• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR .. and report issues here
It seems to be working, let me test it.

Test.

Yes it's working; that might have even been only 10 seconds between posts.
Good.  Thanks for reporting issues.  They may take some time to fix.  I have a long list and there are a lot of other content-related things to produce first.  I backed up the db last night and optimized the files, and now I am working on my 4K presentation  
Blush
You're welcome. Everything has been running great so far. You're doing a great job. I look forward to more articles and the 4k reviews along with FCAT. The R390X will be cool as well when it comes out. I hope that the leaks were accurate.
(02-21-2015, 07:13 PM)SickBeast Wrote: You're welcome. Everything has been running great so far.  You're doing a great job.  I look forward to more articles and the 4k reviews along with FCAT.  The R390X will be cool as well when it comes out.  I hope that the leaks were accurate.
I second this. Keep up the good work.
Thank-you.

I am looking forward to what you are looking forward to!
Why is the site so slow/unresponsive lately? At least as bad as ABT used to get.
Not for me.
No issues here.

Early in the mornings I noticed there are some slowdowns with the host when they are doing maintenance.

I have the dbs of the forum and the main site optimized. Of course, I am on shared hosting, so please report issues like this that I can take to my host.
maybe I just hit the maintenance period or something. I wasn't even sure that my post above had actaully posted. BTR just froze doing nothing, waited 5 mins, it was late at night and I shutdown and went to bed. No other sites including ABT & ArsTechnica were slow or non-responsive for me, so while it *could* be a geo-physical internet issue for me I doubt it because other sites just as distant were giving no trouble.
Yep. I have seen this before as you describe. It's usually longest on Sunday mornings but it is every day for a few minutes. Everything site-related becomes unresponsive (after a slowdown) and I cannot even access my control panel which tells me it is server-side.

Then everything comes back to normal and sometimes it is even more responsive.