• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *15*
What's happening, apoppin? Everything alright? You've been away for a few days now.
(07-06-2018, 09:57 PM)SickBeast Wrote: What's happening, apoppin?  Everything alright?  You've been away for a few days now.

I'm having low blood pressure now.

:s

No win. Although the extra salt is kinda nice ... sea salt ...
(07-06-2018, 10:48 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 09:57 PM)SickBeast Wrote: What's happening, apoppin?  Everything alright?  You've been away for a few days now.

I'm having low blood pressure now.  

:s

No win.  Although the extra salt is kinda nice ... sea salt ...
I've been fasting here. One meal a day basically aside from healthy snacks, coffee, water, and tea. Lots of exercise also. Today I was at the zoo and I took the kids for a bike ride.

There is a bag of chips sitting on the table right now tempting me. I wish I could send them your way. It would be win-win. :)
(07-06-2018, 11:14 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I've been fasting here.  One meal a day basically aside from healthy snacks, coffee, water, and tea.  Lots of exercise also.  Today I was at the zoo and I took the kids for a bike ride.

There is a bag of chips sitting on the table right now tempting me.  I wish I could send them your way.  It would be win-win. :)

Make sure you get plenty of liquid. It's hot across a lot of the Northern Hemisphere. And be careful with eating only one meal a day while dieting. Many experts wisely caution against it
Thinking

I had some multi-grain chips with almost 1/2 g of sea salt about an hour ago when I started to get a little dizzy.
--Seriously, it is low .. 93/56 was the last really low reading. It's not high anymore. At all. When it is stable it is settling in at 110/66 which is fine. But the drops are nearly as bad as the increases.

Taking a tsp of raw honey raises BP immediately .. I got it up to peak at 126/70 after the honey and salt, but I am stuck with the headache. It sucks to have to add dietary sodium and balance it with potassium to just remain half-way normal. Concentration comes and goes.
:doh:
(07-06-2018, 11:21 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 11:14 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I've been fasting here.  One meal a day basically aside from healthy snacks, coffee, water, and tea.  Lots of exercise also.  Today I was at the zoo and I took the kids for a bike ride.

There is a bag of chips sitting on the table right now tempting me.  I wish I could send them your way.  It would be win-win. :)

Make sure you get plenty of liquid.  It's hot across a lot of the Northern Hemisphere.  And be careful with eating only one meal a day while dieting.  Many experts wisely caution against it
Thinking

I had some multi-grain chips with almost 1/2 g of sea salt about an hour ago when I started to get a little dizzy.
--Seriously, it is low .. 93/56 was the last really low reading.  It's not high anymore.  At all.   When it is stable it is settling in at 110/66 which is fine.  But the drops are nearly as bad as the increases.

Taking a tsp of raw honey raises BP immediately .. I got it up to peak at 126/70 after the honey and salt, but I am stuck with the headache.  It sucks to have to add dietary sodium and balance it with potassium to just remain half-way normal.  Concentration comes and goes.
Man that's really tough. I hope things turn around for you soon.
Thank-you. The good thing is that BP isn't dangerously low like it was dangerously high. And there appear to be clear physical signs as it drops.

I need to keep monitoring my BP and hope my body restores my electrolyte balance. I have altered my diet again. But it may be awhile before I can concentrate long enough to get back to my full duties as a writer/reviewer/editor.
Cry
And now it is back up again. This ping-pong crap with my BP is exhausting.

I just emailed my friends in Hawaii. One of them is the premier Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner in the state - his knowledge of Chinese herbs is beyond anyone in the Western world and the equal of the very best in China. I may go this month if I can't fix it really soon .. it's been 9 weeks since the anaphylactic shock and my electrolytes are still out of balance.
Thinking

I am going to try VR again today if I can get my BP into the normal range where I can concentrate.

It was 106 F here yesterday - which is not extreme for the desert as Palm Springs was 118 F yesterday, and even Los Angeles was 106

[Image: PD4YHLRXIU2QVOIVJIIXLILPLY.jpg]

In some valley areas surrounding LA - Burbank and Van Nuys - temperatures reached 114 and 117 degrees, respectively—it was the hottest day in recorded history for each location.

Global warming is fake news?
It's beautiful here. We are setting up our pool. Unfortunately the new sand filter pump that I ordered in January is defective with a big crack in the plastic. Thankfully Amazon is coming through for us with a full refund and exchange. The new one will be here on Tuesday. Awesome customer service.

Hawaii sounds like a beautiful trip and that sounds like a great plan to me. I hope he is able to help you.
(07-07-2018, 05:52 PM)SickBeast Wrote: It's beautiful here. We are setting up our pool. Unfortunately the new sand filter pump that I ordered in January is defective with a big crack in the plastic. Thankfully Amazon is coming through for us with a full refund and exchange. The new one will be here on Tuesday. Awesome customer service.

Hawaii sounds like a beautiful trip and that sounds like a great plan to me. I hope he is able to help you.

Hawaii is awesome, and I am going to find out how much everything will cost me for the trip. I am guessing that 10-14 days is probably enough time there for treatment - he needs to see me and the results of his herbs over a few days. We could continue the herbs when I return.

I am tired of this being sick crap. My friend is the foremost TCM herbalist in Hawaii and probably in the Western world - and he helped me heal from a herniated neck disk that I was scheduled to be operated on. I have confidence in his abilities as many persons that I referred to him all had excellent results. His wife is a retired MD.
(07-07-2018, 06:46 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(07-07-2018, 05:52 PM)SickBeast Wrote: It's beautiful here. We are setting up our pool. Unfortunately the new sand filter pump that I ordered in January is defective with a big crack in the plastic. Thankfully Amazon is coming through for us with a full refund and exchange. The new one will be here on Tuesday. Awesome customer service.

Hawaii is awesome, and I am going to find out how much everything will cost me for the trip.  I am guessing that 10-14 days is probably enough time there for treatment - he needs to see me and the results of his herbs over a few days.  We could continue the herbs when I return.  

I am tired of this being sick crap.  My friend is the foremost TCM herbalist in Hawaii and probably in the Western world  - and he helped me heal from a herniated neck disk that I was scheduled to be operated on.  I have confidence in his abilities as many persons that I referred to him all had excellent results.  His wife is a retired MD.

I think you should go. You've been dealing with this for too long now and the longer you wait the more you're going to suffer. It's a shame you don't know of anyone similar locally.

Does Allegiant airlines fly to Hawaii? From what I can tell they are the cheapest airline in the USA.

*edit* I just looked and they don't. However flights to Hawaii look reasonable and they are all direct flights out of LAX.

Check out mumondo, they seem like a pretty good price search engine.