• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR 4 .. and report issues here
I have it finished. I am just polishing up the writing of it and adding a few more images and a couple of old charts from the 2012 GTX 680 launch article that I had to rework a little that showed their first faceoff.

I hurt my arthritic knee moving Midnight into and out of the house/patio and my leg below the knee is badly swollen. She weighs almost as much as I do! So I have to keep it elevated which is really difficult to do while typing and today has been very slow going. I can't even play TR very long.
Cry

I'll have it posted tonight as the swelling is down a little again after resting it all afternoon
Blush
Oh man! At least it wasn't worse than that. I hope you feel better!

I'm really looking forward to the article. I just read the AnandTech review of the GTX 680 and it beat the 7970 overall when it was launched. I might have to revise my prediction. I thought it was more of an even match. We will see.
(01-29-2016, 11:23 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Oh man!  At least it wasn't worse than that.  I hope you feel better!

I'm really looking forward to the article.  I just read the AnandTech review of the GTX 680 and it beat the 7970 overall when it was launched.  I might have to revise my prediction.  I thought it was more of an even match.  We will see.

Thank-you. It was pretty bad a few days ago, but the swelling will lessen now as long as I rest and elevate it for an hour or so several times a day. Being hurt kills productivity, but resting gives me a chance to heal.
Blush

What I am posting isn't much of an "article". It is mostly a very short performance evaluation pitting the GTX 680 against the HD 7970, and also the GT 770 against the 7970 GE/280X (which you saw in the chart I posted already), and within the bigger picture.
Dodgy
Well I think most people are going to be interested in the numbers. It's going to be interesting.
(01-30-2016, 12:11 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Well I think most people are going to be interested in the numbers.  It's going to be interesting.

It is unfortunate that I am a couple of days behind (only!), but I can only work so long sitting up until my leg begins to throb, then it is back on the couch with my Grados or TV watching (which happens very rarely; TV is very boring).

I hope to have it up tonight. There is only about 1-2 hours of actual work left to do to ready it for publication. If not, then tomorrow AM. I couldn't get to sleep until 2:30 AM this morning.
Sleepy
Just take your time. I wish I got to watch TV. I get to catch the odd hockey or baseball game but that's about it. My kids have taken over the TV and I can't watch basically anything with them around because they are too small.

I really hope you feel better soon. What is causing the problem? The arthritis? Or is is your muscles? I find painkillers really help but you sound like your system might be too sensitive. When I am in a lot of pain sometimes I alternate between Tylenol and Advil.
(01-30-2016, 01:13 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Just take your time.  I wish I got to watch TV.  I get to catch the odd hockey or baseball game but that's about it.  My kids have taken over the TV and I can't watch basically anything with them around because they are too small.

I really hope you feel better soon.  What is causing the problem?  The arthritis?  Or is is your muscles?  I find painkillers really help but you sound like your system might be too sensitive.  When I am in a lot of pain sometimes I alternate between Tylenol and Advil.

I hate watching TV - except for the news/weather.

The arthritis is causing the problem. Pulling in Midnight on a carpet runner, I must have strained and/or bumped the joint pretty bad.

At least the temperatures are now warm at night (50sF) and she can stay outside until Sunday night. Hopefully, I will be OK by then. I am allergic to ibuprofen and hypersensitive to aspirin. Codeine is contra-indicated for gastro-enteritis/impactions. So there isn't much I can take for pain, except herbal
Cry
That's terrible. :(

I hope you feel better soon and I hope you are able to get a good night's sleep!
Thank-you. These kind of injuries take a long time to heal properly and I am subject to re injury. However, it is easier to deal with than gastroenteritis

I am finally back to eating complex meals (shrimp, nuts, non-hot spices, etc) with decent results. So that is real progress. White Mochi rice did it (as recommended by my doctor friends in Hawaii!
Cool
That's great! It sounds like you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I really want you to tell me which card won the evaluation! :)