• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FFXV Official Benchmark
Playable demo Chapter 1 out on Monday
http://steamcommunity.com/games/637650/a...4726728365
Quote:Next Monday, on 26th February, a free playable demo for Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will be available to download! It will be available on the FFXV Windows Edition Steam page and will contain the entirety of Chapter 1. Not only will you be able to fully explore the tutorial and enjoy the opening main quests but you will also be able to test your PC to see how well FFXV Windows Edition will run on it and how high you will be able to push the graphics options.

[Image: 107b4057db926c0bcba329b90d446656c784f42d.jpg]
Very cool, I will have to check it out. Thanks.
Sorry for hijacking your thread ... as usual ... I'll reply here.

I had to stop writing but I played through the tutorial to get a handle on the complexity of fighting (instead of button mashing which also appears to work). It plays in the 80s FPS with a GTX 1070 Ti at 1920x1080 and it looks good.

I played through a couple of the early quests and it reminds me of Metal Gear Solid on Drugs and plays like a fantasy Gears of War
:-/

I'll take a nap and see if I can play on later. I am looking forward to a chiropractic adjustment.

(02-26-2018, 10:47 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 10:15 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 09:49 PM)SickBeast Wrote: So my 8700K shipped out today.  With luck I will have it by Friday.  :)

At least you will be able to play the FF XV demo until then.  I got through the tutorial and my neck ache is getting bad. I had to stop writing awhile ago.  I'll try a nap.

I skipped the tutorial and played the first part of the game.  It's pretty good.  Nice graphics.  My overclocked GTX 1080 Ti can only run the game at around 50fps.  I did have it crash once but I think it was because I tried to enable the nVidia shadows.  Too bad, it looked better with them turned on and there wasn't much of a performance hit.  I dialed back my overclock as well just in case.

Anyhow I think you will enjoy this game.  I personally like the Witcher 3 better but this game is pretty good, and I'm sure it could get better, this is only the first mission.

I will say that I have never seen character graphics like this.  Incredible detail.  The textures are superb.  It does not look HDR enabled though as far as I can tell.  I'm not a fan of the lighting, I have seen better.  Same with the world design.  It's good but not outstanding.

Anyhow this looks like it will be a good game for RPG fans.

I'm sorry to hear that your neck is still bothering you so much.  :doh:
No worries. I kind of hijacked my own thread actually. :D

I'm really hopeful the chiropractor can help you out.

It doesn't sound like you like FFXV very much so far. I have to play it some more to reach a conclusion on it. So far "pretty good" is where I'm at with it. It certainly didn't blow me away.

I wonder if anyone else on here will try the game.
(02-26-2018, 11:21 PM)SickBeast Wrote: No worries.  I kind of hijacked my own thread actually.  :D

I'm really hopeful the chiropractor can help you out.

It doesn't sound like you like FFXV very much so far.  I have to play it some more to reach a conclusion on it.  So far "pretty good" is where I'm at with it.  It certainly didn't blow me away.

I wonder if anyone else on here will try the game.

I have to play it more to give an opinion. And I probably have to feel better. I actually developed my neck ache during KC: Deliverance
Blush

Mario will play it and I think we both will review the final game. The chiropractor has helped me in similar situations. He is quite experienced at his art.
SLI is not officially supported but here's a hack:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...9/#5285369

The only recent SLI that I have is GTX 980 Ti SLI. So I won't try it. But I will switch to a GTX 1080 Ti or a Titan Xp to play it at 4K.
There is a lot to like about this game. It has all the elements you expect in a RPG. And the 3 supporting NPCs are at least as good as GoW 4's - the only difference is this is open world and the world is huge. I just ventured down a mine and ran into a Level 52 opponent. I reloaded the save.

Blush
(03-07-2018, 03:50 AM)apoppin Wrote: There is a lot to like about this game.  It has all the elements you expect in a RPG.  And the 3 supporting NPCs are at least as good as GoW 4's - the only difference is this is open world and the world is huge.  I just ventured down a mine and ran into a Level 52 opponent.  I reloaded the save.

Blush

I have about 6 or 7 hours into the game and I am again finishing Chapter 1. I lost about 20 minutes due to a crash to desktop.

A Titan Xp is definitely not enough for 4K maxed and with Nvidia's game works.
Cry

You really want 60 FPS as a minimum.
Thinking
Hopefully either Volta can run it or else they will support sli. It sounds like you like the game more than you first thought.

Are you feeling any better today?
(03-07-2018, 02:06 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Hopefully either Volta can run it or else they will support sli. It sounds like you like the game more than you first thought.

Are you feeling any better today?

Actually, it runs perfectly fine 60FPS/4K maxed out with a Titan Xp (and probably the 1080 Ti also) - but without the GameWorks effects. And it has much more depth than I expected
Thinking

Yes. Thank-you. I put about 7 + hours into it yesterday. But I need to play further (I am in Chapter 2, I think). I am going to post some screenshots later which can be potentially used to compare IQ. And I have only a preliminary benchmark, so far.

I'll start benching tonight.