• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Console Gaming Thread
Bruh.
Sorry.

Blush

It looks like a very nice upgrade, especially if you sell your current one for a new one.

"Old lamps iPads for new"

You already have the TL;DR ...
Well to answer your question about when it will become affordable, that will be once the A13 processor comes out, and then Apple (hopefully) releases a value product iPad based around that chip. So we are looking at at least a 1-2 year timeframe. That will be around the time I will probably be ready to upgrade my current iPad.
Aren't you tired of the old gaming genie of your iPad yet?

The new one *is* awesome and its genie is evidently twice as fast granting requests - according to its Creator.

Gamer4
This quote below is in the article I added originally and I agree 100%. I am more excited about the possibility of the future and the fact that a tablet, like Sickbeast said, in such a small package can have so much power.

Quote:Apple marketing the iPad Pro as a gaming device makes sense: 60 percent of gamers play mobile games on a tablet, like the iPad Pro, according to a 2018 Nielsen survey. Creating a tablet with console-capable performance is a major incentive for Apple. But the issue isn’t that Apple is trying to create a piece of hardware that can compete with an Xbox One S; it’s that the iPad Pro is never going to replace the experience of playing a game like NBA 2K19 or other AAA titles on a home console.

“IT PROVIDES AN EXPERIENCE THAT RIVALS CONSOLES FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME.”
That’s especially true when you take into account that an Xbox One S costs $200, while the new iPad Pro runs for $800. It’s hard to market an iPad Pro as a replacement for an Xbox One S when the latter comes fully equipped with better controllers and a dedicated gaming experience — and costs $600 less. (Granted, you’d still need some type of screen to plug the Xbox into.)
(11-03-2018, 06:36 PM)ZeroEnigma Wrote: I am more excited about the possibility of the future and the fact that a tablet, like Sickbeast said, in such a small package can have so much power.

Agree 100%

I was hoping that future iterations of the Switch would offer this, but Nvidia decided to back the Switch instead. I would love to have a tablet to rival my desktop for gaming.

Drinks
(11-03-2018, 06:41 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 06:36 PM)ZeroEnigma Wrote: Go to 1:02:00 or so.

https://www.apple.com/apple-events/october-2018/

Pretty insane
In ONE game ... and we're talking a $800 tablet vs a $200 console.  Not to mention it is Apple PR making the claim.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/10/30/nba-2...-graphics/

Quote:The new iPad Pro is sporting some intense specs with 8 cores, and the A12X Bionic promises a 90 percent increase in CPU performance and 2X performance in GPU performance. According to Apple, this makes it as powerful as an Xbox One S.

The reality is that NBA2K looks pretty good.  But Apple exaggerates just like every other tech company and only picks the "best case scenario" to sell their HW.

I think "insane" is an apt comment regarding a comparison.

Quote: At the very least I will wait for the technology to become affordable

Next week?  Black Friday?

Gamer4

ctrl+f replace "Apple" with NVIDIA ;) "exaggerates just like every other tech company and only picks the "best case scenario" to sell their HW" Crazy_pilot Bomb Bomb Bomb

You should have this same mentality with everything. I would NEVER purchase an iPad Pro unless I was some sort of Graphics artist or professional that needs a really powerful device. It is a rip off.

Standard iPads are amazing and so are the Minis. Nothing compares except probably Amazon at half the price with Alexa. IT IS JUST INTERESTING that technology can do this now in 2018. Gaming is gaming, any advancement is good. This was not a recommendation to burn your Xbox. :D
I thought I covered that

Quote: Apple exaggerates just like every other tech company and only picks the "best case scenario" to sell their HW

Isn't Nvidia included in my above statement, or am I missing something?
Huh
(11-03-2018, 07:13 PM)apoppin Wrote: Aren't you tired of the old gaming genie of your iPad yet?

The new one *is* awesome and its genie is evidently twice as fast granting requests - according to its Creator.  

Gamer4

I don't game on my iPad at all and I would only consider it with good controllers. In fact I think I would like it with good controllers. However nothing compares to the PC...yet. There is a long time to go still before that happens. Apple is still a small fry here against nVidia. But I would never underestimate them. Remember Apple only started developing their own GPUs recently. And this is their first effort to make something gaming oriented.
I love competition. Seriously. I would love for AMD to get back into high-end graphics and to challenge Nvidia again. It would spur Nvidia on to greater things, and also make their prices more reasonable. Apple in gaming would be awesome. Intel too, if they can figure it out and work on delivering good graphics drivers. The more the merrier. I am not stuck on one company for life. I don't get any paycheck from any of them and I speak for myself.

The reality is that currently the fastest CPU platform for desktop gaming is Intel, and Nvidia owns the high end of gaming. This can change as it has in the past.

I am a gamer first.

Gamer4