• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mario Kart Is Coming To Mobile
https://www.neowin.net/news/nintendo-rev...martphones
Quote:The game itself will be called Mario Kart Tour but beyond that, there isn't really much information. Nintendo has stated that it will bring the game to smartphones sometime before March 2019. While that is certainly a wide release range, hopefully, we will see a simultaneous release for both iOS and Android, instead of the staggered release we saw with Super Mario Run.
(02-01-2018, 04:33 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote: https://www.neowin.net/news/nintendo-rev...martphones
Quote:The game itself will be called Mario Kart Tour but beyond that, there isn't really much information. Nintendo has stated that it will bring the game to smartphones sometime before March 2019. While that is certainly a wide release range, hopefully, we will see a simultaneous release for both iOS and Android, instead of the staggered release we saw with Super Mario Run.

I want to play this in VR!!!!!

But I'd have to travel to a VR arcade in Taiwan, I think.

Nintendo is missing out on an emerging market. Their games would be awesome if adapted right for VR.
:doh:
The big problem will be the controls. Interesting news though.
(02-02-2018, 12:53 AM)SickBeast Wrote: The big problem will be the controls. Interesting news though.

Why? There are already driving simulators in arcades ... the controls would be easy to adapt.
(02-02-2018, 01:55 AM)apoppin Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 12:53 AM)SickBeast Wrote: The big problem will be the controls.  Interesting news though.

Why?  There are already driving simulators in arcades ... the controls would be easy to adapt.

I'm talking about the mobile version on a phone. Tilt controls aren't great.
I am talking about 3D. Who cares about Mario on smartphones? Controls would suck.

:D
(02-02-2018, 02:17 AM)apoppin Wrote: I am talking about 3D.  Who cares about Mario on smartphones?  Controls would suck.

:D

Don't hold your breath for Nintendo and VR. The Switch didn't come out that long ago. They will probably ride it out for a few more years at the very least. And I can't see the Switch running any type of meaningful VR games. Plus Nintendo might still feel the burn from their Virtual Boy failure back in the day.
I forgot about the Virtual Boy flop. But 3DS didn't do so bad
:yes:

Unfortunately their HW is much too weak. But they are working with Nvidia, so I have hope.

I might be good for another 20 years. I am hoping to ride in Mario Kart before I go

:wait: