• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung Electronics to slash OLED prod. due to lower iPhone X demand
(03-02-2018, 06:18 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 01:07 AM)SickBeast Wrote: As it turns out that leak is actually in fact the G7.  I'm not sure I like it.  I don't like the notch and I don't like the bottom bezel.  If they were going to copy the iPhone X they could at least get it right.  The iPhone X does not have a bottom bezel.

More details on the LG flagship
https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/01/lg-sh...rs-at-mwc/
I hate to say this, but I called it. That article echoes what I just said exactly.

What I don't understand is this. LG completely nailed it with the G6 in terms of design. IMO it's the nicest phone on the market from an industrial design standpoint. Now LG has copied Apple but they botched it. This is very bad news for LG as their mobile division has been losing money for years now. Unfortunately I foresee changes at LG, and not in a good way, either. It's almost as though there are competing interests within the company. The G7 does not look like a cohesive design put together by a team working in unison, to me. Instead it looks like a hodge podge of ideas that just doesn't work.

I would love to be completely wrong here. However just looking at that prototype I like the look of my G6 better. Sure the G7 will have a faster CPU and better cameras, but what's the point? There have already been tests done that show there is no real world performance difference between the Snapdragon 821 and the 835. Yes, the 845 has better single threaded performance which is the most important, but it's not a drastic difference.

So this year the G7 may not be my upgrade. I will see what is available on Black Friday and go from there. I will say it's going to have to be a damn nice phone to make me upgrade from the G6. So far only the Pixel 2 XL has caught my eye, and it only has the single camera. I'm not sure more CPU speed is a good tradeoff to lose the wide angle lens. I really like it.
You are not in a bad position being stuck with a phone you really like.
:doh:

It's almost like having GTX 1080 Ti SLI and complaining that the next generation isn't here yet ...

... :wait:

Thinking

Angel
Eh I'm not complaining. :)

However I just might sell some of my Pascal cards this weekend. I'm thinking about it. It's a tough decision.

Actually now I'm in a position to have three computers going. Angel
(03-02-2018, 11:43 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Eh I'm not complaining. :)

However I just might sell some of my Pascal cards this weekend.  I'm thinking about it.  It's a tough decision.

Actually now I'm in a position to have three computers going.  Angel

I never built Skylake. It's what I was going to do this past week (assuming I felt better)
Blush

But to compensate somewhat, I got another notebook ... suitable for travel .. it's coming from the East Coast by UPS Ground (free shipping) and when it arrives, I'll have 3 working PCs (hopefully)
:nerd: