• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Return Of GPU Cryptocurrency Mining
(07-25-2018, 05:51 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 02:42 PM)apoppin Wrote: There is a lot of uncertainty today due to the politics
:-/

It was a temporary blip.  I turned the mining off at lunchtime because it was down to $2/day for both cards combined.  Brutal.

Stock market stumble this morning? Or just the scammers at the top manipulating the prices again?
Angel
(07-25-2018, 06:02 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 05:51 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(07-25-2018, 02:42 PM)apoppin Wrote: There is a lot of uncertainty today due to the politics
:-/

It was a temporary blip.  I turned the mining off at lunchtime because it was down to $2/day for both cards combined.  Brutal.

Stock market stumble this morning?   Or just the scammers at the top manipulating the prices again?
Angel

The price of Bitcoin has remained stable. However the mining tends to mine smaller coins that are incredibly volatile and unpredictable.

The stock market looks like it did fine today.

I will continue my hardware selloff as planned. If I was really able to earn $6USD per day I would have just held onto both Ti cards for the foreseeable future.
Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Did Canada Post find or refund your money for the GTX 1070 you sold?
(07-25-2018, 06:07 PM)apoppin Wrote: Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Did Canada Post find or refund your money for the GTX 1070 you sold?

They found the package and it was delivered today. Cool
:yes:
(07-25-2018, 07:12 PM)apoppin Wrote: :yes:
Yeah I was extremely relieved over the weekend when the buyer contacted me to say that tracking had been updated. Now today I got the notification that it has been delivered. I know I packed it extremely well so I'm sure the buyer is going to really enjoy the card. Overall my Ryzen PC sales went off very well. I'm happy with how it turned out. I even got an offer on the 750w PSU but I don't want to deal with the hassle of shipping it when I might get $80CAD for it if I'm lucky. I'm going to sell the rest locally if I can. I would want to ship the GTX 1080 Ti cards insured because they are worth so much, but that would probably drive the shipping cost north of $100. Too much of a hit. Local buyers only! Angel

I broke even on the Ryzen system and I lost $100-200 on each GTX 1070. Not bad at all. And those two cards probably earned back their full value from the mining.

Ryzen was too nice of a computer to have just sitting around. I'm glad I got decent value for it. If I ever want to get another mining PC I will get something way more basic. Ryzen just doesn't clock high enough for gaming though. I am hopeful AMD can continue to refine it. They need more clockspeed badly to properly compete with Intel. Intel's desktop i9 CPUs are coming out soon and they will be expensive. $450USD for the 8c/16t version when you can get an 8c/16t generation 2 Ryzen CPU for $200USD. With more clockspeed from AMD there is no way Intel could ever charge that much. We'll see. Maybe the new i9s will flop. I know I won't be buying one. And the 8 core i7 they are releasing doesn't even have hyperthreading. I'll bet our 8700Ks are just as powerful if not moreso. The new 8 core i7s will cost $350USD.
The hell with Intel and their incremental crappy upgrades for gamers. I won't support them, and I will wait for their next gen next year. Maybe they will even fix their security issues by then - or far more hopefully, AMD will blow them away with Ryzen 2.
Thinking