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Thanks.  The problem is that he forgot his password and he did not associate his account with an email address.  So he's stuck with it on that particular iPad, permanently.  We contacted the developer and they will not help us.

Cry

He's heartbroken about it. He has put a lot of hours into the game.
(11-03-2018, 05:13 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 05:04 PM)apoppin Wrote: Good luck with that one.  Maybe get an XBox to tide you over at 4K also.

Gamer4
I would much rather put the $700CAD I would spend on an Xbox One X and some controllers toward my PC instead.  I have learned from the Nintendo Switch.  We barely use it.  Our PC is just so much better.

And it only cost 3X as much and requires a $800+ transplant every 18 months!

You can't really compare a Switch to a One X, the experience is not comparable.

A One X can run a lot of games at 4K, some with AA. That's a big difference.

PCs are better, but with a significantly diminished ROI. I can still afford $1000 video cards, but I don't plan on doing so while devices like the One X exist. (and Sony's response will certainly be even better)

Console gaming has come a long way, the One X is the first device that is a legit challenger to PCs.

EDIT: And in the States a One X is <$500, with a game no less. PC Gaming has NO similar deal for that level of performance.
https://www.mediapost.com/publications/a...marke.html

Quote:The worldwide tablet market declined 9% last quarter, according to the latest forecast from International Data Corporation (IDC).

The number of tablets shipped fell from 40 million to 36 million devices a year earlier. This follows another IDC report on smartphone shipments declining 6% from the previous year, the fourth consecutive quarter of year-over-year declines for the global smartphone market.

"The tablet market is more like the traditional PC market than ever before," stated Jitesh Ubrani, senior research analyst at IDC. ...

... Apple again led the market with 10 million devices shipped, for 27% market share, followed by Samsung, shipping 5 million units for 15% market share.

The smaller players have left the tablet market or have given them much less priority ... And I guess we'll have console tablets before long for the really value market.
Beee
(11-06-2018, 12:56 PM)CyberMage Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 05:13 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 05:04 PM)apoppin Wrote: Good luck with that one.  Maybe get an XBox to tide you over at 4K also.

Gamer4
I would much rather put the $700CAD I would spend on an Xbox One X and some controllers toward my PC instead.  I have learned from the Nintendo Switch.  We barely use it.  Our PC is just so much better.

And it only cost 3X as much and requires a $800+ transplant every 18 months!

You can't really compare a Switch to a One X, the experience is not comparable.

A One X can run a lot of games at 4K, some with AA. That's a big difference.

PCs are better, but with a significantly diminished ROI. I can still afford $1000 video cards, but I don't plan on doing so while devices like the One X exist. (and Sony's response will certainly be even better)

Console gaming has come a long way, the One X is the first device that is a legit challenger to PCs.

EDIT: And in the States a One X is <$500, with a game no less. PC Gaming has NO similar deal for that level of performance.
For me it is completely pointless. An Xbox One X is going to give me half to two thirds of my current performance, if that. What is the point? I can get all those games on the PC, for cheaper, that I can keep forever in my Steam library. If I didn't have a PC it would be different. I would spend $800 on a new GPU before dropping $500+ or even $300+ on a console. It just doesn't make sense to me. The Switch has a unique use case in that it's portable. So even though we don't use it much I don't totally mind it because I know we will use it sometimes when we travel.

(11-06-2018, 06:19 PM)apoppin Wrote: https://www.mediapost.com/publications/a...marke.html

Quote:The worldwide tablet market declined 9% last quarter, according to the latest forecast from International Data Corporation (IDC).

The number of tablets shipped fell from 40 million to 36 million devices a year earlier. This follows another IDC report on smartphone shipments declining 6% from the previous year, the fourth consecutive quarter of year-over-year declines for the global smartphone market.

"The tablet market is more like the traditional PC market than ever before," stated Jitesh Ubrani, senior research analyst at IDC. ...

... Apple again led the market with 10 million devices shipped, for 27% market share, followed by Samsung, shipping 5 million units for 15% market share.

The smaller players have left the tablet market or have given them much less priority ... And I guess we'll have console tablets before long for the really value market.
Beee
The smartphones and tablets are finally being affected by Moore's Law being dead. They were making monumental gains for some time. But now things have slowed down. I thought I would be butthurt when the iPhone XS came out but the CPU on it is maybe 10-15% faster. Fine it has some kind of AI features. But I haven't seen those used yet and quite frankly the AR that was supposed to blow my mind with the iPhone X never materialized so at this point I consider all that "hype". We also took some side-by-side photos and we struggled to see any difference. In fact in many cases I preferred the color saturation on my iPhone X. In very specific low light niche cases we were able to see a bit more noise in the iPhone X photos compared to the XS. That is all.

The bottom line is that in my own case, upgrading to an iPhone XS would be a sidegrade at best. The XS has inferior battery life. I would definitely notice that. The potential upside, not so much. I certainly wouldn't drop $1,000 on one. And like I said I plan to keep this phone for four years. It's blazing fast with a great camera in a form factor I am happy with. I'm sure there will be better but I'm going to do my best to hold back.
SickBeast Wrote:For me it is completely pointless. An Xbox One X is going to give me half to two thirds of my current performance, if that. What is the point? I can get all those games on the PC, for cheaper, that I can keep forever in my Steam library. If I didn't have a PC it would be different. I would spend $800 on a new GPU before dropping $500+ or even $300+ on a console. It just doesn't make sense to me. The Switch has a unique use case in that it's portable. So even though we don't use it much I don't totally mind it because I know we will use it sometimes when we travel.

Undecided

I don't have a gaming PC in my living room. It's in the downstairs office where it's mainly used by my son.

Not buying another to have one in my living room as well for the little gaming I do, no ROI compared to One X. As far as I'm concerned, whatever video related stuff I need the One X does well enough for me . Wizard
(11-06-2018, 09:43 PM)SickBeast Wrote: The smartphones and tablets are finally being affected by Moore's Law being dead.

Moore's law has nothing to do with it.

Beee

Quote:Moore's law is the observation that the number of transistors in a dense integrated circuit doubles about every two years.
According to you.

Once again my entire point has gone right over your head. Smartphone CPUs have been developing and improving at a massive rate. Up until recently.

(11-07-2018, 12:53 AM)CyberMage Wrote:
SickBeast Wrote:For me it is completely pointless. An Xbox One X is going to give me half to two thirds of my current performance, if that. What is the point? I can get all those games on the PC, for cheaper, that I can keep forever in my Steam library. If I didn't have a PC it would be different. I would spend $800 on a new GPU before dropping $500+ or even $300+ on a console. It just doesn't make sense to me. The Switch has a unique use case in that it's portable. So even though we don't use it much I don't totally mind it because I know we will use it sometimes when we travel.

Undecided

I don't have a gaming PC in my living room. It's in the downstairs office where it's mainly used by my son.

Not buying another to have one in my living room as well for the little gaming I do, no ROI compared to One X. As far as I'm concerned, whatever video related stuff I need the One X does well enough for me . Wizard
Oh, Rollo. You haven’t lived until you have tried PC gaming on a big screen TV. You only get one trip on this rock. Use it wisely. Stay off the sauce also, IMO.