• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening at BTR 4 .. and report issues here
They checked references and everything. People can lie. Even our tenants are not who they claimed to be. One of them keeps getting collection notices in the mail and she has been horrible, noisy, and rude. The problem is that many people renting seem to have their issues. We have had two sets of excellent tenants and now the new ones aren't as good. At least they pay their rent. We can't afford our home without them.
(01-03-2016, 02:56 AM)SickBeast Wrote: They checked references and everything. People can lie. Even our tenants are not who they claimed to be. One of them keeps getting collection notices in the mail and she has been horrible, noisy,  and rude. The problem is that many people renting seem to have their issues. We have had two sets of excellent tenants and now the new ones aren't as good. At least they pay their rent. We can't afford our home without them.

Well, good luck in 2016!

Exclamation
Thanks very much, same to you. :)
(01-01-2016, 07:52 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Sounds good. :)

I will be buying battlefront when it gets cheaper. It got mixed reviews. I look forward to your thoughts on the game.

Boring. Well, the X-wing vs Tie fighters battles are interesting and challenging for SP. But there is nothing noteworthy about Battlefront except for MP (which I can't play), and THE **GRAPHICS**
-- they are absolutely amazing and a big step up from BF4 which is now *replaced* in my benching suite

(I found a VERY repeatable benchmark over 1 minute long which is very demanding and representative of the game engine - GTX 980 will handle default Ultra settings at 4K (w/FXAA High, Not with MSAA) with a 37.5 fps average and a minimum of 29 fps).
Cool

Here's a few quickie images at 4K downscaled to 1080p:
(the first one is from my benchmark on Endor)

[Image: starwarsbattlefront-2016-01-03-09-34-33-52.jpg]
[Image: starwarsbattlefront-2016-01-02-09-01-49-18.jpg]
[Image: starwarsbattlefront-2016-01-03-09-19-47-05.jpg]
[Image: starwarsbattlefront-2016-01-03-09-11-23-81.jpg]
[Image: starwarsbattlefront-2016-01-03-09-05-00-72.jpg]
Cool. It looks like an interesting game. How graphic is the violence? Any blood? Or is it pretty tame like the movies?
(01-03-2016, 06:52 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Cool. It looks like an interesting game. How graphic is the violence? Any blood? Or is it pretty tame like the movies?

Yes, it is very good for MP. No blood. Tame like the movies. PG. I think you can play it with your children watching. Of course, I can't speak for MP (you probably should wear a headset). And I only played it for a couple of hours searching for a good benchmark, so I cannot speak for every training session and every battle (Endor has the most demanding graphics in SP mode).

(I feel it is worth $45 as a upgrade for BF4 in my benching suite; I would have hated to spend $60)
--Thank-you for the suggestion to add SW Battlefront!
Cool
You're welcome! I'm glad it worked out!
A Radeon 290X is faster than a GTX 980 at 4K with the same ultra settings in Battlefront
- 38.2 average with a 31 minimum.

Do you know anything about Dying Light? It looks fun and I may just pick it up anyway.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/239140/

The dev is Techland ... Dying Light is on the latest Chrome Engine 6 ...
... they create Call of Juarez, and Dead Island franchises ...
... $20.39 ... got it. Only 11.7GB DL and my free d/l zone starts early today (end of a billing cycle). This looks like my new go-to shooter as I am pretty much done with Mad Max.
Cool

Steam got me on the last day of the Steam Holiday sale :P
Blush

It may or not become a benchmark.
Does battlefront support mantle?

All I know about dying light is that the guys on my deal forum were very interested in it. They were buying the 4 packs together. Good luck with it. It seems like it could be a popular game.
No more games support Mantle. It turned out to be marketing for AMD.

I got it for me. It may turn out to be a benchmark.

I got throttled on my D/L speed until midnight .... 18kb/s
:(