• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump
Trump has fired Jeff Sessions:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/politics/...index.html

Is this the beginning of the end?
End of what
Huh
The Trump presidency.
No. The Trump presidency is likely to end in 2020 with the election of a new president. He does even have a chance to be reelected - if he tones his rhetoric down and decides to work with the majority party in the House of Representatives.
Wasn't firing Jeff Sessions some kind of red flag whereby Trump is essentially kiboshing the whole Russia investigation, which would lead to his eventual impeachment? That is the impression I have been under. Firing Jeff Sessions essentially means Robert Mueller is on borrowed time right now. Plus the Republican people tried to smear him recently with a potentially false allegation. This doesn't look good IMO. I don't think Trump realizes that people can see right through his foolishness. Either that or he doesn't even care.
This is a wait and see situation. I don't know what to say at this time.

It was expected by those who watch politics that Sessions would be fired after the mid-terms.

And now Trump will be investigated more closely because of the majority in the House. He can't stop it.
We don't have any of these shenanigans here in Canada. Not that I have heard of, anyway. When Rob Ford was the mayor of Toronto it was kind of nuts but he was a drug addict and he always had a good heart and worked extremely hard for his constituents, whether you loved him or hated him. But that doesn't compare to Trump. I certainly can't think of a scandal like this involving any of our PMs. I mean, the worst we have had with Trudeau was people complaining about the way he dressed on his trip to India. Or people call him "selfie boy". In his own way he is a weak leader. But he is a genuinely nice person and I am confident that he will do his best to do the right thing, always. We have a federal election coming up. I don't know who I am going to vote for yet. Probably Liberal. I find Trudeau so likable as a person that I can oversee some of his shortcomings as a leader.
(11-08-2018, 02:22 AM)SickBeast Wrote: We don't have any of these shenanigans here in Canada.  Not that I have heard of, anyway.  When Rob Ford was the mayor of Toronto it was kind of nuts but he was a drug addict and he always had a good heart and worked extremely hard for his constituents, whether you loved him or hated him.  But that doesn't compare to Trump.  I certainly can't think of a scandal like this involving any of our PMs.  I mean, the worst we have had with Trudeau was people complaining about the way he dressed on his trip to India.  Or people call him "selfie boy".  In his own way he is a weak leader.  But he is a genuinely nice person and I am confident that he will do his best to do the right thing, always.  We have a federal election coming up.  I don't know who I am going to vote for yet.  Probably Liberal.  I find Trudeau so likable as a person that I can oversee some of his shortcomings as a leader.

Count yourself lucky. You may get a leader like Trump if you are not careful to safeguard your freedoms. It is happening all over the world.
(11-08-2018, 02:34 AM)apoppin Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 02:22 AM)SickBeast Wrote: We don't have any of these shenanigans here in Canada.  Not that I have heard of, anyway.  When Rob Ford was the mayor of Toronto it was kind of nuts but he was a drug addict and he always had a good heart and worked extremely hard for his constituents, whether you loved him or hated him.  But that doesn't compare to Trump.  I certainly can't think of a scandal like this involving any of our PMs.  I mean, the worst we have had with Trudeau was people complaining about the way he dressed on his trip to India.  Or people call him "selfie boy".  In his own way he is a weak leader.  But he is a genuinely nice person and I am confident that he will do his best to do the right thing, always.  We have a federal election coming up.  I don't know who I am going to vote for yet.  Probably Liberal.  I find Trudeau so likable as a person that I can oversee some of his shortcomings as a leader.

Count yourself lucky.  You may get a leader like Trump if you are not careful to safeguard your freedoms.  It is happening all over the world.

The queen would stomp all over a clown like Trump.

I do agree, however. We need to be vigilant as a people. I *always* vote and I follow things closely running up to an election. I tend to find the Conservatives untrustworthy and difficult to relate to, but every so often they run a good candidate that intrigues me. Steven Harper was a Conservative I can live with and he did a very decent job overall. He's nothing like Trudeau. Harper was logical and methodical. Trudeau seems like he leads with his heart whereas Harper led with his head.

The best PM of my generation was Jean Chretien. I thought Paul Martin would be our best PM of all time, but sadly he was never given a fair opportunity. Those were the days of budget surpluses and economic prosperity here in Canada.
Well, our "queen" is the House/Senate and they were snookered by Trump