Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coffee lake cpu's have been moved up to release in August 2017
Figured this needs its own thread.

It seems Coffee lake cpu's have been moved up to release in August 2017 and will offer a 6 core mainstream cpu! They will also use the 1151 socket like Kabylake and Skylake with a new z370 chipset.
The new cpu is said to work on current Z270 motherboards.

YAY! Now I hope my Asus Z170-A gets a Bios update for this chip!
I'm glad I stuck with my $150 i5 6500 overclocked.
That's why I didn't buy a 6700/7700k, I had a feeling about this.

https://benchlife.info/intel-z370-q370-b...-04162017/

Coffeelake releasing in August here.
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/int...t-38851799
How does Skylake X fit into this roadmap?

Google translate was useless on the benchlife info site.
This is the best Edge will translate............

2017 is the brief war of the King with the toothpaste factory beginning in the second half, 2 companies was shot.
Intel in late 2017 this toothpaste factory would bring out 2 platforms, one of which is X299 Gao Jieping, and another is the same as Z270 mainstream platform.
Sure call 300-series chips, but the actual name is Z370, it may be a little reserved; after all, AMD Ryzen has used the name X370.
Intel motherboard chip for 300-series desktop processors code-named Cannon Lake PCH-H, and now know, will still maintain the LGA1151 pin, as to whether it wanted to let Kaby Lake Skylake platform processors, which will vary from toothpaste factory decides.

In the earlier data, we have identified 300 series chipsets Coffee Lake-S processors will provide 6-Cores 12 Threads, this is Intel's first mainstream platform upgrade processor cores and threads.
This may help for consumers, but can also be as brief Kings, that AMD's next action may be. At this stage, AMD has brought out 8 Cores 16 Threads and 6 Cores Ryzen Ryzen 5 series and 7 of 12 Threads, also with a toothpaste factory low price in the market, although occasionally some bug appeared, but in terms of performance and price range, seems to have some pressure on Intel.
In any case, Intel the toothpaste factory will end in the next Skylake-X, and Kaby Lake-X X299 Coffee Lake-S back 300 series platform brief King AMD.

Now, Intel chip will integrate USB 300 series 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) and Gigabit Wi-Fi; in addition to the two functions, the 200 series Kaby Lake PCH-H and 300 series Cannon Lake PCH-H is basically not much different.
Intel 300 series chipsets will have Z370, H370, H310, Q370, Q350 B350, but hinted at in the upper reaches, and Intel intend to change the naming of several products. Skylake and Kaby Lake the same Coffee Lake will continue to use Intel 14nm process.
If nothing else, Intel introduced in 2017, the fourth quarter Coffee Lake-S platform with your desktop computer.[Image: intel-300-series-pch.jpg]

Hexa-core Coffee Lake launching Q4-2017, will use socket LGA 1151 like current Skylake/Kaby Lake

- In H2-2017 we can expect two new platforms from Intel, HEDT X299 and a mainstream successor to Z270
- Confirms Coffee Lake-S will provide mainstream 6C/12T products
- Intel's first mainstream processor to increase the number of cores/threads
- It's still socket LGA 1151
- There's new 300 series chipsets being launched with the new chip
- Integrated USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) and Gigabit Wi-Fi
- Z370, H370, H310, Q370, Q350 and B350
- Current plan is to launch Coffee Lake-S in the fourth quarter of 2017 (October-December)

The Latest news ..........
DigiTimes: Intel brings Coffee Lake launch forward to August 2017

Intel will unveil its Basin Falls platform, i.e. Skylake-X, Kaby Lake-X processors and X299 chipset, at Computex 2017 in Taipei during May 30-June 3 two months earlier than originally scheduled, and will bring forward the launch of Coffee Lake microarchitecture based on a 14nm process node from January 2018 originally to August 2017, to cope with increasing competition from AMD's Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 5 processors, according to Taiwan-based PC vendors.
Very interesting. Thank-you.

I guess I will be upgrading to another Intel platform this year.

However, why are the PCIe lanes still 2x8?
- but I guess CrossFire and SLI are pretty dead anyway.
(04-19-2017, 04:36 AM)apoppin Wrote: Very interesting.  Thank-you.

I guess I will be upgrading to another Intel platform this year.  

However, why are the PCIe lanes still 2x8?  
- but I guess CrossFire and SLI are pretty dead anyway.

I think the 6 core Coffeelake will run on a Z170 board also.
We shall see.
"Intel to unveil Basin Falls, launch Coffee Lake ahead of schedule"

Intel will unveil its Basin Falls platform, i.e. Skylake-X, Kaby Lake-X processors and X299 chipset, at Computex 2017 in Taipei during May 30-June 3 two months earlier than originally scheduled, and will bring forward the launch of Coffee Lake microarchitecture based on a 14nm process node from January 2018 originally to August 2017, to cope with increasing competition from AMD's Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 5 processors, according to Taiwan-based PC vendors.
The Basin Falls-based products are expected to be launched at the E3 gaming show in the US in June, with the official release at the end of the month.
The Skylake-X series has three 140W processors featuring 6-, 8- and 10-core architectures, while the Kaby Lake-X series has an 112W quad-core processor. In August, Intel will release a top-end 12-core Skylake-X processor.
Meanwhile, AMD is planning to announce its top-end 16-core Ryzen processor and X399 platform in the third quarter to compete for the gaming market.
As for the 14nm-based Coffee Lake-based processors, Intel will initially release several K-series Core i7/i5/i3 processors and its Z370 chipsets in August, and will release more CPUs as well as H370, B360 and H310 chipsets at the end of 2017 or early 2018.
Intel has reportedly spent over US$100 million to order five EUV machine sets from ASML, to accelerate its pace of manufacturing.
Intel and AMD both declined to comment on unannounced products

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20170419PD207.html
I am going to E3.

So Intel finally woke up. I wonder if Nvidia will also make some announcements at E3.

Remember when Nvidia used to tie their GPU release schedule to Intel's? It was not very long ago.

It will be great to have a faster CPU for gaming.

You probably also know that Intel canceled IDF this year.
Yes, I was wondering if this new hex core had anything to do with LA IDF getting cancelled.

Mind you if these extra cores mean a reduction in clock speed so that the CPU can't easily hit 4.2 - 4.4 ghz I won't be interested in it and will stick with hyperthreaded quad cores instead.

Although M$ has fucked me over due to windows 7, so new processors are kind of pointless for now.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.
(04-19-2017, 02:27 PM)gstanford Wrote: Yes, I was wondering if this new hex core had anything to do with LA IDF getting cancelled.

Mind you if these extra cores mean a reduction in clock speed so that the CPU can't easily hit 4.2 - 4.4 ghz I won't be interested in it and will stick with hyperthreaded quad cores instead.

Although M$ has fucked me over due to windows 7, so new processors are kind of pointless for now.
Like I posted elsewhere, there's a workaround: https://www.neowin.net/news/custom-patch...processors