• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump
We have a demented clown in the White House. Now the Liar-in-Chief is going to war with the States who support the legalization of marijuana even though he promised to respect states' rights specifically in his pre-election lies to the nation. Trump lied to everyone.
:no:

Lock the lying crook up and throw the key away! It's good to see Bannon's book come out. When thieves fall out it's pretty spectacular to see them attack each other and very entertaining. The stress must be incredible on a demented old man who is way out of his depth.

Are there really any Trump supporters left?
For Trump to try to shut the book down via lawyers, it's pretty telling IMO.
(01-05-2018, 05:19 AM)SickBeast Wrote: For Trump to try to shut the book down via lawyers, it's pretty telling IMO.

Trump is a liar and a crook. That is already beyond dispute - we just need more proof from the Muller investigation, and to dig a little deeper into his business and personal taxes. I can only hope the Republican congress acts to impeach him before it is too late. He is unfit to be a dogcatcher, nevermind president. He is ruining America's place in the world as leader and making us a laughingstock among our allies. He has no clue how to run a country and he takes no advice. No one likes working for him and he is clearly deteriorating mentally. And he is beyond dangerous having access to America's nuclear weapons - far more dangerous than the other nut, his counterpart in N. Korea who at least is on China's short leash.

Are there really any Trump supporters left? Other than in the Kremlin? We elected white trash to be president and he has proven unfit for his high office over one year. Let's fix our mistake and fire him. America will be great again after Trump is gone.
:doh:
(01-05-2018, 05:49 AM)gstanford Wrote: Too late now.  Trump probably has a taste for the power now and likes it (even if he is hopeless at it).

I'm just waiting for him to amend the constitution to allow unlimited presidential terms, make voting (and vote counting) totally optional and declare himself dictator of the USA.

Trump is an old man under severe pressure, eats garbage fast food, and he clearly has dementia. He won't last long unless he finds a way to clone himself.

Most importantly, I don't think he has any more support. I think it won't be long before Republican congressmen or women call for his impeachment. He is clearly cracking under the strain of his office. The term "unfit for office" should be coming to their minds as they think of their own elections this year and what political suicide it will be to be associated with an insane president.

Does he have any base left? I know there are a few million Americans completely out of touch with reality that believe everything wrong is a liberal conspiracy, and they tend to like the Klan and other hate organizations .. but who else really supports Trump or believes that he is acting for them and for America?
(01-05-2018, 05:49 AM)gstanford Wrote: Too late now.  Trump probably has a taste for the power now and likes it (even if he is hopeless at it).

I'm just waiting for him to amend the constitution to allow unlimited presidential terms, make voting (and vote counting) totally optional and declare himself dictator of the USA.
He'd need awfully good luck to do that. It's not easy to amend the Constitution: you need 2/3rds of the House and Senate to vote for the amendments, then 2/3rds of the states have to ratify them.

(01-05-2018, 06:07 AM)apoppin Wrote: Trump is an old man under severe pressure, eats garbage fast food, and he clearly has dementia.  He won't last long unless he finds a way to clone himself.
Citation, please.

Quote:Most importantly, I don't think he has any more support.  I think it won't be long before Republican congressmen or women call for his impeachment.  He is clearly cracking under the strain of his office.  The term "unfit for office" should be coming to their minds as they think of their own elections this year and what political suicide it will be to be associated with an insane president.
Citation, please.

Quote:Does he have any base left?  I know there are a few million Americans completely out of touch with reality that believe everything wrong is a liberal conspiracy, and they tend to like the Klan and other hate organizations .. but who else really supports Trump or believes that he is acting for them and for America?
Even considering what approval ratings he has, there's got to be an awful lot more support for Trump than those who like "hate organizations".
(01-05-2018, 02:36 PM)gstanford Wrote: Weren't presidential terms fixed when Roosevelt died in office in the midst of his 4th term?

Knowing Trump and his cronies, he'd have the fixed terms declared illegal and unconstitutional and find himself someone like Ajit Pai to try and roll the changes back.  If he gets another conservative republican on SCOTUS he'd have a reasonable shot at trying to get the term changes declared unconstitutional....

