• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Console Gaming Thread
He said he won't be back.
(10-27-2018, 04:09 AM)apoppin Wrote: He said he won't be back.
That is unfortunate.
https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft...nd-tablets

Super interesting prototypes. I wish Microsoft came out with a portable but it is much too late and something like this would be awesome. I always use Moonlight or NVIDIA Shield app hacks that allow any tablet to use the software.

[Image: xbox-mobile-joysticks.jpg?itok=VNEzwXMe]

It is really stupid that:
1. PS4 players cannot use the best feature of their console, mobile game mirroring/streaming, on anything other than garbage Sony phones and dead PS Vitas.
2. Nvidia shield users are the only ones that can use that awesome software that streams games flawlessly.
3. Xbox has no solution to stream games with little to no lag to a mobile device/controller besides third party software that does not do a good job/most do not know about.

I used to use my iPad a lot to stream PC games and grind Destiny/Fallout back in the day. I wish there some solution like this not locked behind a brand or some trash eco system that is dead. :(
Yeah I own something like that, I believe it's called a Moga. But I was disappointed by its support on the software side.

Google and Apple should have taken the time to develop something like this by now. It's shocking that they haven't. The device would pay for itself via the royalties from the increased gaming sales. Not to mention more people buying their devices.
(11-03-2018, 06:08 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Yeah I own something like that, I believe it's called a Moga.  But I was disappointed by its support on the software side.

Google and Apple should have taken the time to develop something like this by now.  It's shocking that they haven't.  The device would pay for itself via the royalties from the increased gaming sales.  Not to mention more people buying their devices.

Apple recently said the new iPad Pro has the "same graphical power" as the Xbox One S but the ecosystem is the issue and the solution is pretty simple: companies needs to stop trying to push trash hardware and locking amazing software behind that hardware.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/31/1804...xbox-one-s

I could stream my PS4 easily with third party software but It is hard to use a controller. Yes people will cry about Steamlink and other hardware solutions for a TV but thats not what I want. I want something mobile that I can use my $1000+ PC with; my $400 PS4 should be able to stream to my android tablet with their existing software if it can on the terribly specced PS VITA, etc etc. It should not be this annoying.
(11-03-2018, 06:23 PM)ZeroEnigma Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 06:08 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Yeah I own something like that, I believe it's called a Moga.  But I was disappointed by its support on the software side.

Google and Apple should have taken the time to develop something like this by now.  It's shocking that they haven't.  The device would pay for itself via the royalties from the increased gaming sales.  Not to mention more people buying their devices.

Apple recently said the new iPad Pro has the "same graphical power" as the Xbox One S but the ecosystem is the issue and the solution is pretty simple: companies needs to stop trying to push trash hardware and locking amazing software behind that hardware.

I could stream my PS4 easily with third party software but It is hard to use a controller. Yes people will cry about Steamlink and other hardware solutions for a TV but thats not what I want. I want something mobile that I can use my $1000+ PC with; my $400 PS4 should be able to stream to my android tablet with their existing software if it can on the terribly specced PS VITA, etc etc. It should not be this annoying.

Wow, so you're telling me that in a 5 watt package the new A12X processor has a CPU that's almost as powerful as an 8700K *and* a GPU that's as powerful as a GTX 1050? That seems completely unbelievable to me. Apple clearly has the best engineers on earth working for them.
(11-03-2018, 06:29 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Wow, so you're telling me that in a 5 watt package the new A12X processor has a CPU that's almost as powerful as an 8700K *and* a GPU that's as powerful as a GTX 1050?  That seems completely unbelievable to me.  Apple clearly has the best engineers on earth working for them.

I doubt it.

But the issue is that it can't be used as a home console nor is it as small as a Switch for mobile gaming. It is a very expensive "in-between" device.
(11-03-2018, 06:29 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 06:23 PM)ZeroEnigma Wrote:

Wow, so you're telling me that in a 5 watt package the new A12X processor has a CPU that's almost as powerful as an 8700K *and* a GPU that's as powerful as a GTX 1050?  That seems completely unbelievable to me.  Apple clearly has the best engineers on earth working for them.

Go to 1:02:00 or so.

https://www.apple.com/apple-events/october-2018/

Pretty insane
(11-03-2018, 06:33 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 06:29 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Wow, so you're telling me that in a 5 watt package the new A12X processor has a CPU that's almost as powerful as an 8700K *and* a GPU that's as powerful as a GTX 1050?  That seems completely unbelievable to me.  Apple clearly has the best engineers on earth working for them.

I doubt it.  

But the issue is that it can't be used as a home console nor is it as small as a Switch for mobile gaming.  It is a very expensive "in-between" device.

My response is that I want one. At the very least I will wait for the technology to become affordable. My current 2018 cellular iPad is one of my all time best tech purchases. I got it for $359CAD outright. I've enjoyed the cellular features a lot when traveling. And for web browsing and basic tasks it is fantastic.
(11-03-2018, 06:36 PM)ZeroEnigma Wrote: Go to 1:02:00 or so.

https://www.apple.com/apple-events/october-2018/

Pretty insane
In ONE game ... and we're talking a $800 tablet vs a $200 console. Not to mention it is Apple PR making the claim.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/10/30/nba-2...-graphics/

Quote:The new iPad Pro is sporting some intense specs with 8 cores, and the A12X Bionic promises a 90 percent increase in CPU performance and 2X performance in GPU performance. According to Apple, this makes it as powerful as an Xbox One S.

The reality is that NBA2K looks pretty good. But Apple exaggerates just like every other tech company and only picks the "best case scenario" to sell their HW.

I think "insane" is an apt comment regarding a comparison.

Quote: At the very least I will wait for the technology to become affordable

Next week? Black Friday?

Gamer4