• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefront Contest thread
The thing about CPU testing is that it does not need to be performed as often as video card testing.

There are regular driver updates for video cards while CPU performance is mostly constant. I will consider devoting an article just to CPU benching perhaps quarterly with my regular benchmark suite. I used to do this with each motherboard/CPU/SSD/RAM evaluation, but I have specialized in video card graphics for over a year now.

First, I want to establish BTR as the site to visit for each major driver update. Then I want to expand. And I am looking for more reviewers.
There are very good odds for any one member, so far!

Good luck to the entrants!

Mario will enter the names into a computer program which will draw the names at random tonight and I will get the Battlefront key out to the the winner tomorrow after they respond.
We will see who else comes out of the woodwork. Jaydip maybe? :)
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for another contest Apoppin!  Good luck everyone
I'm glad you entered. Contest entries end in 22 minutes at 10 PM.

I'll lock the thread and then post tomorrow at 8 AM the winner's name.

Good luck!
The winner is SickBeast.

Congratulations ... and thank-you to all who entered. We will give at least one new AAA game away next month.

SickBeast, Please email or PM me and I'll send you the key.
Woohoo! Thanks so much apoppin! I sent you an email. :)

I'm really excited to try this game out!
You are very welcome. Battlefront is a beautiful game visually and I hope you like it.

I am just sorry that there could be only one winner ... BUT we will have a new contest next month!
I just tried it out, it's a really cool game. It let me run around as Darth Vader while it continued downloading. It runs on full ultra settings and my 280x fan did not even spin up. It was pegged at 60fps the entire time. I love it when the developers optimize their games like this.
(03-28-2016, 11:15 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I just tried it out, it's a really cool game.  It let me run around as Darth Vader while it continued downloading.  It runs on full ultra settings and my 280x fan did not even spin up.  It was pegged at 60fps the entire time.  I love it when the developers optimize their games like this.

If you are basing your conclusions on running around while it is D/L'ing, you are a bit premature as there are more demanding sections. But you are correct, minimums will be in the high 50s/low 60s.

It is very well optimized.

The only thing that I don't like is that you have to be online even for single player
:-/