• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enter to Win HERE - BTR's July Contest [Updated]
(07-17-2016, 02:38 PM)happy medium Wrote: When is the deadline to change your score in eastern standard time?
7pm?
Aha. "the price is right" strategy
:D

http://www.babeltechreviews.com/btrs-jul...y-members/
Quote:ending July 18th at 11 PM PDT.

8 PM ET Monday night (I think?)
Are we disqualified if we go over??
No. Closest wins. If there is a tie - i.e. 2 members pick the same winning number - then a computer program will pick the Winner/runner up (luck).
updated guess is 6,920
Can we just edit our post to update our guess? I have changed mine to 6800.
(07-18-2016, 02:49 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Can we just edit our post to update our guess?  I have changed mine to 6800.

Either way is fine. There aren't that many contestants for me to look at. I will just look at the latest guess and use that one.

After I lock the contest thread, I will post the guesses. If there are any discrepancies, you can PM me.

BtW, I am done with benching - except that I messed up Just Cause 3 settings and am rebenching that game (while adding Time Spy and Doom Vulkan results to all of the cards)
Blush

I am actually writing the article now ... and will finally get overclocking results this afternoon for the GTX 1060 ... so I won't know until this evening.
Sounds good. :)

With the latest drivers it looks like the RX480 and GTX 1060 are going to be more of an even match than I expected. It's all going to come down to overclocking IMO.
If it comes down to overclocking, the reference 480 doesn't :P

It will depend on the aftermarket versions, but then power draw will go way above 150W
Well if the RX480 can hit ~1500mhz, it will be competitive with the GTX 1060. Yes the power consumption will be high but it's still acceptable for that level of performance. It's about on par with a GTX 970. Yes, that's bad considering it's on a 14nm chip, but most gamers aren't going to care about an extra 50 watts. It's the heat that will be the bigger problem. I really don't think the aftermarket cards will hit speeds that high though, unless they have made some kind of breakthrough by channeling all the power through the cables rather than the PCI-E slot. I will believe it when I see it and I don't have my hopes up at this point. The best people have done with the reference cards is 1390mhz and that's with pretty good water cooling. I just can't see the aftermarket cards hitting 100mhz+ beyond that speed. The aftermarket cooling will not be as good as water cooling. Their only hope is via the improved power delivery, if that even makes any difference. It's disappointing to not see the aftermarket cards by now as well. I wonder why there is such a delay.
(07-18-2016, 04:54 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Well if the RX480 can hit ~1500mhz, it will be competitive with the GTX 1060.

How far can the GTX 1060 overclock? If it overclocks 15-20% it will maintain the same gap it does stock to stock right now. And it will maintain the same electricity savings advantage.
;)

Clearly the delay with the AIB 480s is because of a supply issue with the GPUs. The reference versions are really hard to find. I guess I was lucky to get one at all.
:(