• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *7* .. & report issues here
(11-08-2016, 09:31 PM)SickBeast Wrote: That sounds like an interesting article. The fury x never could match the gtx 980 Ti and I highly doubt newer drivers will close the gap. We will see. People seem to be of the belief that AMD cards do better as they age with more driver performance increases. Maybe nvidia just gets it right from the start whereas AMD figures it out as they go along.

Look at it this way, AMD keeps the Fury X as their flagship while Nvidia goes through at least two architectures and 3 flagships. At this point, the TITAN X, the GTX 1080, the GTX 1070 and probably the GTX 980 Ti are faster than the Fury X.

Fury X is still held back by having only 4GB of vRAM at the higher resolutions. It will be interesting to see how the newer games play on it now compared with the GTX 980 Ti.
4gb is not enough for a card of that caliber. I expect you to see issues at 4k resolution. Try hitman, it seems to be affected by low VRAM. Tomb raider as well.
(11-08-2016, 09:50 PM)SickBeast Wrote: 4gb is not enough for a card of that caliber. I expect you to see issues at 4k resolution. Try hitman, it seems to be affected by low VRAM. Tomb raider as well.

Well, Hitman is particularly well-optimized for AMD cards. I'd say Assassin's Creed Syndicate and GTA V will be the prime examples of where Fury's vRAM will get strained.

I'll post Cloud Stinger headset this week and will begin working on this review right afterward.

I'm enjoying my little "vacation" right now.
;)
Well Dave did not give Rollo a vacation even though he moderated gstanford for no reason. Rollo with mod powers, what a great idea, right? Now you know the latest from ABT. :)

I'm glad you did not have a vacation at the same time as Rollo. That would be messy.
Dave's keeping an eye on Rollo, no need to worry.
(11-08-2016, 11:16 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Well Dave did not give Rollo a vacation even though he moderated gstanford for no reason. Rollo with mod powers, what a great idea, right? Now you know the latest from ABT. :)

I'm glad you did not have a vacation at the same time as Rollo. That would be messy.

Personally, I think that ABT and Dave deserve Rollo. He just fits in there really well - especially as a moderator
:D

Technically, I am not on vacation ... I just keep telling myself it is
:-/

(11-08-2016, 11:25 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Dave's keeping an eye on Rollo, no need to worry.
Both eyes, no doubt. ABT is a pretty small forum.
I have to say that I am finally impressed (again, after years) with a Call of Duty Single Player campaign.

Infinite Warfare is good! It has a story and tons of action but it isn't stupid like the last few. Definitely in the realm of decent Sci-Fi.
Cool

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (Redux) which can be got on the Humble Bundle, is a spectacular looking - and demanding - Unreal Engine 4 game. Gets down to mid 30s fps on a Titan XP at 3440x1440. Detective story. Very interesting so far.

In other news, Tom Clancy's The Division just got a DX12 patch. I'll be benching it in DX 12 now as the 6th DX12 game (out of 25). BF1 will be the 7th and Civ 6 the 8th after they are patched.
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/softwar...rectx_12/1
I posted Andy's blog early while I was listening to Jensen's conference call regarding Nvidia's earnings
http://www.babeltechreviews.com/vr-filmmaking/

It's good.

And I finished the Vanishing of Ethan Carter and enjoyed it thoroughly. Although I am still on vacation, I played with the Cloud Stinger headset enough to post a review - tomorrow or at the weekend.

I will play CoD IW and Titanfall 2 next ... then I'll get back to work. So far, a good "vacation" away from the usual grind
Cool
Sounds good. :)

I'm glad that the weekend is almost here.
So, how does a Geforce 1050 Ti compare to a GTX 670?

I'd like to replace the 670 with a card that has more framebuffer. 2gb is getting squeezy nowadays, otherwise the card still holds up remarkably well imo.

MSAA performance isn't critical given that modern Bethesda engines use TXAA and MSAA (and most other games are going that way too).

1080p is what I'd be running the card at.