• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enter to Win HERE - BTR's July Contest [Updated]
Well if the RX480 can hit ~1500mhz, it will be competitive with the GTX 1060. Yes the power consumption will be high but it's still acceptable for that level of performance. It's about on par with a GTX 970. Yes, that's bad considering it's on a 14nm chip, but most gamers aren't going to care about an extra 50 watts. It's the heat that will be the bigger problem. I really don't think the aftermarket cards will hit speeds that high though, unless they have made some kind of breakthrough by channeling all the power through the cables rather than the PCI-E slot. I will believe it when I see it and I don't have my hopes up at this point. The best people have done with the reference cards is 1390mhz and that's with pretty good water cooling. I just can't see the aftermarket cards hitting 100mhz+ beyond that speed. The aftermarket cooling will not be as good as water cooling. Their only hope is via the improved power delivery, if that even makes any difference. It's disappointing to not see the aftermarket cards by now as well. I wonder why there is such a delay.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enter to Win HERE - BTR's July Contest [Updated] - by SickBeast - 07-18-2016, 04:54 PM