• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR .. and report issues here
(01-03-2015, 08:36 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I'm really starting to think that if you host the site yourself on a computer you have built with a good internet connection you would be fine. It's a shame you are stuck on satellite. It seems like the hosts don't have enough ram or cpu power. I'm pretty sure that anandtech always built their own servers and they probably still do this today.

Why?  Just because Dave has no luck with hosts doen't mean I am going to have issues.  Dave doesn't want to spend a nickel if he doesn't have to.  He also didn't bother with any research into HostHator nor MadGebius (an Internet friend of his).  And the first host that he speaks so well of that we had in Indonesia was a totally garbage host that really was 3rd world. I hated every single host we were on. BlueHost is a well-reviewed host that doesn't appear to buy their positive reviews like HostHater does.

I am willing to put some money into BTR if necessary. And I don't tolerate downtime like Dave does.

We think very differently.
Alien + Babel Tech  

Here you will finally see my personality fully expressed as I don't have to ask anyone for permission to do anything now.
Angel

Well.
:D

And don't worry about moderation here.  It only exists for trolls, shills, and spammers.
I appreciate that about the mods. I'm pretty sensitive about it after all the shenanigans at anandtech. I think things will be great here.
(01-04-2015, 12:27 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I appreciate that about the mods. I'm pretty sensitive about it after all the shenanigans at anandtech. I think things will be great here.

Why not?  You have known me for years ... why should moderation change and get worse here?  I dislike the same things that you dislike at ATF.
Huh
(01-04-2015, 02:04 AM)admin Wrote:
(01-04-2015, 12:27 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I appreciate that about the mods. I'm pretty sensitive about it after all the shenanigans at anandtech. I think things will be great here.

Why not?  You have known me for years ... why should moderation change and get worse here?  I dislike the same things that you dislike at ATF.
Huh
I don't know what it is with me and mods, I just generally don't like them. I think that people should be able to express themselves however they want. I find that generally mods tend to over react and also to respond too quickly. People can generally sort things out themselves.
If you - or anyone else - has problems with the moderation here, LMK.

I will fine-tune its AI subroutines 
Cool
Ok. :)
Are there going to be alternative forum themes here?

The font the current theme uses does my head in.

Check out the "BTR" word in the image below, specifically the tops of the letters - it's all uneven and drives me crazy.

[Image: BTR_Font.png]

A small nitpick to be sure but one that I notice since I work with text a lot and dislike weird fonts.

Another example below - look at the word "FREE"

[Image: BTR_Font1.png]
No alternate user themes are available for MyBB AFAIK. This is the same forum SW that Dave is looking at for ABT. There are a couple of themes that change the look for everyone. I'll look into changing it and what effect on the fonts there will be.

Thanks for the constructive nitpick!
:)
Remember when we were going to install alternative themes on ABT and allow the user to freely switch through them?

Ya well that fell through when we realized the feature was broken on phpbb3. 

I can install multiple themes and if you notice on the bottom right there is an option to change the current theme in myBB. 

Do you see this? 

Me and Mark can look them over and install the ones we think are good for BTRC  :idea:

-z
I'm having no issues at all with the theme and I actually quite like it.  IMO we should leave well enough alone.  Things seem to be working really well on this forum.

I'm using Chrome if that makes any difference.