• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New BTR Contest (07/07)
Thanks, and happy July 5th.

The contest will tentatively start on July 7 (Thursday afternoon)

I want to hear from the other active members also please. Otherwise it is still tentative and I will probably get ridiculously busy again ... so who knows how long it could be postponed for.
:-/

Let's really have a contest! Choice of AAA game under $60 to the winner with a runner-up prize also. But we want a little publicity this time - and please don't leave it all to someone else. It is in everyone's best interest that we grow BTR's community. And Kingston is in for sponsoring bigger prizes in subsequent contests ... we can grow!
Cool
Come on guys let's all come out of the woodwork! I know you're out there! :D
(07-06-2016, 02:34 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Come on guys let's all come out of the woodwork!  I know you're out there! :D

Are none of our members (besides 2 of us) interested in this contest? Shall we just not bother with it - or start it on Thursday (tomorrow)?

It's up to you! BTR is your community!
What's up,I'm working but Interested.
So the contest question is 1060 price and performance ?
Give me the low down.....whats up?
(07-06-2016, 06:27 PM)happy medium Wrote: What's up,I'm working but  Interested.

I working too .... and finished with Doom
Dodgy

I don't like it. Too dark, no flashlight, too easy to get lost in the maze (I am literally stumbling on secrets but don't want to see the walkthrough) ... and frankly, it's not too interesting .. I am not motivated to complete it - not even with the chainsaw. But my original benchmark is close enough at 58 fps average. Worst case I found so far (after a few hours) is 56-57 fps average for GTX 1080. Close enough for R n'R.

rant over/

Oh yeah ... the contest
Blush

Yes, if you are interested in the contest, we will have it tomorrow. I think that I should ask for a very specific set of performance/price questions to see who is closest. And the winner will be decided after the reviews are posted.

Definitely check back after tomorrow AM. There should be some news ... and then shortly afterward, I'll post the contest rules

What do you think of that? I'd like to hear from other members too.
That sounds great! It would be nice if more people came out of the woodwork.

I will do what I can to promote the contest on RFD and ATF.

Tomorrow I will be quite busy though in the morning. I have to take my daughter to the doctor and then I have to go in to work. I should be around in the afternoon hopefully depending on how things go at work.
Tomorrow afternoon is fine to post to those 2 forums, but if you have time, check here in the morning.
;)
(07-06-2016, 06:34 PM)apoppin Wrote:
(07-06-2016, 06:27 PM)happy medium Wrote: What's up,I'm working but  Interested.

I working too .... and finished with Doom
Dodgy

I don't like it.  Too dark, no flashlight, too easy to get lost in the maze (I am literally stumbling on secrets but don't want to see the walkthrough)  ... and frankly, it's not too interesting .. I am not motivated to complete it - not even with the chainsaw.  But my original benchmark is close enough at 58 fps average.  Worst case I found so far (after a few hours) is 56-57 fps average for GTX 1080.  Close enough for R n'R.

rant over/

Oh yeah ... the contest
Blush

Yes, if you are interested in the contest, we will have it tomorrow. I think that I should ask for a very specific set of performance/price questions to see who is closest.  And the winner will be decided after the reviews are posted.

Definitely check back after tomorrow AM.  There should be some news ... and then shortly afterward, I'll post the contest rules

What do you think of that?  I'd like to hear from other members too.

sounds good to me.......

I finished the 2013 Tomb raider and I really liked it.
Sorry to here about Doom. Just from watching videos it seemed very shoot, kill and repeat. I don't like games like that. I'll be buying rise of the tomb raider next, have you played it?
Currently bidding on a gtx 980 HOF edition.:) to play it.
If you like 2013 TR, you will probably like RotR which is very similar. I never finished either of them, the QTEs annoy me to no end (as does the "plot"). The 2nd one has less QTEs, I think.

I actually liked Doom3 better than 2016. I finished 3. I cannot imagine finishing the latest without a walk-through - and that just sucks what little fun there is out of it for me.

980 HOF is a very nice card! How much do you expect to pay for it?
"""980 HOF is a very nice card! How much do you expect to pay for it? """

~$320.00, brand new. I'll glady overpay for a video card if it has all the bells and whistles to play with overclocking.
Last I checked Newegg had a brand new Msi gtx980 Armor 2x for 280$AR

If the 1060 can overclock , I wont buy the 980.
I don't know Apoppin , I just like to play with my hardware............god that came out wrong. :)

I'm up to 1563 stable with my gtx960@ 51c. but I think that's all she has.
The one thing I did notice is my 960 G1 gamer responds to memory overclocking.
I'm seeing gains of 20%+ in games. It turned out to be a real nice stopgap card for 170$.
I've had it for about 10 months, it did the job well.

I wanted to ask you .......
Is the Nvidia event going to be streamed tomorrow? what time,7pm EST.?