Yes. 2 Terms. Maximum

I don't have to give any citations for my opinion about the moron in charge of the white house. And I am genuinely curious as to who is right now actually supporting him. Steve Bannon just said he is a "great man" between attacks ... who else supports Trump? .. what is his base now? Today, a year later. We know who his base was ... we know the approval ratings are a joke but Trump was hanging around 30% in December and then there was an uptick when the tax law passed.

If the stock market is a real indication of economic health an growth, I'd like to remind you of what happened back in 2008

Angel

It's also well known that Trump prefers fast food garbage. He is paranoid that he will be poisoned
https://www.eater.com/2017/12/4/16733356...ewandowski
Quote: Lewandowski writes, according to an advanced copy of the book previewed by The Washington Post. As for what those meals looked like, well, “on Trump Force One there were four major food groups: McDonald’s, Kentucky Fried Chicken, pizza, and Diet Coke.”

Then-candidate Trump — who was allegedly “the healthiest individual” to ever run for office — loved the golden arches. A single McDonald’s meal for the man who was once best known for his combover consisted of “two Big Macs, two Filet-O-Fish, and a chocolate malted,” according to Lewandowski. That’s roughly a 2,400-calorie meal with 3,400 milligrams of sodium — exceeding twice the average daily recommendation of salt, according to The Atlantic.

Trump was also apparently demanding of the in-flight snack selection. The plane was regularly stocked with “Vienna Fingers, potato chips, pretzels, and many packages of Oreos because Trump, a renowned germaphobe, would not eat from a previously opened package,” the Post reports.

The candidate also, according to Lewandowski, didn’t have much patience for other staffers’ meals. Apparently Trump once left his then-campaign advisor Sam Nunberg at a McDonald’s because Nunberg’s order was taking too long to prepare.

Since entering the Oval Office, President Trump’s diet hasn’t changed much. A former body guard to the Commander in Chief recently described how POTUS requested that White House chefs recreate a Quarter Pounder for him. During his recent trip to Asia, the president also stuck closely to his burger and desiccated beef diet while dining out with Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe.
Trump is what he eats. Everyone is. His diet contributes to clogging of the arteries and dementia. It's pretty clear that he is becoming less coherent and unable to focus. Compare Trump's early speeches of his campaign with the jumbled and half-disconnected mess that usually comes out of his mouth now.

As to the Republicans who support the President that have elections coming up in 11 months, it might be wise strategy to distance themselves from him now ... or they will be committing political suicide except in places where Trump still has waning support.
Thinking
(01-05-2018, 04:44 PM)gstanford Wrote: The "paranoid about being poisoned bit" is hilarious when he is busily poisoning himself with fast food.

We have another Howard Hughes kind of nut as President. Germophobe and paranoid .. but maybe enjoys golden showers if some reports are to be believed ...
http://www.newsweek.com/top-20-revelatio...non-769899
... He's schizophrenic too judging by his actions.

Make America Great by electing a demented clown?

Dodgy

Excerpts from today's best seller
Quote:1. Steve Bannon, Trump’s former chief strategist, described a meeting set up by Donald Trump Jr. with a Kremlin-linked Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign as “treasonous” and “unpatriotic.” “They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV,” Bannon is quoted as saying.

2. Bannon reportedly said the president likely met with the meeting’s participants afterward, speculating that Trump’s son brought them up to his father’s office. “The chance that Don Jr. did not walk these jumos up to his father’s office on the twenty-sixth floor is zero,” Bannon said.

3. Trump didn’t want to win, and no one in his campaign thought he would win. “Well, it would only be a problem if we won,” ­former national security adviser Michael Flynn assured his friends about his decision to accept $45,000 for a speech in Russia.

4. Trump’s daughter Ivanka described Trump’s hair as a perfectly engineered hairdo that takes many steps to complete. “She often described the mechanics behind it to friends: an absolutely clean pate—a contained island after scalp-reduction surgery—surrounded by a furry circle of hair around the sides and front, from which all ends are drawn up to meet in the center and then swept back and secured by a stiffening spray,” the book says.

5. Trump wondered what a golden shower was after hearing reports of the intelligence dossier that alleges that Russian security forces have compromising details about the president. “Having dispensed with [CNN chief Jeff] Zucker, the president of the United States went on to speculate on what was involved with a golden shower,” Wolff writes.

