• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump
(12-04-2017, 02:56 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Indoctrination will do that to people.  I was talking about this with my wife recently.  Seeing how kids so readily and fully believe in Santa Claus shows you just how easily manipulated kids are.  I do not agree at all with the religious indoctrination that a lot of people subject their children to, and I have a feeling it leads to the societal problems and in-bred beliefs that we see in places like the southern US.  There are far worse examples of this elsewhere in the world, unfortunately.

Yes, the South has a lot in common with other backwards areas of this world. Education is the key, yet these morons teach the bible as being better than science. And they have their own history which is beyond fake. They lost the war over 150 years ago yet are somehow "proud" of their roots as being abusive slave owners and religious bigots.
Dodgy
(12-07-2017, 03:25 AM)gstanford Wrote: Well it appears wildfires in California have burnt out one of Rupert Murdoch's properties.  Such delightful schadenfreude for a notorious climate change denier and political trouble maker!  (my apologies to other property owners nearby who were also affected).
Trump has insurance and so does Murdoch. The problem is that there are record winds (gale force expected again in the overnight hours), 120,000 acres are burning from LA to Ventura, the water dropping aircraft can't fly in the wind, it is record dry conditions, and there hasn't been any rain since Spring.

If the winds come up tonight and fan the 120,000 acres that are already burning it could be an absolute catastrophe for hundreds of thousands of Southern California residents.
Cry

Trump is completely insane. His supporters are stupid. What a world we live in where Trump pays lip service to peace in the Middle East, yet he sets it on fire with his crackpot and evil plans to move the US Embassy to Jerusalem.
:no:
(12-07-2017, 03:41 AM)gstanford Wrote: Don't get me wrong, the fires are a bad thing.

Still think Murdoch richly deserved it though.  He can think of it as a preview of the fires of hell that await him when he croaks for all the trouble he has caused while alive.
I thought you didn't believe in hell-fire

Angel
Wow, best wishes with the fires, apoppin. That is very unsettling. I have seen videos of people driving to escape wildfires and it's terrifying. We had that big fire in Alberta last year, it was just tragic. It knocked out almost all of our oil production also.

Are you relatively safe where you are? Have fires ever come there?
(12-07-2017, 04:01 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Wow, best wishes with the fires, apoppin.  That is very unsettling.  I have seen videos of people driving to escape wildfires and it's terrifying.  We had that big fire in Alberta last year, it was just tragic.  It knocked out almost all of our oil production also.

Are you relatively safe where you are?  Have fires ever come there?

No one is safe. Anywhere. Anytime. Period.

Other than that, I am relatively safe. We had a fire ten years ago that took all of the brush out very close to my property - in fact the fire crews cut a firebreak through my property when I refused to evacuate. My house was up the road from the news crews that were covering the "Paradise Fire". So there isn't that much left to burn except from one direction as things grow very slowly here.

My house in a great location with my property cleared for hundreds of feet. My trees are very well-watered and if a fire came it would burn up the desert scrub brush very quickly. I probably wouldn't evacuate as it would be easy to stay and fight any fires that start on the house with a garden hose. If it got too intense, you go inside and wait for the house to catch fire. By the time you get outside,. everything around will have burned that can burn

I'm in the desert. We don't have the underbrush and trees that LA does.
:tumbleweed:
Well that's good. I just had a look at CNN and the fires all look in and around LA.

I'm off to bed here. Big day tomorrow! Have a great night!
(12-07-2017, 04:29 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Well that's good.  I just had a look at CNN and the fires all look in and around LA.

I'm off to bed here.  Big day tomorrow!  Have a great night!

Good night! Big day tomorrow here also. It's the day I get back to tech reviews after a long needed break to take care of chores that had been piling up here .. for years.
More good news. Alabama actually elected a Democrat!! This is good news for America. The Senate Republican majority shrinks to 1.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/13/us/tr...abama.html

This President is stupid and even some of his supporters can finally see that America has elected an abusive turkey with the Kremlin's support. There is some hope for impeachment proceedings in 2018 if the Democrats win both houses.
Trump just tweeted that he has a "bigger" nuclear button on his desk compared to Kim Jong Un.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/02/politics/d...index.html

Quote:"North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the 'Nuclear Button is on his desk at all times.' Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!" Trump tweeted.

I'm not sure that this type of "diplomacy" is the right move.

:fffuuu:
(01-03-2018, 02:49 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Trump just tweeted that he has a "bigger" nuclear button on his desk compared to Kim Jong Un.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/02/politics/d...index.html

Quote:"North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the 'Nuclear Button is on his desk at all times.' Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!" Trump tweeted.

I'm not sure that this type of "diplomacy" is the right move.

:fffuuu:
I think the majority of Americans are beginning to realize that Trump isn't sane.

He is paranoid about his own Justice Department being part of a "Shadow Government" that is secretly working against him.

Sick

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_state...ited_State

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-tweet-just...din-768605
Quote:Earlier on Tuesday, Trump had tweeted, “Crooked Hillary Clinton’s top aid, Huma Abedin, has been accused of disregarding basic security protocols. She put Classified Passwords into the hands of foreign agents. Remember sailors pictures on submarine? Jail! Deep State Justice Dept must finally act? Also on Comey & others.”

The president was referring to the December 29 release by the Department of State of emails that were stored on Abedin’s computer.

The “deep state” is part of a theory claiming that a shadow government is trying to control the United States from within. The tweet was criticized by public figures including former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates, who tweeted that such claims are “beyond abnormal; dangerous.”

But speaking about the tweet during the White House daily press briefing on Tuesday, Sanders said, “The president finds some of those actions very disturbing, and he thinks that we need to make sure if there is an issue that it’s looked at. But if there was anything beyond that, I would refer you to the Department of Justice that would look into it.”

When a reporter then asked whether Trump believes all Justice Department employees are part of the “deep state,” Sanders responded, “Obviously, he doesn’t believe the entire Justice Department is part of that.”

:no: