• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR .. and report issues here
Yes, I saw the option to change themes on the forum index page, but it only had default & Square in there. A selection of themes would be great, I always liked ABT's aeroblue.
(01-07-2015, 07:57 PM)admin Wrote: Remember when we were going to install alternative themes on ABT and allow the user to freely switch through them?

Ya well that fell through when we realized the feature was broken on phpbb3. 

I can install multiple themes and if you notice on the bottom right there is an option to change the current theme in myBB. 

Do you see this? 

Me and Mark can look them over and install the ones we think are good for BTRC  :idea:

-z

The current theme can always be left as one choice amongst many. Choice is good.
(01-07-2015, 11:00 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I'm having no issues at all with the theme and I actually quite like it.  IMO we should leave well enough alone.  Things seem to be working really well on this forum.

I'm using Chrome if that makes any difference.
Yeah, AeroBlue is one of my favorite themes of all time. AeroBlack would be nice too.
I am not so sure that Babel TechReviews is going to be fancy-schmancy like ABT is.  We are more serious here and the emphasis should be on the discussion, not the frills, so much.

Perhaps later on.  When there is an income from advertising, I will be glad to spend money on improvements - like on software upgrades and on paying a more full-time web master who can spend a lot of time implementing your suggestions.  In the meantime, the purpose of BTR is so that I can concentrate on Creating Content without worrying about a crappy host shutting us down.  There was way too much down time at ABT.  

I think there might be some improvements and maybe one major addition here this weekend; however, I am really behind the gun with my latest surprise mystery review and I am going to concentrate on that.  Then the GALAX 970 EXOC, SLI v CF and maybe 2GB v 4GB.
Oh wait, phpBB themes aren't compatible with MyBB. Ah well. Here are some nice themes to think about later: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=48 http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=114
I don't like to complain but I really don't like the one minute timer in between posts. I can often type a second post much faster than that. Now I'm stuck waiting for the silly thing. I really don't like it. Can we maybe reduce it to 30 seconds?
What one minute timer?

I'll check into it. Something is probably left set at default . . . I have no idea where to look ...
Blush
(01-20-2015, 08:22 PM)apoppin Wrote: What one minute timer?

I'll check into it. Something is probably left set at default . . . I have no idea where to look ...
Blush
Ok thanks very much.
I notice that the "latest activity" panel on the main forum page is completely empty. It was working before and I really liked it. I'm using Chrome if that makes any difference.
It always starts off empty until you visit a topic and then go back to the index page. Does it to me in firefox too.
Or just start off with the community Index so you always see the latest activity

http://www.babeltechreviews.com/community/index.php

And now I have to ask, What's happening at ABT?"

The old forum is dead, the new one is up and active but no one can log in; I gave Dave suggestions to get some help with it ... and it is still hanging.
:(