• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR .. and report issues here
It appears that BTR is up and running OK. Tapatalk should be working for the forums and there is a new gaming category.

The articles that were lost at ABT are first being restored here - some of them like Shadows of Mordor are being updated. There is also a completely rewritten article going up today that adds thermal measurements to "Hands on with Nvidia's new SLI Bridges". I am also writing Devil's Canyon review now. It's a big one and takes some serious time. In the meantime, I'll post an unboxing of the GALAX GTX 970 EXOC. Then it's on to benching it against the 290X and then 290X CF vs 980 SLI. ... and I should make it to CES this year for one day.

Please LMK about bugs you encounter and any issues you may find with the workings of BTR's main site and Community. As soon as I can, I will also work to restore posts that were lost at ABT and work to bring that site back up to date.
Everything seems to be working perfectly. I'm very impressed with what you guys have done so ABT is also coming back online. Great job guys!

Ok so the one thing that I noticed is that it says "fill me out please" several times at the bottom left of the screen where it says "about".
(12-31-2014, 07:01 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Everything seems to be working perfectly. I'm very impressed with what you guys have done so ABT is also coming back online. Great job guys!

Ok so the one thing that I noticed is that it says "fill me out please" several times at the bottom left of the screen where it says "about".

Yes, it is my job to post an About page.  It has to be an image or I will get spammed to hellnback.  All of these little details are going to be done over the next few days, my health permitting.  My blood pressure was good for 6 months and then went out of control again yesterday to almost 200/100!! 
  :(
It couldn't be stress.

Anyway, I'm working to fix the two articles that are published largely without images, and they need to be updated also, I am working on a GALAX GTX 970 EXOC unboxing, I have to rewrite the "hands on with SLI bridges" to include thermal measurements with and without the backplate, AND I have that massive article on Z77>Z87>Z97 with Devil's Canyon to write and publish.  Then HyperX Cloud, finally SHIELD tablet

And don't forget CES - I am going for one day next week.  AND THEN I have to work on restoring articles for ABT once Dave gets back to me on ABT's direction.  FINALLY, I have new benching with GTX 970 EXOC, and GTX 980 SLI vs. 290X 

SO .. if you don't see me posting at ABT forum for awhile, it's because I am a little busy
Angel
I hope your blood pressure comes down. Try not to do too much if you are under that much pressure.
Actually sitting and typing is a good distraction.  I just remember to get up very often and move .. and to breathe deeply and exhale deeply.

My BP is very slowly dropping to better .... 133/82.  High normal.  The doctors say it cannot happen quickly without meds but they are wrong.  My diet has been ratcheted up to "extreme" so that it is not extreme again in the morning. I have to make it to my Monday acupuncture appointment.  

I am using Herbs (garlic/ginger), herb teas (for anti-stress), bio feedback including breathing exercises, and vitamins, and CoQ10.  Very hot showers help and I will be getting cayenne and cranberries for a kidney cleanse.  These are all of the things that my dad refused to do - but then he hated his retirement and didn't make it to 64, while I am loving mine.  So we'll see.  I have had a great life full of adventure (for several lives) and I'd like to give back now.

At any rate, if I am successful, you will see a lot more articles come up very quickly.  BTR will gain a library.
I'm pretty sure that my blood pressure has dropped since I changed my diet. Good luck getting your articles up and running.
(01-01-2015, 08:57 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I'm pretty sure that my blood pressure has dropped since I changed my diet. Good luck getting your articles up and running.

Thank-you. And mine has already dropped.  My BP is strange compared to most, and it peaks when I wake up (it's what wakes me up).  Yesterday, I woke up with 189/96 which is dangerous; and it dropped all through the day.  This morning was 132/87 which is high, but not dangerous.  By this afternoon, it is stable at 120/70 (my formerly normal BP).

However, the swings are tiring.  I am going to hoping to see my acupuncture doctor on Monday; I have an appointment for the afternoon.  It's been a year since I had a treatment, and he has just returned from a 6 month vacation in China.  Last time this happened a full year ago, one treatment fixed it!

All of the articles that are up should be fully updated by tomorrow and there should also be a brand-new(ly reworked) evaluation up also.
Just as a note, the forums are slow for me right now. Really slow. It's taking at least 20 seconds to load up a thread or to post a message.
(01-03-2015, 06:01 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Just as a note, the forums are slow for me right now. Really slow. It's taking at least 20 seconds to load up a thread or to post a message.

Yes, it happened to me also before midnight PST.  It was frustrating and I went to sleep.

If necessary, I have no problem paying for VPS hosting - even before our traffic increases.  BTR is not going to follow down ABT's path.
;)

There are 8 articles and blogs on BTR today.  All of them are fully updated (except for 2 images for SoM).  That is a pretty small library, so it is going to take awhile to build it.  Restoring older articles and the archived library of my articles from ABT will really help, but the main thing is for me to go forward with many more interesting articles.

The unboxing of the GALAX GTX 970 is due next.  Then I have to spend a full day writing the Big Devil's Canyon evaluation.  Then it is head to CES time just for one day.  And then back to writing ... writing .. benching ... and more writing
:)

I replied to your comment about Shadows of Mordor not loading images on mobile.  Perhaps it had to do with the slow loading last night.  They are loading now fine for me on my Shield.  

The site is up to date and mostly running OK.  Now for more new content and updated articles! Andy's blog is up (about Apple) and soon the articles and news will post directly to the forum.
http://www.babeltechreviews.com/apple-scores/
I'm really starting to think that if you host the site yourself on a computer you have built with a good internet connection you would be fine. It's a shame you are stuck on satellite. It seems like the hosts don't have enough ram or cpu power. I'm pretty sure that anandtech always built their own servers and they probably still do this today.