• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *15*
(07-11-2018, 04:30 AM)gstanford Wrote: I think GTX 1080 will still be the winner and likely will be extending its lead due to more memory and higher memory clocks,  more rops and higher pixel rate, faster shader units and FP performance.

I think you mean the GTX 980 Ti (vs. the Fury X).

Shall I do the evaluation?

Windows just had a big update .. I am planning to install Fury X in a few minutes and update the AMD SSD.
I guess, but if Vega can't stand up to 1080 Ti, what hope does the even older Fury X have, "fine wine" or not? (and nvidia have put out some very decent driver updates themselves over Pascal's lifespan).
(07-11-2018, 04:48 AM)gstanford Wrote: I guess, but if Vega can't stand up to 1080 Ti, what hope does the even older Fury X have, "fine wine" or not? (and nvidia have put out some very decent driver updates themselves over Pascal's lifespan).

Well, my idea is to revisit Fury X vs GTX 980 Ti for the 4th time. There are still a lot of gamers using both the GTX 980 Ti and Fury X, and AMD has been claiming "fine wine" for years .. let's give it a final test. Both cards are still very capable and in the GTX 1070 class. There will be little point to doing it after next gen Nvidia cards, and it would be like revisiting 290X vs 780 Ti (which I might consider as they are still useful for 1080P)
Thinking

Here are my earlier evaluations at BTR:

1. The Sapphire Fury X vs the EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+ Showdown - July 7, 2015
2. The XFX Fury X vs. the GTX 980 Ti Showdown - October 9, 2015
3. The Fury X vs. the GTX 980 Ti Revisited with 36 Games - December 1, 2016

It's been over a year and a half since my last evaluation - over 3 years since the first - and long enough to see if AMD's Fury X is fine wine or vinegar.
Oh, sorry, I thought you were pitting 1080 ti against Fury X and couldn't understand why

It will be interesting to see how Maxwell has aged. Plenty of people still love their GTX 970's to this day.
(07-11-2018, 04:55 AM)gstanford Wrote: Oh, sorry, I thought you were pitting 1080 ti against Fury X and couldn't understand why

It will be interesting to see how Maxwell has aged.  Plenty of people still love their GTX 970's to this day.

That what I want to see also. And I'd like to see if AMD has kept their promise to optimize games for Fury X' 4GB of HBM or if they lost interest. Mario has a GTX 980 Ti ... and it is still in the GTX 1070 class.

Besides, I am picking something that will hopefully be easy for me to do. I can't handle a long evaluation yet.
Maybe add a basic GTX 1070 to the mix for some modern relevance?
(07-11-2018, 05:07 AM)gstanford Wrote: Maybe add a basic GTX 1070 to the mix for some modern relevance?

I need to keep it simple for my own health's sake
Blush

My BP is hanging in near the danger zone again tonight (181/89) .. after being very very low (95/55) just a few days ago. I don't dare go to sleep until it drops
Cry
Have you ever had swings in your blood pressure like this before?
(07-11-2018, 02:50 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Have you ever had swings in your blood pressure like this before?

Sure. Ever since chemotoxity from Iodine and complications of Barium Sulphate on May 5th of this year when I had an anaphylactic shock from the CAT scan chemicals.

They damaged my electrolyte balance, especially Potassium-Sodium; plus my digestive got ruined at the same time. Double dose of crap/
Sick

I am heading out later today for another treatment.

But I updated the AMD partition (it took all night) and will install Fury X when I get home.
(07-11-2018, 02:57 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 02:50 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Have you ever had swings in your blood pressure like this before?

Sure.  Ever since chemotoxity from Iodine and complications of Barium Sulphate on May 5th of this year when I had an anaphylactic shock from the CAT scan chemicals.

They damaged my electrolyte balance, especially Potassium-Sodium; plus my digestive got ruined at the same time.  Double dose of crap/
Sick

I am heading out later today for another treatment.

But I updated the AMD partition (it took all night) and will install Fury X when I get home.

So this has never happened before previously? I wonder if you can sue them. You are suffering quite a bit.