• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone X
(10-03-2018, 10:55 PM)ZeroEnigma Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 10:17 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Oh yes let's post more negative things about Apple and the iPhone X.

News flash:  I have used more Android phones than I can count, and the iPhone X is a very large cut above them all.  After most work days I have over 80% battery, sometimes more.  The phone is fast with a great interface and a great camera.  It's pocket friendly.  Quite honestly it has everything any Android phone has, and more.

I'm not sure why you keep posting all the hate and negativity.  I will simply go on enjoying the best phone I have ever owned.  There is a reason these things are so popular despite being so expensive.  They are that good.

JC-LOL  JC-LOL  

I have owned every iPhone since the 2. I have also owned countless Android phones/tablets/streaming boxes etc. Let's relax. I wouldn't buy a phone if I was anti-apple and a pathetic fan boy hater. Now that we have moved on from that silliness, I mean this would be like me ignoring Marks complaints about the hang up and low res graphics from yesterdays Windows 10 installs and calling him a Linux lover and a Windows 10 hater.

I LOVE MY PHONE. OMFG I LOVE IT SO MUCH I LICK IT BEFORE I GO TO BED, just not the charging part as that has not gone well in the past ;)

Thanks for the review, I agree really great phones with awesome features! Now that we agree we can move on right?

Ill break it down: I have an iPhone 8 plus. My Wife has an iPhone 8 plus. I have the airpods. I also have some beats headphones I bought for my wife. With this update our phones are faster but only wireless charging works. My wife cannot charge her phone without turning her screen off and on over and over and alternating the cables orientation. ONLY Wifi works on my phone unless I do a hard reset every time I leave my house. My headphones will no longer auto connect as they should..since they are an Apple product, instead I get an accessory not supported message. Should I go on? Its not hate. Its my own experience...since the update.   Agree

Fair enough. To that I will say, I exclusively use wireless charging, and quite frankly you can't really compare the X to the 8 Plus. The only time I use wired charging is in the car, and I haven't tried it since the update.

The X is/was the most revolutionary iPhone since the original one. No offense, but the 8 and the 8 Plus are kind of "meh" in comparison. Not a whole lot better than the 7, IMO. Incremental upgrade. Whereas the X is/was a radical design change, in a good way.
Duh? lul. you made a great purchase, stop feeling the need to defend it. Be happy! You got a great deal but I did not want to pay 650+ for two phones when I got these for free...because I knew a year later there would be these new ones released, and voila!

This is how upgrades and premium products work. What do they have in common.....? THE OS. This is the issue and I never once claimed no one should buy these phones or it ruined them lololol. It could have a carbon fiber body with a million core CPU but if the OS has these problems for anything in a product line it defeats the purpose and it adds nothing.

I am allowed to complain about extremely annoying "bugs" and issues an OS update brings, bugs I am experiencing, regardless of the price I paid for my phone. My wife downgraded her OS until the fix is live, I am on Beta. ;)
(10-05-2018, 07:49 PM)ZeroEnigma Wrote: Duh? lul. you made a great purchase, stop feeling the need to defend it. Be happy! You got a great deal but I did not want to pay 650+ for two phones when I got these for free...because I knew a year later there would be these new ones released, and voila!

This is how upgrades and premium products work. What do they have in common.....? THE OS. This is the issue and I never once claimed no one should buy these phones or it ruined them lololol. It could have a carbon fiber body with a million core CPU but if the OS has these problems for anything in a product line it defeats the purpose and it adds nothing.

I am allowed to complain about extremely annoying "bugs" and issues an OS update brings, bugs I am experiencing, regardless of the price I paid for my phone. My wife downgraded her OS until the fix is live, I am on Beta. ;)
These bugs are minor compared to what I have seen on Android. With all my LG phones I would leave them sitting overnight idle and they would lose 30% of their battery charge. This would continue during the day and with a bit of active use I was lucky if I got 1-2 hours of screen on time. My phone would be dead when I got home from work. With the iPhone X I'm always at 80%+ battery, even if I use my phone on my lunch break and to listen to music and stuff during the day.
Are the issues that you describe common to Android - or to LG?
(10-06-2018, 01:54 AM)apoppin Wrote: Are the issues that you describe common to Android - or to LG?
I never completely nailed it down. It most certainly was worse on the LG phones, but those phones also had small batteries and/or inefficient processors. My Essential Phone also suffered from the problem. I have a feeling it was due to Android Wear, or else it was app related. I just could never nail down which app was causing the problem, or the source of the problem. I spent quite a bit of time troubleshooting it. My iPhone X OTOH has been completely rock solid and I have quite a few apps on it. In fact they are largely the same apps I was using on Android. And I am using my Android Wear smart watch without any battery drain or other issues with my iPhone. It's kind of ironic that Android Wear actually works better on the Apple platform.

