• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Console Gaming Thread
https://www.neowin.net/news/despite-dism...p-on-japan
This comment says it all about how the Japanese generally view anything that isn't made in glorious Nippon.
Quote:actually thats because there is no japanese iPhone :P

look at android based phones and you will find Sony has way higher market share there than anywhere else.

wherever possible a lot of people in japan tend to buy japanese products, they only fall back on other stuff if there is no version made in japan available.

when it comes to gaming consoles, that "apple brand distinction" is missing, so sony is free to capitalize on the buy japanese products mentality.

plus: lets face it xbox one (original) is the weaker console in every respect. from hardware to game titles, it just has less. the one X beats the 4 pro but is not available yet so right now sony has all the cards on top of the mentality bonus.
Oh man.
(06-30-2017, 02:34 PM)gstanford Wrote: The only thing racist is your forum post!  Plus whatever bigot you are quoting.

The Japanese prefer systems that can play Japanese/Asian games.

Everybody here says "Buy American" ... and it isn't considered a bad thing to support products made in the USA.

But this quote is absolutely an untrue generalization of the Japanese people. It is a lie.
Quote:wherever possible a lot of people in japan tend to buy japanese products, they only fall back on other stuff if there is no version made in japan available.
:no:
(06-30-2017, 03:16 PM)gstanford Wrote: Yeah, we purchase Australian when possible and if we aren't being ripped off for the privilege.  Doesn't make us biased/racist for doing so, nor does it make Americans who like to buy American biased/racist or Japanese who like to buy Japanese things biased/racist.

The bias/racism is all in the heads of bigots like SteelCrysis!

Please, no personal attacks on members here. You can disagree with a member's opinion without name calling.
:emo:
Thanks for that. I also edited my quote.
Dang it. I tried to leave out any explicit accusation of racism. I posted that comment because it didn't seem to carry any hint of accusation, and was a neutral description. Sorry guys. :(
Things are never dull around here so long as gstanford is around. Nothing gets past him. Nothing. :D

Now that Rollo has re-materialized on ABT I suspect we will see more of gstanford to counter the pendulum swing. :punch:
(06-30-2017, 08:05 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Things are never dull around here so long as gstanford is around.  Nothing gets past him.  Nothing.  :D

:giggle:

I love this community. I'd just like it to grow a bit more.
Heart
I agree, we have a good thing going here. Hopefully the contests will draw in some more new members. Last time we had a few signups but they disappeared, unfortunately.
(06-30-2017, 08:16 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I agree, we have a good thing going here.  Hopefully the contests will draw in some more new members.  Last time we had a few signups but they disappeared, unfortunately.
A big part of the reason is that the emphasis at BTR has temporarily shifted to VR - for the past 7 months, there have been few PC related reviews as before.

If things work out as I hope, we will get VR enthusiasts here - and as Vega is released and we return to more PC-related reviews - we will get back some of our members.

Thinking

At any rate, I am having an absolute blast with VR.
--I guess Oculus is a "console" platform
:s