• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR 5 .. and report issues here
It's May 1, 2016 and it is time to close the old thread after 60 pages and 5 months.

http://www.babeltechreviews.com/communit...hp?tid=508

Feel free to continue the discussion here in Part 5. Your input and suggestions are always welcomed and BTR will always be community-driven.

Here's an update. BTR is making fine progress with traffic even though very little was published last month, and it is very cool to see our articles well-received and discussed on forums all over the world. We also have gained some major respect since we broke with ABT, and our library of articles are growing.

My health is improving and I am becoming more productive again, but it a long road for me back to full energy and health.

I am working on a new benchmark analysis (16.4.2) which should be published before I leave for a very short and needed vacation this week.

Finally, I am in preliminary talks with an established company to bring a new feature to BTR community. This is a subset of my original vision for ABT, which if successful, will bring us success and popularity very quickly as we implement a unique feature not seen elsewhere.
---Of course, it may not happen. In that case, BTR will still continue to strive to become the best review site on the Internet with its primary focus on graphics and PC HW. We will add writers and reviewers as they become available to us, and will continue to maintain the highest level of professionalism and integrity.

Finally for now, our contest is still on, but it is delayed until later this month. I will work hard to get sponsorship for even better prizes.
That all sounds great! I hope you have a great vacation. Hopefully you will have some new hardware waiting for you when you get back. :)
(05-01-2016, 05:48 PM)SickBeast Wrote: That all sounds great!  I hope you have a great vacation.  Hopefully you will have some new hardware waiting for you when you get back. :)

Thank-you.

Wow, you really are optimistic, aren't you?
:D

And I hope so too. Everything Zen
Angel
Well nVidia has sent you all their major cards up until now including the Titans. So I am hopeful that they will send you the GTX 1080 and 1070 to be reviewed soon. We will see. The rumors could be completely wrong.
(05-01-2016, 06:30 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Well nVidia has sent you all their major cards up until now including the Titans.  So I am hopeful that they will send you the GTX 1080 and 1070 to be reviewed soon.  We will see. ...
Yes. And they invited me to the GTC also. But there are no guarantees although I am very hopeful also. I'd love to review Pascal hardware.

Quote: . . . The rumors could be completely wrong.
That's what I mean that you are being really optimistic that they will be here when I return from vacation.

Of course, I am optimistic too. Sooner is always better than later, and it would be a great boost for BTR's traffic ranking. I haven't reviewed any new HW since last October (FuryX/390X). I have mostly been concentrating on driver performance evaluations of existing HW.
:)
New GeForce driver. WHQL 365.10. Perfect timing. I am finished benching AMD's latest and ready for another comparison!

http://www.babeltechreviews.com/new-gefo...orn-forza/

Links from the main site post above.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/article...r-released

And we are making real progress with bringing a new feature to BTR!
Cool
That's great. :)

Aren't you leaving tomorrow for your vacation?
Thursday morning. I should have the performance evaluation done before then.
Wow, that's a quick turnaround time. Good luck finishing it up!
Thanks. I got lucky. I had just finished working on AMD's latest driver released last week (16.4.2) and just as I started benching the GTX 980 Ti with the old driver, the new one dropped
Cool

I am almost done with GTX 980 Ti benching and need to bench the GTX 980. It's going to be those two cards vs Fury X and 290X - a short one. It's been a long time since I wrote a new article