• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BTR's Spring "Name Your Own" Contest
It should start tomorrow will start by March 1 and run for 3 weeks.
... here's the Grand Prize for one lucky winner. The prizes have been sponsored by Kingston and HyperX.

[Image: prizes.jpg]
Awesome! Thanks for organizing this apoppin! Good luck everyone!
ok can someone please tell me "what is the contest"?
I'm kinda lost.
About a week ago Apoppin was asking "what should the contest be", and now it started yesterday.
thanks
(03-27-2017, 02:47 PM)happy medium Wrote: ok can someone please tell me "what is the contest"?
I'm kinda lost.
About a week ago Apoppin was asking "what should the contest be", and now it started yesterday.
thanks

It hasn't started yet. It had a false start date rumored as yesterday ... "should start" proved to be overly optimistic
- so it turned out to be fake news
:wondering:

And it is a "name your own" contest which is still on. I am still working on the little details and perhaps add a runner-up prize. Since I am shipping the grand prize, it will be limited to North America. I'll announce the contest in this thread as well as post a BTR main post and "official contest entry" thread. It might not actually start until March 1 .. it's going to run for 3 weeks, so there is no huge hurry to start it.
Party
We will see who comes out of the woodwork. Hopefully we can get some new members on the forum!
I'll get this started tomorrow.

I am thinking it could be "Name your own contest" where the contestant tells us what they want the next contest to be.

But it is probably too complex.

How about - Guess the number of video cards in BTR's library - ?
Huh
LOL that's a good one actually. With enough research, someone could figure it out. Does that include your *entire* library of old cards, even from your days on the ATF?
(04-01-2017, 07:27 PM)SickBeast Wrote: LOL that's a good one actually.  With enough research, someone could figure it out.  Does that include your *entire* library of old cards, even from your days on the ATF?

Every card that I ever got for review is in my library with about 10 exceptions - I gave some cards away to ABT/BTR staff with the vendor's permission.
(04-01-2017, 07:34 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(04-01-2017, 07:27 PM)SickBeast Wrote: LOL that's a good one actually.  With enough research, someone could figure it out.  Does that include your *entire* library of old cards, even from your days on the ATF?

Every card that I ever got for review is in my library with about 10 exceptions - I gave some cards away to ABT/BTR staff with the vendor's permission.
That sounds like fun. So the person who comes closest wins? What happens in the event of a tie? And what about the fact that someone could do all the research, post their guess, and then someone else could come along and copy them or just guess one higher or one lower?

*edit* I have an idea. What if we just email you our guesses.
(04-01-2017, 07:38 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(04-01-2017, 07:34 PM)apoppin Wrote:

That sounds like fun.  So the person who comes closest wins?  What happens in the event of a tie?  And what about the fact that someone could do all the research, post their guess, and then someone else could come along and copy them or just guess one higher or one lower?

*edit* I have an idea.  What if we just email you our guesses.

You will have to PM the contest administrator and then post in the thread, "guess sent"

What is the chance of a tie?

There will probably be a runner-up prize. The winner would be determined by luck if there is a tie.