• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR *6* .. & report issues here
True. I just don't think God created us as part of a simulation. I think there is a deeper meaning behind it that we do not understand (yet). Perhaps everything will become clear when we die. It's quite the mystery. A lot of people dedicate a significant portion of their life to this deeper meaning. I have found the various religions to be flawed for a variety of reasons, personally. Perhaps one of them is indeed "right", however I believe that even if one of them is indeed more or less correct, I don't think that as humans we really properly understand the message as God intended. I don't believe in the persecution of homosexuals. I don't believe that any true religion condones the killing of infidels. Unfortunately with that statement alone you can basically disregard the two largest religions on earth. I am still a Christian in terms of my beliefs overall, however I have some serious issues with some of the things the Bible says and I cannot in my heart believe those things. Unfortunately that also takes away from the entire message for me. If parts of it are untrue, then what about the rest?
(11-05-2016, 07:11 PM)SickBeast Wrote: True.  I just don't think God created us as part of a simulation.  I think there is a deeper meaning behind it that we do not understand (yet).  Perhaps everything will become clear when we die.  It's quite the mystery.  A lot of people dedicate a significant portion of their life to this deeper meaning.  I have found the various religions to be flawed for a variety of reasons, personally.  Perhaps one of them is indeed "right", however I believe that even if one of them is indeed more or less correct, I don't think that as humans we really properly understand the message as God intended.  I don't believe in the persecution of homosexuals.  I don't believe that any true religion condones the killing of infidels.  Unfortunately with that statement alone you can basically disregard the two largest religions on earth.  I am still a Christian in terms of my beliefs overall, however I have some serious issues with some of the things the Bible says and I cannot in my heart believe those things.  Unfortunately that also takes away from the entire message for me.  If parts of it are untrue, then what about the rest?

Why not a simulation? What else would an energy being (a god) do?

My belief is that there isn't one true religion. Just some things that are right and common in most of them (love your neighbor). It is up to us to find the clues and put it together for ourselves.

The Bible was originally the religious document of the Jews. To believe that every letter is the "word" of god is to believe that they had no motive to set themselves apart from other humans as "special" - which they did and their own book admits. Clearly parts of it are completely wrong.
(11-05-2016, 07:17 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(11-05-2016, 07:11 PM)SickBeast Wrote: True.  I just don't think God created us as part of a simulation.  I think there is a deeper meaning behind it that we do not understand (yet).  Perhaps everything will become clear when we die.  It's quite the mystery.  A lot of people dedicate a significant portion of their life to this deeper meaning.  I have found the various religions to be flawed for a variety of reasons, personally.  Perhaps one of them is indeed "right", however I believe that even if one of them is indeed more or less correct, I don't think that as humans we really properly understand the message as God intended.  I don't believe in the persecution of homosexuals.  I don't believe that any true religion condones the killing of infidels.  Unfortunately with that statement alone you can basically disregard the two largest religions on earth.  I am still a Christian in terms of my beliefs overall, however I have some serious issues with some of the things the Bible says and I cannot in my heart believe those things.  Unfortunately that also takes away from the entire message for me.  If parts of it are untrue, then what about the rest?

Why not a simulation?  What else would an energy being (a god) do?  

My belief is that there isn't one true religion.  Just some things that are right in most of them. It is up to us to find the clues and put it together for ourselves.  

The Bible was originally the religious document of the Jews.  To believe that every letter is the "word" of god is to believe that they had no motive to set themselves apart from other humans as "special" - which they did and their own book admits.  Clearly parts of it are completely wrong.

Well then you get Muslim people jumping all over this, saying that the Bible is flawed and that the Koran is 100% accurate and the direct word of God. But then you see in their religion that many of their believers basically legitimize rape, saying that the wife must "obey" the husband and have sex with them whenever they want. There's also the whole Jihad thing. I also don't understand the fasting. You see the suffering the Muslims go through when they fast and I just simply do not understand it whatsoever. Why would God create us to suffer like that?

If you look at all the wars, death, misery, and disdain that has been caused by various religions around the world, then it makes no sense that any true, caring, and loving God would have created any of them in the form that we currently see them in our world today. I'm sure there is a grain of truth to at least one of them, however I feel that as humans we fail to properly understand any of them. And I absolutely refuse to bend over backwards and revolve my entire life around something that some ancient book says just because someone wrote it, claiming to be a prophet. I mean, can you not see the motivation in doing that way back then? Perhaps they did it for the fame and fortune. They could very easily have been con men.
Well, I am going to agree with you. These books of religion are all flawed. But you should not toss them in the trash as some of what they say is quite true and useful - and common to all of them. There is a common grain of truth in all of them.
--They all stress that for humans to get along and to prosper, the main law to obey is the Law of Love.

Heck, even the Beatles got it right
--"All you need is love"

Take that simple grain of truth and grow it .... at least in your own life.
--Everything else is BS.

BtW, fasting has its health benefits ... but to mandate it as universal is ridiculous.
;)
Yup we agree. Except I don't think we are part of a simulation. I think we were created for a reason that we do not understand. And I think God has left that up to fate. Our world is the real deal IMO.
(11-05-2016, 07:34 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Yup we agree.  Except I don't think we are part of a simulation.  I think we were created for a reason that we do not understand.  And I think God has left that up to fate.  Our world is the real deal IMO.

It may be the "real deal" (to us), but it is still a sim. This framework has been here a long time and evidently it has been used before .... I am thinking it is getting near to being rebooted again, and perhaps upgraded. If so, your own AI may have a future use.

Angel
LOL

I do hope my AI continues to be useful. :)

Yours as well, you have great AI. :D

Angel Angel Angel
Thanks. It is comforting to believe in a better future. This system is broken beyond repair.
70 pages .... it's time to close it and start a new thread.

Feel free to C&P anything from this thread and refer back to it if you choose.

Here is the new thread:
http://www.babeltechreviews.com/communit...hp?tid=731