• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle banned me from the Hardforum!
I wish I would have saved the post. It would have been interesting to post it across a bunch of tech forums, and then see who sanctioned me for it and who didn't. It would be very telling. And I would definitely love to show something like that to the Reddit world.
(06-28-2018, 12:53 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I wish I would have saved the post.  It would have been interesting to post it across a bunch of tech forums, and then see who sanctioned me for it and who didn't.  It would be very telling.  And I would definitely love to show something like that to the Reddit world.

Which post? The one that stated you were banned? I always got into the habit of taking screen shots.

I guess I could always repost my old ABT posts that compared AMD, Intel, Kingston, and Nvidia's approach to social media - but update and rewrite them to show how AMD has infiltrated social media and compromised tech sites. But then I would be the one who would be vilified all over social media - and basically, most forum goers already know. I don't want to light another fire just to watch a firestorm.

It's happened already and the basic information is archived here when you posted that C&P from ABT where it appears to be lost forever. Anyone can research it if they want.
Thinking
https://hardforum.com/threads/nvidia-loo...1043702195

Quote:Kyle_Bennett said:
Got an email from a source today.... "You also inspired them to create this fine piece of content (NDA) so that disobedience does not take momentum."

Yep .. from AMD PR ... not what he is implying
:D

What a joke he has become - One man against a world of sell-out journalists who are muzzled by the evil big bad Nvidia
... how about full disclosure, Kyle?
:doh:
AMD PR is evidently neglecting ATF VC&G in favor of HardForum. Except for the rare hardcore Red Team moron who visits Kyle's site also and is insisting that there is something nefarious with Nvidia's NDA, the leftover AMD fans at VC&G realize that it is overblown BS

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/hei...t-39477742

Quote:So nothing evil and conspiratorial going on? Well that sucks. How boring.

The guys that were directly inspired by AMD's PR have left the VC&G building and they are now concentrated under their current leader just like they did with Charlie.

AMD PR is so stupid and so ridiculously predictable, it is unbelievable they still have jobs at AMD

Angel
The thing is, if they have such a big problem with me, which both forums clearly do, why don't they just ban me? Or do people really get vacations for off topic posts? Do you consider talking about AMD in an nVidia thread to be off topic? Isn't it relevant to refer to the competitor?
(06-28-2018, 04:42 PM)SickBeast Wrote: The thing is, if they have such a big problem with me, which both forums clearly do, why don't they just ban me?  Or do people really get vacations for off topic posts?  Do you consider talking about AMD in an nVidia thread to be off topic?  Isn't it relevant to refer to the competitor?

They want to give you the semblance of freedom. You are welcome as long as you don't make waves. VC&G *is* the place to discuss both AMD and Nvidia - there are separate forums for Nvidia and separate forums for AMD where each other is not to be mentioned. But you got called out for something else:

Quote:Inflammatory posting and off-topic are not allowed.
This has nothing to do with AMD.

Markfw has never been a good moderator although he tries. What happened was that you got your post reported by the shills and fans who are still there. It's pretty dead there and there is no one who posts there regularly whose post I care to read. I get everything I need from reddit.

I just got home from more medical tests - now my sodium is low (potassium is fine). Gotta go back and test again on Monday ...Tuesday ... Thursday ... and Friday :P
- how the heck can I get anything done?
Cry
If the truth is inflammatory too bad for them.
(06-28-2018, 11:20 PM)SickBeast Wrote: If the truth is inflammatory too bad for them.

Truth burns their eyes like fire and sunlight do to trolls. It's like physical pain because they love the lie
Dodgy
Well I think they gave me even more time off for sharing my displeasure with the mods about my vacation. If I argued with Kyle he would just perma-ban me. I will enjoy the break from both forums. Angel
(06-28-2018, 11:54 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Well I think they gave me even more time off for sharing my displeasure with the mods about my vacation.  If I argued with Kyle he would just perma-ban me.  I will enjoy the break from both forums.  Angel

That is their usual MO. I never got banned there ... although they asked me to stop posting in P&N*
:D

And as you know, I was the first video mod then Keys, and for 6 months I moderated VC&G giving only *one* short vacation. I moderated by PM. It was much easier to reason with them in private than try and be witty or severe in the topic for all to see.

Of course, for 6 months I didn't post in a single controversial thread in Video (I got all my aggression out at P&N ... for awhile*)