• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *7* .. & report issues here
It's time for a new thread. The old one ended at 70 pages and you may feel free to refer to it if you wish or C&P anything from it that you like for further discussion:
http://www.babeltechreviews.com/communit...hp?tid=704&pid=11144#pid11144

Here's a quick recap of the last 5 pages:  We discussed why the GTX 1050 Ti is not a competitor to the RX 470, and then moved into a metaphysical discussion.

I am also going to play 3 new games this weekend and add them to my benching suite - BF1, Titanfall 2 and CoD6.  That makes 31 games so I plan to drop 6 games
--I'll drop these >>>>Mad Max, Alien Isolation, Project Cars, Batman AK, Dying Light, and Dragon's Age Inquisition. Agreed or disagree, please LMK.

These are the games I plan to benchmark regularly:

DX11
  • Crysis 3
  • Metro: Last Light Redux (2014)
  • Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • the Witcher 3
  • Fallout 4
  • Star Wars Battlefront
  • Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
  • Just Cause 3
  • Rainbow Six Siege
  • DiRT Rally
  • Far Cry Primal
  • Tom Clancy’s The Division
  • Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
  • Deus Ex Mankind Divided
  • Shadow Warrior 2
  • Civilization VI
  • Titanfall 2
  • BF1
  • CoD6

DX12 Games
  • Ashes of the Singularity
  • Hitman
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Total War: Warhammer
  • Gears of War 4

Also, my last scheduled review is due Monday - the HyperX Cloud Stinger headset (which I will evaluate while playing games and critically listening to music this weekend).  After that ... who knows?  Probably I will start benching for a new driver performance analysis.
:-/
Quote:Sure he might win. The USA will have elected a con man if he does become president.

We survived Bush ... we should be able to survive Trump's 4 years. The Democrats will adopt the same policies that the Republicans have adopted for the past 8 years - they will block him at every turn. And Hillary won't be much better if she wins. This is the worst choice for president that I can remember.

And it it all ends, humanity gets what it deserved. Just remember, the entire damn thing is a simulation. AI has already won.
undefined
You said it. I don't think any fears about Trump are as warranted as people think they are. Not that he's a good option, and not that I wouldn't instead vote for a past President if they came back from the dead, ran again, and could avoid that pesky 22nd Amendment.
(11-05-2016, 10:51 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote:
Quote:Sure he might win. The USA will have elected a con man if he does become president.

We survived Bush ... we should be able to survive Trump's 4 years. The Democrats will adopt the same policies that the Republicans have adopted for the past 8 years - they will block him at every turn. And Hillary won't be much better if she wins. This is the worst choice for president that I can remember.

And it it all ends, humanity gets what it deserved. Just remember, the entire damn thing is a simulation. AI has already won.
undefined
You said it. I don't think any fears about Trump are as warranted as people think they are. Not that he's a good option, and not that I wouldn't instead vote for a past President if they came back from the dead, ran again, and could avoid that pesky 22nd Amendment.
Look at what has happened in Great Britain due to their Brexit referendum. The same thing will happen to the USA under Trump, only worse. Look at how much their currency has devalued. The US dollar is already dropping quite a bit just because investors are worried that he has a good chance of winning the election. He is a trade protectionist and that is never good for the economy as a whole. Things will be very bad for the USA under Donald Trump. It will be much worse than things ever were with George W. Bush. I'm surprised you guys could possibly find someone worse than Bush. He was horrible.
Great Britain will survive. Their Island will not sink. The US will also survive 4 years of Trump. It may be bad, but the USA has managed to survive for nearly 250 years; Britain much longer, including 2 world wars, a great depression & recession, and near nuclear war when things were dark indeed.
Well yes, your survival is assured. However your prosperity is not.
(11-06-2016, 04:05 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Well yes, your survival is assured.  However your prosperity is not.

Not assured. And the prosperity of the world is tied largely to the USA. Everyone is pretty much in the same boat.
Well here in Canada we are particularly tied to the USA and without NAFTA we are going to have a very big problem up here. We will probably wind up finding ways to redirect all our trade to Europe and China. Which will end up hurting the USA in the long run and we might come out ok in the end. The initial damage is going to be really bad though. Our biggest export is our oil and the USA is our biggest market for that. We would need new infrastructure to export it all elsewhere.
What will Trump actually be able to accomplish in his 4 years of office - assuming he isn't impeached?
That's a good question. You guys have a strange system whereby congress seems to be able to block pretty much anything the president wants to do.
Exactly. There are checks and balances still in place. Obama couldn't accomplish all he wanted even though the Democrats had the majority of both houses. Bush couldn't even completely wreck America's economy until his second term.

4 years may be doable.

What if Hillary wins? She has her own agenda that about half of the country dislikes.

There will be long term effects most likely from Supreme Court appointments