Forums
Donald Trump - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.babeltechreviews.com/community)
+-- Forum: Social (https://www.babeltechreviews.com/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.babeltechreviews.com/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Politics, Religion and News (https://www.babeltechreviews.com/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Donald Trump (/showthread.php?tid=1174)

Donald Trump - SickBeast - 10-30-2017

So apparently three of Trump’s people have been indicted including his campaign manager. The stock market is way down today and there is speculation that this could grow bigger and it could bring down the presidency. It will be interesting to see if Trump can worm his way out of this. He had it all aside from power. He should have bought an island and lived a happy life. Now we are all stuck with this mess.

RE: Donald Trump - apoppin - 10-30-2017

(10-30-2017, 09:42 PM)SickBeast Wrote: So apparently three of Trump’s people have been indicted including his campaign manager. The stock market is way down today and there is speculation that this could grow bigger and it could bring down the presidency. It will be interesting to see if Trump can worm his way out of this. He had it all aside from power. He should have bought an island and lived a happy life. Now we are all stuck with this mess.

I see this is a reboot to the other super-long thread. Good.

I have nothing to say yet but I do have a LOT of popcorn ready.
Speechless

RE: Donald Trump - SickBeast - 10-30-2017

The vultures are circling. I don't think Trump will make it out of this without either going to jail or losing the presidency.

RE: Donald Trump - apoppin - 10-30-2017

(10-30-2017, 11:42 PM)SickBeast Wrote: The vultures are circling.  I don't think Trump will make it out of this without either going to jail or losing the presidency.
I see you are being an optimist.

:D

RE: Donald Trump - SickBeast - 10-30-2017

(10-30-2017, 11:46 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 11:42 PM)SickBeast Wrote: The vultures are circling.  I don't think Trump will make it out of this without either going to jail or losing the presidency.

You think it's going to go down worse than that? Do tell. Angel

RE: Donald Trump - apoppin - 10-31-2017

(10-30-2017, 11:56 PM)SickBeast Wrote:

You think it's going to go down worse than that?  Do tell.  Angel

Clearly Trump is a liar and a crook. He is no different than Nixon - worse. Sometimes a witch hunt actually turns up some witches. Do you think he will be successful pardoning himself?

RE: Donald Trump - SickBeast - 10-31-2017

(10-31-2017, 12:20 AM)apoppin Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 11:56 PM)SickBeast Wrote:

You think it's going to go down worse than that?  Do tell.  Angel

Clearly Trump is a liar and a crook.  He is no different than Nixon - worse.   Sometimes a witch hunt actually turns up some witches.  Do you think he will be successful pardoning himself?
It's just amazing to see the way he railed against CNN, saying they were "fake news" when in reality they had this right all along. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the stuff CNN reported on was true also. Trump is down to about zero credibility. Apparently his inner circle is quite concerned about this whole investigation. This could really get ugly quickly. You guys could have a new president soon. I don't think Trump will stick around until the bitter end. I could see him bowing out and going back to his previous life.

What I really find impossible to understand is the "why" in all of this for Trump. He already had it all. What did he ever really want? His actions have clearly shown that he is not a patriot. No one who truly cares for their country would ever pull this type of stunt and counteract democracy. There is something truly sinister here. I guess he's just truly power hungry. I can't think of any other explanation. He was willing to do anything in order to become president. He's truly desperate for power.

Motivation for Trump would be the same as for any would-be dictator

**POWER**

Thinking

RE: Donald Trump - SteelCrysis - 10-31-2017

(10-31-2017, 02:18 AM)SickBeast Wrote: It's just amazing to see the way he railed against CNN, saying they were "fake news" when in reality they had this right all along.  I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the stuff CNN reported on was true also.  Trump is down to about zero credibility.  Apparently his inner circle is quite concerned about this whole investigation.  This could really get ugly quickly.  You guys could have a new president soon.  I don't think Trump will stick around until the bitter end.  I could see him bowing out and going back to his previous life.

What I really find impossible to understand is the "why" in all of this for Trump.  He already had it all.  What did he ever really want?  His actions have clearly shown that he is not a patriot.  No one who truly cares for their country would ever pull this type of stunt and counteract democracy.  There is something truly sinister here.  I guess he's just truly power hungry.  I can't think of any other explanation.  He was willing to do anything in order to become president.  He's truly desperate for power.
Sorry, CNN is still wrong: https://ethicsalarms.com/2017/10/30/morning-ethics-warm-up-10302017-special-counsel-non-bombshell-edition/
Quote:There is nothing in the complaint, literally nothing, that relates to “Russiagate,” the 2016 election, the Trump campaign, collusion, or anything else that was among the original justifications for this exercise. I couldn’t even find the name “Trump” anywhere in its 31 pages, but my “Find” function wasn’t working very well. There may be one or two.
And if Trump really had it all, why would he be "truly desperate for power"?

(10-31-2017, 05:38 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Sorry, CNN is still wrong: https://ethicsalarms.com/2017/10/30/morning-ethics-warm-up-10302017-special-counsel-non-bombshell-edition/
CNN is not wrong. The special council is just getting started. Do you think the investigation will stop now? It is just getting interesting.
Rolleyes