Forums
iPhone X - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.babeltechreviews.com/community)
+-- Forum: BabelTechReviews (https://www.babeltechreviews.com/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mobile (https://www.babeltechreviews.com/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: iPhone X (/showthread.php?tid=1367)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

iPhone X - SickBeast - 07-10-2018

My two iPhone Xs are out for delivery. I will share my thoughts on it compared to my recent Android phones. I'm super excited to try it out. This will be my first Apple phone.

RE: iPhone X - apoppin - 07-10-2018

(07-10-2018, 01:43 PM)SickBeast Wrote: My two iPhone Xs are out for delivery.  I will share my thoughts on it compared to my recent Android phones.  I'm super excited to try it out.  This will be my first Apple phone.

Post a review!!

RE: iPhone X - SickBeast - 07-10-2018

(07-10-2018, 02:07 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 01:43 PM)SickBeast Wrote: My two iPhone Xs are out for delivery.  I will share my thoughts on it compared to my recent Android phones.  I'm super excited to try it out.  This will be my first Apple phone.

Post a review!!
I will try! This summer is turning out to be way more busy than I thought it would.

Holy cow this phone is nice. Much nicer than the Essential Phone or anything I have seen on Android. The headphone output on it is nice also, it sounds just as good as my iPad which I'm happy about.

Hopefully I can get many good years out of this phone. So far I absolutely love it. Apple nailed the interface. I thought I would miss the home button but I don't.

(07-10-2018, 05:01 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Holy cow this phone is nice.  

I guess $1000 can buy a decent phone now-a-days

Angel

(07-10-2018, 05:28 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 05:01 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Holy cow this phone is nice.  

I guess $1000 can buy a decent phone now-a-days

Angel
LOL indeed.

My carrier fully subsidized it for me times two lines. It was an unbelievable deal. And now I'm hearing Telus is calling people back with an even better offer once you port out which I am in the process of doing right now.

As it turns out the CPU in this phone is 90% as powerful as my old i5 4690k (!). Intel is in trouble. This thing flies. And I think it only consumes a few watts. As much as it's already worth I would say Apple stock is a good buy. The iPhone 9 is going to fly off the shelves if they give it a design similar to this. It's so cool. You don't need to push any buttons to wake your phone, you just look at it. No passwords either. You just look at the phone and it uses facial recognition. The camera on it seems to be outstanding also.

Port out?

Yes, you are paying for the lines anyway .. why not get the best?
:doh:

(07-10-2018, 05:36 PM)apoppin Wrote: Port out?

Porting out is the process of transferring your phone number from one provider to the next. Once you port out it automatically cancels your account from your previous provider, and then they send you your final bill. What I'm hearing is that Koodo/Telus (my previous provider) is calling people who port out to win them back with an even better offer. So we'll see. They are saying that 24 hours later people are getting a call. I just feel bad sticking Rogers with $3,000CAD worth of returns.

(07-10-2018, 05:39 PM)SickBeast Wrote:

Porting out is the process of transferring your phone number from one provider to the next.  Once you port out it automatically cancels your account from your previous provider, and then they send you your final bill.  What I'm hearing is that Koodo/Telus (my previous provider) is calling people who port out to win them back with an even better offer.  So we'll see.  They are saying that 24 hours later people are getting a call.  I just feel bad sticking Rogers with $3,000CAD worth of returns.

Rogers? How are they stuck?

Quote:Intel is in trouble.

They have little vision and weak direction but they have enough cash to blunder about for years. I would not say they are "in trouble" yet but heading there. They need a good CEO like Jensen or Jobs - or even Cook. Apple and Nvidia (and even AMD to an extent in CPU) have vision and they shape their markets - Intel "reacts" like a giant ship that is run by a board and it is anything but nimble.
Thinking

(07-10-2018, 05:43 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 05:39 PM)SickBeast Wrote:

Porting out is the process of transferring your phone number from one provider to the next.  Once you port out it automatically cancels your account from your previous provider, and then they send you your final bill.  What I'm hearing is that Koodo/Telus (my previous provider) is calling people who port out to win them back with an even better offer.  So we'll see.  They are saying that 24 hours later people are getting a call.  I just feel bad sticking Rogers with $3,000CAD worth of returns.

Rogers?  How are they stuck?  

Quote:Intel is in trouble.

They have little vision and weak direction but they have enough cash to blunder about for years.  I would not say they are "in trouble" yet but heading there.  They need a good CEO like Jensen or Jobs - or even Cook.  Apple and Nvidia (and even AMD to an extent in CPU) have vision and they shape their markets - Intel "reacts" like a giant ship that is run by a board and it is anything but nimble.
Thinking

I just assume that the carriers wind up taking a loss when people return high end phones that have been opened and used. They can no longer be sold as new.

As for my comments about Intel, look at it this way. The a11 from Apple has 93% of the single threaded performance of their chips. All Apple needs to do is add some more cores and more TDP to the chips and they will be well ahead of anything Intel or AMD makes. You'll see. The new iPhones come out in a few months and I'm sure they will have an a12 CPU that will be even faster still. Or a new iPad Pro with an a11x with more cores.

I'm just kind of blown away that Apple's engineers managed to match or exceed Intel in terms of CPU performance. It's unbelievable. And to see it in a phone really blows my mind.