Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car dragged 4 miles by big rig on SoCal I-15
On the local news tonight
http://www.vvng.com/video-captures-big-r...5-freeway/
[Image: Screen-Shot-2017-04-19-at-8.41.44-PM-768x483.png]

Quote: A man traveling on the I-15 freeway captured an intense moment when he witnessed a big rig dragging a car Wednesday afternoon.

Brian Steimke was traveling on the northbound 15 freeway ascending up the Cajon pass when he saw a burgundy 1996 Nissan Maxima partially stuck under the rig.
In the video, you can see the airbags were deployed and a man waving out the driver side window attempting to grab the attention of the truck driver.

“Stop, he’s not stopping,” the driver of the Nissan shouted to Steimke while pointing to the driver.

Another vehicle appears to have stopped the big rig by getting in front of the truck.

“Why were you driving so far?” Steimke asked the truck driver.

The driver responded and asked, “so far?” Allegedly not realizing he was dragging the car for several miles.

Once stopped, the driver of the Nissan was able to exit the vehicle, which had major damage to the front passenger side.

It's kind of shocking that the truck driver didn't notice that. I would say the more likely scenario that this was road rage "revenge". The car probably managed to cause the accident, hitting the truck. And the truck driver probably figured he would teach them a lesson. I just don't see how the truck driver could not notice that.
(04-20-2017, 08:31 PM)SickBeast Wrote: It's kind of shocking that the truck driver didn't notice that.  I would say the more likely scenario that this was road rage "revenge".  The car probably managed to cause the accident, hitting the truck.  And the truck driver probably figured he would teach them a lesson.  I just don't see how the truck driver could not notice that.
I have to agree. The truck driver should probably be cited for unsafe driving. Clearly he did not bother to look in his left side mirror for at least 4 miles.
The thing is, wouldn't the driver of the car have honked their horn? How could you not hear that? I would be blaring my horn like crazy if my car was caught up in a truck like that, before, during, and after the whole affair. Plus I would have called 9-1-1 immediately from my cellphone. This is such a strange story all around. Hopefully the police will get to the bottom of it.
There was an update on the local news this evening.

The car and the truck evidently attempted to merge into the same lane when the car collided with the big rig who was hauling 15 tons of (organic) carrots.

The Highway Patrol says the driver of the big rig was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol and he faces no charges. He evidently did not see the car until he was forced to stop by a car driver who cut in front of him and forced him to slow down and stop.