• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump
(11-27-2018, 04:57 AM)apoppin Wrote: I didn't say it's impossible - I just said that I don't see a way.
Many would have thought Donald Trump's election as POTUS was impossible. Didn't he start out as an independent?
(11-27-2018, 12:44 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 04:57 AM)apoppin Wrote: I didn't say it's impossible - I just said that I don't see a way.
Many would have thought Donald Trump's election as POTUS was impossible.  Didn't he start out as an independent?

Originally. He failed even as a billionaire. That is why he allied with the Republican party this time. Big money is necessary to back a candidate for PotUS. Advertising, getting on the ballot in all 50 states, etc.
I think the USA is ripe for this type of movement to take over the Democratic party. There is a huge opening for them in the next election. The Republicans will be weak and vulnerable under Trump.
The Democrats may overreach in their investigations of Trump - and *everything* that goes wrong in America, Trump will blame on them.

There is SO much diversity in the Democratic party, it may work against them.
Part of me feels like with Trump, what are they so afraid of? Same thing with the Russians. I kind of feel like there is a lot we don't know about in this world in terms of what goes on and in terms of global power struggles. Russia and China both played a key role in stopping the Germans in WW2. Really the free world we enjoy today exists largely because of them. Yet both are largely vilified in the west. I really feel that the truth must lie somewhere in the middle. And I do feel that a lot of the "info" we are fed in the west is propaganda. The most recent example of this type of struggle was the big thing about Super Micro and the implanted hacking chips. What ever came of that? That was a classic example of propaganda and bravado on both sides, from what I could tell. What is the truth? We may never know.
Eventually. But I doubt I will be alive when it's revealed.

A big part of the overall problem is that there are just too many damn demagogues like Trump and Putin. There are few moderates to balance them.
I don't think we'll ever find out. I don't think the powers that be want us to.
Trump is saying he may cut GM subsidies which may or may not in fact exist:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/27/business/...index.html

I hope Tesla takes over the factory in Oshawa. I don't know if that's possible. We will probably boycott GM over this here in Canada. They don't even make good cars IMO.
Trump is just stupid. He blusters and threatens but he has no teeth nor any way to follow through.
GM's stock is down significantly since his tweets. I wouldn't put anything past him.