• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Console Gaming Thread
(06-30-2017, 08:29 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 08:16 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I agree, we have a good thing going here.  Hopefully the contests will draw in some more new members.  Last time we had a few signups but they disappeared, unfortunately.
A big part of the reason is that the emphasis at BTR has temporarily shifted to VR - for the past 7 months, there have been few PC related reviews as before.

If things work out as I hope, we will get VR enthusiasts here - and as Vega is released and we return to more PC-related reviews - we will get back some of our members.

Thinking

At any rate, I am having an absolute blast with VR.
--I guess its a "console" platform
Confused
The only people I have spoken to that have used VR either have it for Playstation or else a phone. The Xbox Scorpio may be a boon for VR. It certainly has capable hardware.
Have you had a chance to personally evaluate VR on a fast PC with either a Vive or a Rift?
(06-30-2017, 08:39 PM)apoppin Wrote: Have you had a chance to personally evaluate VR on a fast PC with either a Vive or a Rift?
No, never. I may be getting laser eye surgery this summer. VR might be in my future.
Good luck with that.  Lasik is becoming almost routine.

And I think that VR is in everyone's future .. the timing of mass acceptance is what I am unsure of, however.
:-/
(06-30-2017, 08:48 PM)apoppin Wrote: Good luck with that.  Lasik is becoming almost routine.

And I think that VR is in everyone's future .. the timing of mass acceptance is what I am unsure of, however.
Thanks. I'll see how it goes.

I think a lot of PC gamers would really want VR if they make it wireless. Have you heard anything about that? Is it possible with current technology?
(06-30-2017, 08:58 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 08:48 PM)apoppin Wrote: Good luck with that.  Lasik is becoming almost routine.

Thanks.  I'll see how it goes.

I think a lot of PC gamers would really want VR if they make it wireless.  Have you heard anything about that?  Is it possible with current technology?
Yes it is. Expect wireless adapters this year for the Vive and maybe for the Rift. The next generation of HMDs will no doubt be wireless (2018 holiday season).
There's also this from the previous link's comments:
Quote:I don't disagree with you, but there's also a big issue with the first party games selection of the Xbox. Halo and Forza aren't selling points for Japan. Unless Microsoft works to get some well known developers on board and give them a reason to buy their consoles, you're not going to see a change.

The fact that many of the games Xbox has that ARE of interest to Japan are available on PS4 means they have no reason to invest in the platform. Sadly, this also means that developers may see little reason to invest in the platform too. Becomes a catch 22 in that sense.
http://wccftech.com/phil-harrison-sony-m...-audience/
Quote:During GameLab in Barcelona, Phil Harrison was featured in a video interview with GameReactor. He didn’t shy away from commenting on the console scene at all, as you can read below.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-0...ed-buttons
Quote:PlayStation's YouTube channel has uploaded the in-engine Anthem footage shown at E3 running on Xbox One X - but with poorly-Photoshopped PS4 buttons.

Fans noticed the footage was identical but, given the benefit of the doubt, it could just be the same demo running on PlayStation 4 Pro, right?

Nope. Over the weekend, eagle-eyed viewers spotted someone had simply edited the footage to overlay PlayStation 4 controls. There are frames where the edit fades in where both the original Xbox control prompts and PS4 overlay can be seen.
While this wouldn't be the first time gameplay footage has featured swapped out button prompts, Anthem in particular is an issue because the footage shows the Xbox One X version of the game - which may well not be representative of what PlayStation 4 Pro can achieve.
It's the way this industry works ... or doesn't work (i.e. fake news)
Blush
- And unless I am mistaken it happened before (over and over - but specifically) with Watch_Dogs and XBox edits over a PS video ... and this one also:
https://www.engadget.com/2010/08/21/uk-a...3-footage/

And what generally happens is that the publisher produces the trailer; not Sony nor MS .. now that Sony got caught, they should just take it down (and blame the publisher).
Thinking

And we don't know anything about the original video - it was probably running on a PC and it would be universal video supplied by Bioware/EA for Xbox and PS platforms with the edits performed by the publisher for each platform.

And just wait until Anthem is released - we'll probably find it doesn't look the same as the trailer on either PS4 or on Xbox platforms but it is a doctored PC version
:emo: