• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Console Gaming Thread
If you had bad battery life with tour G6 ,it was because you didn't have a good signal from your carrier and/or you didn't upgrade to Oreo.
I have a G6 with Verizon and until the Oreo update, I had relatively poor battery life.
I bought my niece a Iphone X for Xmas, she was on the T mobile service, had fairly poor battery life, switched her on my plan with Verizon ,she said its much better.
What I'm saying is make sure you have good service at work,and at home or where you phone is located the most.
If your phone is struggling to find service you will have poor battery life no matter what phone you buy.

Believe it or not the best phone I ever had in the past 20 years is my Nokia Lumia 1520 running Windows 10.
Lasted me over 4 years, until the lack of apps finally got to me.
(07-07-2018, 05:22 AM)happy medium Wrote: If you had bad battery life with tour G6 ,it was because you didn't have a good signal from your carrier and/or you didn't upgrade to Oreo.
I have a G6 with Verizon and until the Oreo update, I had relatively poor battery life.
I bought my niece a Iphone X for Xmas, she was on the T mobile service, had fairly poor battery life, switched her on my plan with Verizon ,she said its much better.
What I'm saying is make sure you have good service at work,and at home or where you phone is located the most.
If your phone is struggling to find service you will have poor battery life no matter what phone you buy.

Believe it or not the best phone I ever had in the past 20 years is my Nokia Lumia 1520 running Windows 10.

Even with the Oreo update my battery life is brutal with the G6. I have a feeling one of my apps is causing the drain. However it doesn't happen on my Essential Phone which gets double the battery life of my G6.
(07-07-2018, 03:19 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(07-07-2018, 05:22 AM)happy medium Wrote: If you had bad battery life with tour G6 ,it was because you didn't have a good signal from your carrier and/or you didn't upgrade to Oreo.

Even with the Oreo update my battery life is brutal with the G6.  I have a feeling one of my apps is causing the drain.  However it doesn't happen on my Essential Phone which gets double the battery life of my G6.

I had that happen on my Shield. One of the games I installed evidently never shut down. It finally got corrupted, and when I uninstalled it, the battery life returned to decent. Of course my Shield tablet is getting pretty old (like me) and the battery life has dropped over the past 4 years.
Blush
Quote:Release date July 29, 2014 (USA/CAN)
From what I understand, the apps on iOS are of a much higher quality with less bugs. Apple has very high quality control standards for the apps. I'm also not happy with the lack of privacy and how my user data is used by Google. The iPhone X is expensive but it's being completely subsidized by my carrier. This is a really awesome deal on a phone that should last me a very long time. Apparently the CPU on it is faster than a mobile Intel i5.
https://www.engadget.com/2018/07/31/sony...-millions/

Quote:Sony did record $17.9 billion in revenue for the three months ending in June, from which it extracted nearly $1.8 billion in profit. And yes, no points for guessing PlayStation is responsible for the bulk of that.

PlayStation head John Kodera said a few months ago that he suspects Sony is getting close to selling as many PS4 consoles as it's ever likely to. Declining hardware sales is part of the natural lifecycle of consoles, of course, but that doesn't seem to be having any effect just yet. From April to June, Sony shifted 3.2 million PS4s -- only 100,000 less than were sold during the same period last year. Just over 40 million games were purchased, and the number of PlayStation Plus subscribers is holding relatively steady at 33.9 million (down from 34.2 million at the end of March). In total, Sony's PlayStation arm brought in nearly $750 million in profit (JP¥83.5 billion), which is more than twice as much money as any other department.

Even if console sales do begin to dwindle, there are plenty of highly anticipated games coming out that'll keep money flowing in the right direction.
I thought Rollo said Sony was going broke. And that the Xbox One was better because MS has more money. Crazy_pilot Black_eye
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance...index.html

Quote:The Nintendo Switch has sold 19.67 million hardware units and 86.93 million software units worldwide!

This is without the holiday season, no real major releases now and Smash Ultimate coming at the end of the year. Great numbers!
(07-31-2018, 09:33 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I thought Rollo said Sony was going broke.  And that the Xbox One was better because MS has more money.  Crazy_pilot  Black_eye

They were going broke at the time. But they did some tough and smart reorganization and bet their money on the PS4 - a superior console to the Xbox which offered stupid features (eye of Sauron; Leap Motion).

Good for Sony. Excellent for Nintendo who partnered with Nvidia.

And also 'good for MS' (in another way - my hope is that their money keeps getting poured into a Black Hole from which there is no return)
JC-LOL
(07-31-2018, 10:09 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 09:33 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I thought Rollo said Sony was going broke.  And that the Xbox One was better because MS has more money.  Crazy_pilot  Black_eye

They were going broke at the time.  But they did some tough and smart reorganization and bet their money on the PS4 - a superior console to the Xbox which offered stupid features (eye of Sauron; Leap Motion).

Good for Sony.  Excellent for Nintendo who partnered with Nvidia.

And also 'good for MS' (in another way - my hope is that their money keeps getting poured into a Black Hole from which there is no return)
JC-LOL

Eye of Sauron... JC-LOL

I think the Xbox is a million times better than the Sony console. Better interface, better game pass offerings, better friends list management and party creation, etc etc etc. The biggest issue is exclusives right now. Even the controller is better on Xbox. They got too cocky and gave up what made them great and tried to ride the loyalty wave.
I don't know about a million times better
Beee

But your are right ... their loyalty wave closed out when they forced a lot of things no one wanted.

What is their NeXtBoX going to do that is different?
Crazy_pilot