6. Trump would speculate on the flaws of his staff after hanging up the phone with them. "Bannon was disloyal (not to mention he always looks like shit). [Reince] Priebus was weak (not to mention he was short—a midget)," Wolff recalls about Trump's reflections. "[Jared] Kushner was a suck-up. Sean Spicer was stupid (and looks terrible too). Conway was a crybaby. Jared and Ivanka should never have come to Washington."

7. Ivanka and husband Jared Kushner agreed that if one of them were to run for president in the future, it would be her. “They didn’t say that?” said Bannon upon learning about the deal. “Stop. Oh, come on. They didn’t actually say that? Please don’t tell me that. Oh my God.”

8. Trump eats at McDonald’s so often out of paranoia and because he is a germaphobe. "Long afraid of being poisoned, he would say that one reason why he liked to eat at McDonald's was because nobody knew he was coming and the food was safely prepared," the book says.

9. Trump asked Hope Hicks, the White House communications director who had dated former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, why she was worried about Lewandowski's bad press after he got fired. "You've already done enough for him,” Trump apparently said. “You're the best piece of tail he'll ever have."

10. Hicks and Trump had a very close relationship, and Trump's inner circle saw her as something of a daughter to the president. "[Hope] Hicks was in fact thought of as Trump’s real daughter, while Ivanka was thought of as his real wife,” the book states.

11. As a candidate, Trump had no interest in learning about the Constitution, which he knew very little about. “I got as far as the Fourth Amendment, before his finger is pulling down on his lip and his eyes are rolling back in his head,” said Sam Nunberg, a former adviser to the Trump campaign.

12. Trump used derogatory language to express his anger toward Sally Yates. “Trump conceived an early, obsessive antipathy for Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates,” the book reads. “She was, he steamed, ‘such a c---.’”

13. Trump didn't enjoy his own inauguration. "He was angry that A-level stars had snubbed the event, disgruntled with the accommodations at Blair House, and visibly fighting with his wife, who seemed on the verge of tears," the book claims.

14. Trump reassured Melania that he would not win the election. On election night, when it became clear that he would win, "Melania was in tears—and not of joy."

15. The travel ban was passed on a Friday so that people would protest at airports. Asked why the timing was on a weekend, Bannon said, “So the snowflakes would show up at the airports and riot.”

16. Trump never reads. “He didn’t process information in any conventional sense. He didn’t read. He didn’t really even skim. Some believed that for all practical purposes he was no more than semiliterate,” the book says.

17. Trump would mention getting in bed with other women. “Trump liked to say that one of the things that made life worth living was getting your friends’ wives into bed,” the book claims.

18. Trump offered to marry TV hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski. “You guys should just get married,” Trump told them. “I can marry you! I’m an internet Unitarian minister,” Kushner said. “What?” said the president. “What are you talking about? Why would they want you to marry them when I could marry them? When they could be married by the president! At Mar-a-Lago!”

19. The president's lifestyle followed many unusual routines. "If he was not having his 6:30 dinner with Steve Bannon, then, more to his liking, he was in bed by that time with a cheeseburger, watching his three screens and making phone calls," the book says.

20. Trump would share private details about himself, then get upset when information was leaked. "As details of Trump’s personal life leaked out, he became obsessed with identifying the leaker. The source of all the gossip, however, may well have been Trump himself," Wolff writes. "In his calls throughout the day and at night from his bed, he often spoke to people who had no reason to keep his confidences."
Now Clinton is under investigation also:

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/05/politics/c...index.html

Politics in the USA are broken.
(01-05-2018, 04:51 PM)gstanford Wrote: I don't want to know anything about his showering habits (or his feline handling techniques for that matter)! Sick

It's not showering habits.

Don't look it up or you will never be able to unsee it
:doh:

Quote:Now Clinton is under investigation also:

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/05/politics/c...index.html

Politics in the USA are broken.

Not completely. The President is broken and needs to be replaced. That's what Pence is for.

T
Yes, we should totally trust a disgruntled Bannon. As well as other disgruntled former employees. [/sarcasm]