There were other bugs also. Some hardware related, some software. That's the problem with Android phones compared to Apple. With Android they don't have full control over the hardware and the software the way Apple does. It inevitably leads to problems like this. The Essential Phone in particular was a hot mess, as nice of a phone as it was. Mostly hardware bugs. But they were bad to the point that they ruined the experience for me. The screen was wonky on it. It did not respond well to touch and then when you tried to scroll down a website on it, it either lagged or else it had horrible jitter and the text would bounce around and strain your eyes. The phone also had horrible reception to the point that I had no signal at work. Brutal.
(10-06-2018, 01:54 AM)apoppin Wrote: Are the issues that you describe common to Android - or to LG?

The problem with Android is any phone can vary WILDLY in quality. If you go to Metro PCS in the US, a cheap subsidiary of Sprint, you can get a "free Samsung Galaxy" phone. These are not anywhere near the quality of flagship devices and they will have these issues but no. I never had these wild bugs and 1-2 hours of screen life. This is stupidly low and I am sure we would have heard about flagship devices having such bad battery life.

The only bad I ever had with the HTC 3D phone. It was a nice phone but after 6 months with no updates the phone suffered badly from being behind and ANY phone after 1-2 years will start to see decreased battery life. Not anywhere close to that bad tho. Manufactures like Samsung insist on placing their shit custom launchers on the phone with their branding and menus. This makes the responsibility of updating the phones on them, which they never do.

I can ask Ivan to comment in here. His phone, the Google pixel 2, has a better camera and a similar screen to the iPhone with a clean OS and constant updates. That phone . These are the phones that should be produced. LG I have never had a single phone from them so I could not tell you. He plays Clash of Clans all day and his phone last throughout the entire day.

On top of this they have Fast charge out of the box for most phones that go from 0-full in about an hour. They also gain 30% or so after 15 minutes of charge. Apple has this too and its awesome with the correct equipment. I love Apple because of constant updates and the accessories market is much larger. The most recent throttling scandal pissed me off but everyone is doing it.

I have mentioned it before but before I switch to Android they need too: make a better processor, create something like iMessage STANDARD on all phones no matter what, because rich texts are needed and not the archaic SMS tech carriers refuse to update, force companies to update their phones or remove their proprietary software. Which will never happen lol. Which is why I have an iPhone and why I am ordering one of the new models next month ;)
The big problem with Android is that it's all based on Java which makes everything far less efficient compared to Apple. By that I mean, by design and by nature apps will perform slower on Android with a *much* larger memory footprint compared to iOS, all things being equal. This problem is compounded by the fact that even the very best Android Snapdragon processor has something like half of the single threaded CPU performance of Apple's top chip. It's reached a point where even Apple's A10 CPU which is now two generations old is superior to any Android processor available. I don't know what things are like in the USA, but you can easily buy an iPhone 7 here outright for $200-300CAD depending on the deal. And it will blow any Android phone at a similar price point out of the water on a number of metrics.

Then once you add in all the bugs and other problems on Android it becomes a landslide in favor of Apple and iOS.

I just wish I had come to this conclusion sooner.

The one big advantage Android has is the micro SD card slot, but that is being negated by all the streaming and cloud storage that we have today. Plus micro SD cards are very slow compared to native built in storage.
I don't know if Apple is different these days, but what has always been my motivation for avoiding Apple is iTunes their proprietary OS.

I like being able to drag and drop whatever content I want on and off my phone in Windows Explorer, and while slower, SD Cards offer infinite expandability. (and they're certainly a lot faster than writing stuff back and forth to internet storage)

Toms Hardware said:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-xs-m...-5741.html

Quote:The Galaxy Note 9 pulls ahead in some important categories, though. It offers longer battery life based on our testing and faster charging out of the box, and it gives you double the storage and microSD expansion for less money. And if you really care about productivity, the S Pen can really come in handy.

Overall, both the iPhone XS Max and Note 9 are superior phablets, but Apple’s handset barely squeaks out the victory.

So I doubt there's much difference in user experience. As such, I prefer an open OS.
I stream everything. I went with 64gb of storage. I'm using 36gb which includes every photo and 4k video I have ever made with the phone. Netgear's Readyshare Cloud storage is fantastic. I can't recommend it enough. Google Photos is great also. I have Apple Music now on a four month free trial but I will be switching to Spotify soon. I got it free for one year. And I have an additional free year to tack on after that.
They are saying that Apple is no longer disclosing how many iPhones they sell each quarter to investors. Apparently their sales are trending down so they are raising prices to compensate. They probably don't want the general public to know their margins. Apple's stock was way down as a result of this. The investors don't like it.