• Welcome to the BTR Community!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juicer opinion
Hey apoppin, I remember one time you told me about your juicer and how much you like it. Today I bought a juicer, there was a crazy sale and a $100 mail in rebate. So it cost me $30CAD including tax! Here is a link to the unit:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/kitche...p.html#srp

I'm having a hard time finding any reviews of it. There are reviews of a similar model on the US Amazon.com website. I'm just wondering if you think it looks good or not. My wife was asking for one. Thoughts?

It just looks like a basic centrifugal juicer. You can get similar ones for less than $100

I paid $20 for my refurbished Juiceman Jr shipped from Newegg. It is my back-up in case my Omega juice goes out. It's as good as any other centrifugal juicer as I have had.

The main things about these juicers is how easy they are to clean and if the pulp is reasonably dry after extraction. It should have a powerful motor and a good warranty - at least 3 years (my Omega is warrantied for 20 years).

One of the reviews on it is awful. It should be easy to clean and you should not have to stop using it until you are completely done juicing (as it ejects the pulp). Leafy greens are hard to juice in this kind of juicer and they usually have to be put in together with harder veggies (like beet leaves needing to go into the juicer simultaneously with the root).

The thing about fast spinning blades is that they oxidize the juice and it spoils rapidly. You need to drink it within 10 minutes or so of juicing it. Any fresh juice is better than not drinking fresh juice.

Hmm too bad. So you think it sucks? Not even worth $30?

(01-05-2017, 10:44 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Hmm too bad.  So you think it sucks?  Not even worth $30?

No idea.

If that review is correct, it's a PitA to use. Perhaps the user hasn't any clue about using a juicer.

You will have to try it for yourself to see. What kind of juice are you going to make?

(01-05-2017, 10:53 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 10:44 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Hmm too bad.  So you think it sucks?  Not even worth $30?

No idea.

If that review is correct, it's a PitA to use.  Perhaps the user hasn't any clue about using a juicer.  

You will have to try it for yourself to see. What kind of juice are you going to make?

I'm not sure. My wife is the one who wanted it. Do you have any suggestions?

IIRC the good masticating juicer that I saw at Amazon.ca cost over $200 and that was the sale price. I guess for the sake of $30 we will see if we will actually make use of one and if we want a better one we can just upgrade down the line, I guess. It's hard to believe it's that terrible, though, when the MSRP is $400CAD. We will see. I am waiting until my MIR is approved before I open it and use it. It's a $100 so I'm not taking any chances. If the MIR gets denied I will just return it.

(01-05-2017, 11:15 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 10:53 PM)apoppin Wrote:

No idea.

If that review is correct, it's a PitA to use.  Perhaps the user hasn't any clue about using a juicer.  

I'm not sure.  My wife is the one who wanted it.  Do you have any suggestions?

IIRC the good masticating juicer that I saw at Amazon.ca cost over $200 and that was the sale price.  I guess for the sake of $30 we will see if we will actually make use of one and if we want a better one we can just upgrade down the line, I guess.  It's hard to believe it's that terrible, though, when the MSRP is $400CAD.  We will see.  I am waiting until my MIR is approved before I open it and use it.  It's a $100 so I'm not taking any chances.  If the MIR gets denied I will just return it.

Yes, try it. A lot of people buy expensive juicers but then don't use them after they realize it takes a commitment and time to make juice. If you really like it, then you can buy a better juicer.

Yup that's the plan. One of the people on my hot deal forum just opened up theirs and tried it out and they really liked it. We will see. Hopefully it won't take long to be approved on the rebate. I will let you know how it goes.

Yes, I am curious what you think of making and drinking fresh juice. My favorite juice is apple ... followed by carrot juice.

Of course, there are also great combinations. But juicing takes a time commitment. And for $30 you will get a great introduction to it. If you decide to get a better juicer, you can always keep this one as a back up or pass it on to friends.

Yeah it looks very time intensive, especially the cleaning. I'm sure my wife will enjoy it, she is very health conscious.